• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Mafia Among Us Mafia Game Thread (Town Win!)

anything important you thought was questionable? i dont like how he is coasting today
Yeah the thing is, he's questioning a lot, updating his reads list and all, addressing things he's changed his mind on (the zinnia thing). Pfft. I'm keeping it an open read tho. Sometimes it's the no mistake players that are dirty. 😅

hm im very confused. you think zinnia is only townreading people that thinks shes town?
also no, im dying along with the forums
no, zinnia is only fossing (sussing) people who DON’T think she’s town
Post automatically merged:

don’t die with the forums. die half on the forums and half on the dead mafia site i play daily 👁️

Yeah the thing is, he's questioning a lot, updating his reads list and all, addressing things he's changed his mind on (the zinnia thing). Pfft. I'm keeping it an open read tho. Sometimes it's the no mistake players that are dirty. 😅
maybe the cleaness is bc he seems to be cherry picking what to respond. just tinfoilling tho, maybe i can get him to stop coasting lol

Good. Can you please answer me on why you think two of the maf were AFK players and are you still leaning to that theory today? If so, who?
When I said this, I felt pretty comfy and anyone who wasn't noob town and had posted substantially already was giving me town vibes. My #1 sus right now is unravel and I will probably vote them.
Also has your opinion on TN4U changed at all?
I think TN4U is noob town

no, zinnia is only fossing (sussing) people who DON’T think she’s town

don’t die with the forums. die half on the forums and half on the dead mafia site i play daily 👁️
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm fine
@Zinnia. can you expand on your wolf reads?

you said this:
yeah and I stand by it, but I'm not saying there I don't still lean sus on mog. It's a weak sus and the reactions were more important but I still have the sus!

betsy is pretty towny for me btw

we already HAVE no intel. and we risk killing a power role. we already risk losing one to mafia by default. we can afford a no elimination.

So wanted to mention, i would hope pr are playing their best town game, but - if we accidentally target a pr, they have time to defend/adjust their game without outing themselves. That's one reason why we put our reads list out there.

My town list:
- Betsy
- Trundle
- TN4U
- voltairenism
- Zinnia
- FrostyAlmonds
- Dolby

My neutral list
- ribbitribbon
- radical6
- annika
- Jacob4

My maf list
- unravel
- mog

AFKs
- ShinyDungeoneer
- Dinosaur
- lily2816
- Yoshi155 (light town read)

If I'm right about unravel OR mog, then I would say there could be 1 from neutral and 2 from 1 from AFK. 1 wildcard. If I'm right about both then we boolin'

feel free to ask for clarification for any of my reads but most of them are just gut feelings

Lily I would implore you to not vote for no elimatiation. Voting out people is how town gets out mafia and how we win the game. Any missed vote out is a missed chance to eject an imposter
first off, dont talk to me this way. i will vote how i see fit.

i have played among us. i was not feeling well earlier. i will read through all the comments tomorrow.

edit: i thought if i joined the among us mafia, i might post more on the forums. im shy until i get to know people.

maybe the cleaness is bc he seems to be cherry picking what to respond. just tinfoilling tho, maybe i can get him to stop coasting lol

Still have a day.

betsy is pretty towny for me btw

I'm so happy. 🥲

I'll be out for the next couple hours. Northern lights showing up in the south. Woohoo! (Yes, I am easily entertained).

i have played among us. i was not feeling well earlier. i will read through all the comments tomorrow.

edit: i thought if i joined the among us mafia, i might post more on the forums. im shy until i get to know people.
FYI you aren’t supposed to edit your posts! It’s a rule so that people don’t edit out something important.

Not helpful but thanks for dropping in because I was literally about to ping you. If you had to vote someone here and now now, who would it be (no elim does not count)? How would you feel if I voted for you right now? Are you reading the game at all? If yes give me any reads, they don't need to be strong.
1. I still don’t know who to vote for at all. But if I still have to pick someone, maybe Zinnia?
2. I wouldn’t really care
3. I’ve been reading the game. My reads are still the same as before

This game is like being in liminal space, gimme Jacob4 back please
Re-upping this

I backread a bit and I think Zinnia is mildly town, in that I feel that their process and reasoning for their Mogyay sus is believable and natural.

