• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
To anyone that knows of me... I have, as of September 2018, whether you believe it or not, given up on collecting amiibo figures.
Yes. I'm done.

Reason? Well, I just do not have the room spare anymore.

Rent a storage container, or just stick some in the fridge.

At the very least, put the Splatoon amiibo in the fridge...Yano, so they "stay fresh".

I tried to get a Peach amiibo, but all the shops around my area only sells those new Smash amiibos
and that's it. Kinda miss those times where the shelves in the shops were full of amiibos...

Wow, no one has posted in ages. Does anyone still collect amiibos?

Recently, I got the following:

Animal Crossing
Blathers, Celeste, Kicks

Smash
Young Link, Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2, Cloud, Cloud 2, King K. Rool, Donkey Kong, Daisy, Ken, Piranha Plant, Ice Climbers, Inkling, Wolf and Ridley.

Last edited:
I haven't bought any, but admittedly I have been tempted by Link, Zelda, and Yoshi. But they're pricey

The only ones I'm really planning to get are:
- Callie & Marie
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Solid Snake
- Pichu
- Isabelle (Smash)
- Chrom (Smash)
- Maybe a Tiki and Simon if I see them going cheap, but I'm not fussed.

I kinda stopped caring about amiibo a good while ago. Nintendo were awful at stocking them, prices on some became ridiculous and it quickly became evident that I wouldn't just need 1 Link amiibo for Link related stuff like they originally said...I would need like 10 different Link amiibo's to get low effort content. These ones I'm either going to preorder or impulse buy at some point since I'm just not in a rush since I know I'll be paying out the butt for them anyway.

I imagine I'm done with amiibo after the Smash ones have finished rolling out...And given Nintendo's implementation of them recently, I think they're letting them die out too. It's a shame since I just like having the figures of characters I like and they were good quality for the RRP (if you were lucky to get them at the RRP), but I don't think Nintendo will keep making them without the NFC functionality they don't seem that interested in even doing anymore.

Yeah I do still collect amiibo, I buy them if I like the character or the game they belong to. But the initial hype has definitely died down. Doesn't help that they don't really do anything with amiibo in games anymore.

I have quite a few : no massive collection or anything , but a shoebox full of them. I like to put them out as decoration mostly , but also in game functions for some games are pretty neat - like the breath of the wild divine beasts giving me overpowered items and tons of weapons! My favourite ones are definitely the breath of the wild ones - they're absolutely stunning and the weapons are beautiful!

They're very pricey though so maybe if I get a part time job at some point I could buy some more? I would love to get the yarn yoshis, octolings, animal crossing and remaining breath of the wild amiibo to put on my shelf but not today sadly. I still love my current ones nonetheless and they make me very happy. ^^

So far, the Pearl and Marina amiibos from Splatoon 2 are the only ones I own right now. My plan is to get
some more amiibos in the future, mainly those Splatoon ones.

Thinking of selling off my collection. They've sat in a drawer since I dismantled my bookcase (where they were displayed) in September.

Thinking of selling off my collection. They've sat in a drawer since I dismantled my bookcase (where they were displayed) in September.

Funnily enough, some of mine have recently come out of the draw since I put my bookshelf up.

I don't know what to really do with the others, probably just stick them in the attic or something. I don't have the heart to sell them since I only got characters I liked in the first place (and Wolf, because Amazon screwed up and sent me the wrong one...Which I put on the bookshelf). I've only kept out my absolute favourites since I don't really want them cluttering up the house given Nintendo is seemingly not even supporting the things that much anymore.

I think the only one I absolutely want is Banjo, and that's more because Banjo merch is hard to come by than because it's an amiibo.

After playing Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart 8 Online, I think I'm going to get at least one Splatoon amiibo. S2 has this nice display window where you can put one of the amiibo and I think this is so cool, wow. <3 And getting a new suit in MK 8 would be nice, too. @_@

I caved and just ordered Smash Chrom today. I already have Fire Emblem Chrom and I vowed to not by alternate versions of the same character since I have so many amiibo, but he just looks so good. He's the exception being one of my fave characters I guess (and my original Fire Emblem husband haha).

Not much of a choice in that poll.
I have about thirty amiibo figures, but out of that list, only Link and Villager.

Just started my collection, though I'm not sure how many more I want to get. Started off with Link (OoT) and got the Animal Crossing 3-Pack Series with Cyrus, K.K. and Reese after that. I'm curious what they'll add to New Horizon, if anything, but I also really enjoy them as figurines as well.

Hey.
I am merely just posting to say that I gave up collecting amiibo figures back in September 2018 as room to store them was at a premium and I became a bit tired of constantly checking websites for preorders.
I have given up the amiibo collecting game now.

I am sure that some people here still remember me.

Last edited:
Hey.
I am merely just posting to say that I gave up collecting amiibo figures back in September 2018 as room to store them was at a premium and I became a bit tired of constantly checking websites for preorders.
I have given up the amiibo collecting game now.

I am sure that some people here still remember me.
Yes I remember you Jason.
I too have given up with amiibo. I have various ones from the Zelda series, including the 4 pack with the guardians in, I also have the villager (newest) and ocarina link one.
I also have full series one amiibo card collection.

I have a lot of Amiibos and I'm not sure if I can name them all without looking at them. I don't think I could possibly get them all, not even all the ones I want. All the ones I have I just happened to find at local stores in the past few years.

The hubby recently bought me all 4 AC Binders with all of the Cards, I also recently got the Welcome Amiibo RVs. Soon I will receive the Zelda Collection to go with my BOTW game.

Back