• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Mafia Among Us Mafia Game Thread (Town Win!)

Frosty in your eyes who are your most controversial townreads, and your strongest mafia reads?

Ok bestie im texting and driving at stoplights but something on mind: after you made your Ribbit sus did literally anyone talk about it other than me, bc I think there’s something there if that’s true

Literally no one did and it was painful. Every single convo about ribbit, which wasn’t mog and zinnia calling him sus before I did without much elaboration , had to be prompted by me. That said I think that EoD wagon formation makes him look townier than he used to. I would still be willing to vote him out though.

Ahem, @Dolby

You said literally no one talked about your ribbit sus?
No one?
Am I not important in your eyes? Because here are a few of my mentions of it, after you put it out there and before eod.

You make a good case for ribbit, but I'll have to go through it all. I see how ribbot has some wolfy takes - however! Even tho I disagree with those takes, I've seen town with those same crappy no elim opinions (trent). It's the great debate that happens d1 and everyone gets sick of it.

I can kind of see where ribbit is coming from re the pr. I disagreed that 'cop is useless'. Just a bit more of a challenge with godfather/ framer. It's hard for me to tell if ribbit just has a defeated kind of outlook and depends on pr reports, or if it's more of a wolfy thing going on to push town to no elim and take the pressure off maf. It takes me forever to read thru and type, so I'll do it tomorrow. I always re-eval everything well before eod anyway.

So a big push for a player (dolby on ribbit) could be actual sus and ribbit is maf. But could (supertinfoil) also be an effort to redirect attn away from a maf partner who is headed toward elim.

When i come back later i want to read thru and see if i can find inconsistencies, quick read switches without reason, mirepresentations, overly quick agreements, etc. Fresh look from the top.

The only additional thing i saw that was a ribbit sus is the repeat of not reading things. First off - I spend a lot of time on my vogon poetry walls. It's like, required reading!

Fr tho- the repeat of not reading seems a good way to excuse mistakes later.

I was comfortable with my susses. Was going to vote one. Now I'm here at eod, reading, questioning everything. Ugh. I have to vote someone.

@Dolby Do you still have trundle strong town? Has your view on ribbit changed?

Literally no one....pfft.
On the good side - hey I finally get to put your name on my wolfy list for something! 🎉

@annika get back here!

I know basically nothing about how you are looking at the game besides that you find unravel sus and ribbit slightly towny before eod1. Can you change that for me?

My PC was dead, so I wasn't able to read the thread until very late yesterday. By the time I did, D1 was basically over and there was nothing I could contribute. So I decided to skipvote, catch up, and share my reads D2. I was hoping Zinnia would somehow survive the voting, but then I remembered she would probably die N1.

TN4U's defense post on me wasn't due to inexperience. It was due to everyone calling me out (and Ribbit's watchlist), plus the fact that I was busy catching up, so it wouldn't make sense for me to vote someone. By the time I finished, voting was over and Zinnia was dead.
As for examples of Ness's and your read, I'll compile those into a separate post (once I remember which ones they were, this thread is moving too fast)
dies n1 wait why?

No, i was saying you were asking about it, not saying it. In other words, you were asking for someone to confirm whether you should change your vote. As in "tell me what to do, swear you are confident it's this person, i can't decide and i need someone to help me decide".

Very sorry if it came across any other way. You were asking about whether or not you should change your vote.

Ness called it out as odd (not direct quote). But Ness did the same thing asking trundle to confirm it was unravel.
damn put some words in my mouth would you
but fine since you are just using me as argument to go for your ness tunnel ig. why did you sus jacob again?

Controversial? I guess Ribbit?
Right now my town reads are Ness, Volt, Betsy, Ribbit, and you. I need to revisit Trundle but I still wanna town lean him.

Strongest maf read, I don't want to talk about it quite yet because I'm still wrapping my head around if this is a stupid bad tinfoil or not. 😅But I still am not satisfied with TN4U, and despite what Ness was saying, I don't think I caught this easy bandagon on him considering he didn't even get a single vote outside mine. 🤷‍♀️And if we're talking newbie AFKs, obviously Dino.

Strongest maf read, I don't want to talk about it quite yet because I'm still wrapping my head around if this is a stupid bad tinfoil or not. 😅But I still am not satisfied with TN4U, and despite what Ness was saying, I don't think I caught this easy bandagon on him considering he didn't even get a single vote outside mine. 🤷‍♀️And if we're talking newbie AFKs, obviously Dino.
Take this as a sign I still haven't read everything lol, good point though. I had it in the back of my mind that of those three yesterday (Zinnia, TN4U, Ribbit) that TN4U is probably the most outlandish in hindsight.