Anyway as for Ribbit, I look at this point and I kind of just think that this reasoning is just following the thread consensus? Heck, TN4U had the exact same wolf reads a few posts before Ribbit made their own reads
sure hold on (i say as if i will post this before getting the quotes)

also keep in mind these reads aren’t sheep reads. trust ^^;

frosty has too many to go through but she comes off as just reading into the game without outside information and outing reads based on it.

zinnia and mogyay’s starts are just a bit too not game related for me. like i get a few but until rn zinnia was mostly coasting and then saying stuff like this:

also based on how i interact with other as maf mogyay feels fishy. just asking obvious questions does not read as towny to me:

i also want to get this post done so i won’t quote vomit tn4u rn but i like how he has a town centered purpose but still engages with questions people ask him naturally. i’ve only talked to him outside of mafia but he just seems like himself and i find that towny. o7
And I look at the above post and it's just like, you are sussing people with three posts at the start of the game because yes they have empty posts but that isn't the end all be all.

Like, I made a point to call out the referenced Zinnia post since I felt (at the time not currently, I now think it's a NAI post that imposters could push on) it was a towny post that wolves would use to push on if Zinnia was completely new. I'd be a bit more critical if Zinnia was like "idk I don't have any reads" but I think it's perfectly natural for a new player to feel that everyone is fundamentally fine so far, and it has definetely shown in their worldview throughout the whole thread since. ribbit kinda just hasn't pivoted on their reads at all, which I think is kind of an indictment of them when Zinnia is looking better the deeper I go into the thread, and Volt is looking towny to me at the point of time where they say this.

It would be fine if Ribbon had more read progression on Zinnia (Mogyay hasn't provided enough) but they just don't?

Then I look at the post below and I have thoughts on it. I felt that TN4U going after Annika for saying weh was overlyaggressive and definetely made me feel weird about the slot. Ribbon just brushes me of. It feels like Ribbon already decided that they were going to townread TN4U and that they were going to keep townreading TN4U and nothing is gonna change that. This goes with my earlier thoughts about Ribbon potentially pocketing TN4U

if you mean the ‘weh’ thing idk i guess? it felt more like a joke to me than an actual read. i didn’t read into it

yeah i would like to give her a chance to talk, i’m just outing my current views on the game

to be completely honest i barely read stuff on this page, i’ll do that rn

Also going to say, I found unravel's posting here. It did not impress, more consensus townreads from another shot, I am fine with Trundles vote there.

I would really like more from @mogyay I do feel like your suspicions are the two people who kinda got on the "mogyay and zinnia sus" bandwagon last and I need more from your slot to fully read you for you, rather than read you from the space around you.

Another thing, I'm seeing a lot of people townreading yoshi. I don't think that Yoshi is sus but i'm not seeing any reasons to townread Yoshi yet tbh.

I like radical6's big post outside that townlean

np my reads are mog/zinni for maf and tn4u/trundle for town. at least those were my reads but you’re making me question both. if i had to replace one maybe i’d townlean dolby over trundle. i went back and forth with him and it didn’t feel wolfy.

my point about trundle is that he claimed it was rxn instead of just saying it was a read. but you’re right honestly, anyone can pull that out as a fall back. i’ll null him for now.
Idk maybe I tunneled and washed, but like, this is just giving Frosty what she wants to hear.

I feel pretty meh towards Betsy's ISO on Jacob4. I like that you are doing it but Jacob townreading me for my skepticism towards me is pretty towny imo. Granted guy hasn't been in thread for a while

Yeah really not understanding all of the Yoshi townreads. Up to a proper read of 275

This game is like being in liminal space, gimme Jacob4 back please
Re-upping this

I backread a bit and I think Zinnia is mildly town, in that I feel that their process and reasoning for their Mogyay sus is believable and natural.

Anyway as for Ribbit, I look at this point and I kind of just think that this reasoning is just following the thread consensus? Heck, TN4U had the exact same wolf reads a few posts before Ribbit made their own reads
sure hold on (i say as if i will post this before getting the quotes)

also keep in mind these reads aren’t sheep reads. trust ^^;

frosty has too many to go through but she comes off as just reading into the game without outside information and outing reads based on it.

zinnia and mogyay’s starts are just a bit too not game related for me. like i get a few but until rn zinnia was mostly coasting and then saying stuff like this:

also based on how i interact with other as maf mogyay feels fishy. just asking obvious questions does not read as towny to me:

i also want to get this post done so i won’t quote vomit tn4u rn but i like how he has a town centered purpose but still engages with questions people ask him naturally. i’ve only talked to him outside of mafia but he just seems like himself and i find that towny. o7
And I look at the above post and it's just like, you are sussing people with three posts at the start of the game because yes they have empty posts but that isn't the end all be all.

Like, I made a point to call out the referenced Zinnia post since I felt (at the time not currently, I now think it's a NAI post that imposters could push on) it was a towny post that wolves would use to push on if Zinnia was completely new.

It would be fine if Ribbon had more read progression on Zinnia (Mogyay hasn't provided enough) but they just don't?

Then I look at the post below and I have thoughts on it. I felt that TN4U going after Annika for saying weh was overlyaggressive and definetely made me feel weird about the slot. Ribbon just brushes me of. It feels like Ribbon already decided that they were going to townread TN4U and that they were going to keep townreading TN4U and nothing is gonna change that. This goes with my earlier thoughts about Ribbon potentially pocketing TN4U

if you mean the ‘weh’ thing idk i guess? it felt more like a joke to me than an actual read. i didn’t read into it

yeah i would like to give her a chance to talk, i’m just outing my current views on the game

to be completely honest i barely read stuff on this page, i’ll do that rn

Also going to say, I found unravel's posting here. It did not impress, more consensus townreads from another shot, I am fine with Trundles vote there.

I would really like more from @mogyay I do feel like your suspicions are the two people who kinda got on the "mogyay and zinnia sus" bandwagon last and I need more from your slot to fully read you for you, rather than read you from the space around you.

Another thing, I'm seeing a lot of people townreading yoshi. I don't think that Yoshi is sus but i'm not seeing any reasons to townread Yoshi yet tbh.

I like radical6's big post outside that townlean

np my reads are mog/zinni for maf and tn4u/trundle for town. at least those were my reads but you’re making me question both. if i had to replace one maybe i’d townlean dolby over trundle. i went back and forth with him and it didn’t feel wolfy.

my point about trundle is that he claimed it was rxn instead of just saying it was a read. but you’re right honestly, anyone can pull that out as a fall back. i’ll null him for now.
Idk maybe I tunneled and washed, but like, this is just giving Frosty what she wants to hear.

I feel pretty meh towards Betsy's ISO on Jacob4. I like that you are doing it but Jacob townreading me for my skepticism towards me is pretty towny imo. Granted guy hasn't been in thread for a while
again can i get an explanation for your reads? other than the fact we thought it was you. that’s p obvious

i think speaking more will be less incriminating than disappearing. if you talk more people are less likely to think it’s you anyways. shows you’re comfortable with the game.

i already reiterated that we should no eject for today. i’m outing my current reads for this day, and i explained my reasons for both. i think it’s likely only one of the wagons is maf.

i agree, but also it’s just statistically more likely people will push on people who aren’t around. you feel weird sussing someone in their face. i think that’s the main contributing factor towards the general push.