Poking above, I just think the Dino vote was insanely random after having two whole posts the entire game and my tinfoil is currently revolving around them being told to place the vote there.
Post automatically merged:

Like legit if they didn't know what to do, I would expect them to no elim like Lily and Shiny 🤷‍♀️
towniest maf player picking an fos to redirect attention…… dino……. trundle trundle trundle

mogyay(????) mog’s slot is important in this. i tr mog’s lines but in this scenario yk. if mog is town then i’m sure you can think of another reason to start it

not covering this until at least tomorrow though. don’t try to ping me on this one i am not covering it today.

@annika get back here!

I know basically nothing about how you are looking at the game besides that you find unravel sus and ribbit slightly towny before eod1. Can you change that for me?
i didnt even find unravel suspicious, i just voted them bc trundle asked me to lol

damn put some words in my mouth would you
but fine since you are just using me as argument to go for your ness tunnel ig. why did you sus jacob again?

Sorry! I will try to quote more to avoid mixups. It's just a pain on mobile.

So in kingmaker, jacob put annika as definite townread. Turned out to be a wolfy trick. So this game, jacob says (not quotes) annika 99% villager, annika reply was you aren't tricking me again!

And jacob's reply to that was to say that annika's reaction was wolfy. Knowing the stuff from last game - that post from jacob was very wolfy to me. It's post 76.

It was also the time when i started leaning town dolby, lol. Dolby wasn't aware of the last game stuff, so when he was questioning the annika townreads and said what is wrong with you people (not exact maybe), i thought it seemed a confused town.

this isn’t for you specifically. i don’t think you’re mafia if that’s a looming thought.

my eyebrow was raised at the fact several people came back and voted without prompting. especially the people who voted actual people. this includes yoshi, dinosaur, and zinnia.

i wouldn’t put it past the mafia to ping their partners to blitz a vote last second. i was staying aware of that possibility and writing names down.
i think i asked this to someone already but didn't get an answer but: if there is a need to blitz there is a need to save someone, so one of the wagons should be mafia. zinnia is vt and you wouldnt say yourself is mafia so do you think unravel is mafia? i might want to flip her today just because of this but idk it seems too easy

Annika I am begging you what are your reads
lmao sorry

uhh
i think trundle is town ...?
betsy also seems townie on this page

I think I had ribbit town for some reason but I rescind that read

also frosty is very townie !!

Take this as a sign I still haven't read everything lol, good point though. I had it in the back of my mind that of those three yesterday (Zinnia, TN4U, Ribbit) that TN4U is probably the most outlandish in hindsight.
Lol fair. I was seriously tripping when I looked at the voting results yesterday and ws just like, 'Was Ness trying to bait something from me or what'? I'll be honest that I didn't really pay attention to what TN said yesterday when he was back around EoD time. But from what I understand he still hyperfixated on Zinnia for literally the one line so. 🤷‍♀️ I am looking forward to his views with that green flip.

Step one. I wanna analyze the Zinnia voters. I have every reason to feel someone from maf jumped on this wagon because it was too easy a frame.
I did realize that it would look kinda suspiciously if I switched to vote Zinnia at the last second. But the reason I did it was because I felt like it would be better than voting no elim since she probably would have been voted out anyway. Also I wasn’t sure how many other people would vote no elim and I didn’t want to end up accidentally causing us to vote for no one if a lot of people did choose it.

lmao sorry

uhh
i think trundle is town ...?
betsy also seems townie on this page

I think I had ribbit town for some reason but I rescind that read

also frosty is very townie !!
Ok progress

Also for those quoting Annika, unless you provide a quote of her sussing Zinnia I am fine with her sheeping trundle. She plays elsewhere, in that situation she’s placing a vote on a major wagon, she townread Ribbit at the time, so she’s voting unravel or zinnia

Why is Ribbit more sus than yesterday

Is trundles eod1 towny?

Talk about Betsy being towny on this page, how?

I don’t think the slot is towny

Someone remind me to reread page 41 when I am at a computer later

I did realize that it would look kinda suspiciously if I switched to vote Zinnia at the last second. But the reason I did it was because I felt like it would be better than voting no elim since she probably would have been voted out anyway. Also I wasn’t sure how many other people would vote no elim and I didn’t want to end up accidentally causing us to vote for no one if a lot of people did choose it.
Sadly part of me really thinks mafia wont vote for Zinnia because its an obvious downfall for them. Theyre trying to lowkey atm

yeah it is if youre town
Uh????

Back