LOL i try. i prefer a mix and assume other people are the same o7

i did misunderstand. but i still disagree ab the zinnia point

i think you’re missing what i was actually saying in my reads and just saying that i read zinnia/mog which was the general read consensus. when you asked about zinnia i disagreed with you thinking they were towny and the thread hadn’t mentioned her in awhile iirc.

outside of quotes tn4u/trundle team is interesting. i can only see trundle pocketing tn4u. i don’t think that they’re both mafia.

hi lily, any thoughts

oh i forgot to respond to this

i’m just gonna come out and say it: d1 doesn’t matter that much. i am not confident enough to start firing definitive shots this early into the game and would not be surprised if all of my reads thus far are completely wrong. we’re just all gonna point at each other until something happens. i will have more to say once we get some reports.

cop also looking low-key kinda useless with framer and god father so a tracker report is what i want most.

again can i get an explanation for your reads? other than the fact we thought it was you. that’s p obvious

i think speaking more will be less incriminating than disappearing. if you talk more people are less likely to think it’s you anyways. shows you’re comfortable with the game.

i already reiterated that we should no eject for today. i’m outing my current reads for this day, and i explained my reasons for both. i think it’s likely only one of the wagons is maf.

i agree, but also it’s just statistically more likely people will push on people who aren’t around. you feel weird sussing someone in their face. i think that’s the main contributing factor towards the general push.

LOL i try. i prefer a mix and assume other people are the same o7

i did misunderstand. but i still disagree ab the zinnia point

i think you’re missing what i was actually saying in my reads and just saying that i read zinnia/mog which was the general read consensus. when you asked about zinnia i disagreed with you thinking they were towny and the thread hadn’t mentioned her in awhile iirc.

outside of quotes tn4u/trundle team is interesting. i can only see trundle pocketing tn4u. i don’t think that they’re both mafia.

hi lily, any thoughts

oh i forgot to respond to this

i’m just gonna come out and say it: d1 doesn’t matter that much. i am not confident enough to start firing definitive shots this early into the game and would not be surprised if all of my reads thus far are completely wrong. we’re just all gonna point at each other until something happens. i will have more to say once we get some reports.

cop also looking low-key kinda useless with framer and god father so a tracker report is what i want most.
This whole post is super suspicious to me and I feel the need to break it down on a post of it's own separate from anything else I am doing. If you read one part of this post it should be the last paragraph within this post merge

The first part with Zinnia is fine.

The second part I'm going to be more generous than I would like to be towards. This statement when you think about the whole thread holistically with regard to what a wagon, is basically saying to no elim when there is, in Ribbon's view, a wolf between Mog and Zinnia. But eh, I don't have a perfect view of the inside of their head. No elim bad.There's plenty that comes later in this post.

Third part in response to me with regard to Mogyay, this is where the hairs on my neck raised when I read this. In my eyes, the statement is trying to have it's cake and eat it to. It's handwavey, and flipflopping. It's saying that, yes people are bandwagoning on Mogyay and that may be towny for her, but at the same time, those people might be town more comfortable pushing someone not around. Let me stay in the same spot with regard to my progression on my reads thanks. It's a really weird noncomittal thing to post that I think is mainly serving as an attempt to get into my good graces with agreeing with me about the push towards Mog without committing to any action that lets up the pressure on her.

fourth part fine

fifth part: yeah I'm just not meshing with this. I think that the logic that you used is really just a rehash of logic used by other people and is just sheeping teh thread, and I do think that the specific highlighted Zinnia post is one that mafia would be tempted to use against a new town very frequently

After the merge I just don't really like the appeal for town to not vote people out, but it also is kinda saying to me that the slot doesn't want to commit to reading people. That this slot doesn't want accountability for how it reads people and what it says in the thread.

The last bit kinda just blew my mind and I'm surprised that no one else even mentioned it but it's "cop is kinda useless". Cop's checks have like a 85-90% chance of being right. I think that Ribbon has a guilty conscience and is worried about being inspected, so he wants to cast doubt at a cop beforehand. And before anyone says anything, there's a difference betwee saying cop isn't the end all be all and that the cop is "kinda useless"

ignore that my post is copied twice in my analysis of Ribbon's post #278. I am still trying to figure out new TBT If you read any part of this post please read the last paragraph. I'm comfortable with my vote staying there

Last edited:
That's fair, and no rush, I know you already said you needed a few hours to really participate. I would like to ask your opinions on Trundle's prediction of maf being Mog, 2 AFK and a deepwolf though (specifically the two AFK).
I would be surprised if two of the people in the AFK section of Trundle's readslist in the 300s were imposters. With that said even though I don't like the read, from what I remember of Trundle he was pretty inclined to townread people who were present and active in general so i think in the context of him specifically that read is fine.

Now that we're deeper in the thread my read is more solidified, but earlier when I made that post to you saying I townread him. Of the people who were vibing in the thread he was vibing in the most towny ways, he was acting in a way that drove the thread forward. I think that he might be threadspewed town by the reaction to the Mogyay push, since there were a number of people who jumped on that in not great ways, and I think some of them may have been willing to sheep a townie's wrong read if Mogyay is town. His play was driving forward participation in the thread. Now I can look at his posts after like 280 and be like "yeah this guy is just probably town" off of something that isn't vibes but yeah.

Would like to say again that the towniest thing about Mogyay is how certain people reacted to her being pushed. I really need more from her to read her from her

Bring the tinfoil, lol.

Yeah but, it's Dan's game. We can't have no elim d1 in Dan's game. He'd be swearing up a storm in the graveyard.
😄

Dolby-i read through and i can't find anything really dirty. And I tried. The few things that were imo questionable -you addressed later. Ex- to zinnias post (chances are, the maf not online yet post) the response from you was to townlean.

I like jacob's response better.

Later i think you rethought the townlean for that?

I townlean you atm more because of the questioning you did over the initial annika town reads. And a couple other things.

Who could you see as a 4 wolf team fr?

Mine usually are!
😅

I think the combo could be useful. But agree, tracker is very useful.

Yeah at the time I saw that post I had to leave shortly after and thought that it was towny but the type of post theyd be pushed over so I shot that read out. Reevaluated later and thought it was NAI.

Making a four person mafia team is TOUGH since there are so many directions to go right now. There are like, three different borderline mutually exclusive worlds I could go down dependent on what I think about the Mogyay thread push. If I'm at Mogyay town, I think I go Ribbit/unravel/Yoshi(this one is more of a reaction why is this guy being super townread)/one AFK. This is more of a "find the most plausible four player team", rather than "name the four most suspicious players".

anything important you thought was questionable? i dont like how he is coasting today

I'm not coasting I just couldn't get to a computer :(

we already HAVE no intel. and we risk killing a power role. we already risk losing one to mafia by default. we can afford a no elimination.

no i said i understand what you mean and misunderstood it originally.

most people are saying zinnia is victim of a bandwagon with mog. the people she did fos happen to all be people who didn’t change that view. i disagree with this whole post again, sorry volt
I don't think that Trundle even really mentioned Zinnia until recently? Besides that, I do think that holisitically you and TN4U's susses on Mogyay and Zinnia look the most suspicious to me timing wise. Also voting people out is our only way to get out evil people. I feel this about Mogyay earlier to: if she's gonna sus to slots that sus her, those slots being Ribbon and TN4U is the least worrying since the method that they got to to wolfread them is least evident and looks most like sheeping the thread

Trundle I am really going to need you to talk about TN4U being obvious noob town because outside other people's interactions with him making him look relatively good I don't understand how he looks good from thread participation

Well I'm sorry if I was being rude. I still do stand by voting someone out today though.

My guess is that TN4U is definitely a townie, and possibly Frosty. Maybe Jacob too?
How do you feel about Betsy's entrance to the thread?

Kinda sad that no one is here rn. Was hoping to vibe with people, ah well

Last edited:
The fact I'm struggling with different timezones with you guys I totally understand yall ain't impress with my post recently like I get it that it's really weak.

The fact that the mog train is weird at first but I really do remember now how she plays in different roles which is totally understandable. Shes very hard to read but I don't mind voting her aside zinna

Imma add Trundle/Dolby as townread for me, I dont see either of them teamming up as mafia. Radical is more on null if I were to vote out from my previous list and my current I'm voting out Zinna and her post inconsistency.

Betsy is on null for me idk how they play and shes a replacement so its too sudden imo.

Back