amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
Ah OK, although surely you'll get slightly less then?
You might have finished university by then, but student grants are getting axed from 2016 although you can get loans. If you're still buying amiibo then, it will have to be using money that you'll have to repay. O:

If it turns out that I spend much less than I anticipate, I'm totally going to spend my money on a New 3DS / amiibo cards / 3DS games / Chibi-Robo amiibo. ;D

Someday in the future JasonBurrows' house will be overflowing with amiibo and Jason will be broke sitting in a throne made of amiibos, lol...

Last edited:
Ooooh! Here comes a massive CPSIA update that just occurred today. Not only we have a slew of new amiibo updated, but there's quite a fair amount of older amiibo restocks, thus explaining why some American and Canadian stores have been receiving a lot of amiibo lately.

Newcomers

Pink Yarn Yoshi
Mario Modern Color
R.O.B., MR. GAME & WATCH, Duck Hunt

Unreleased but got restocked

Bowser Jr.
Ganondorf
Zero Suit Samus
Olimar
Falco

Previously released amiibo with restocks

Inkling Girl
Inkling Boy
Inkling Girl / Squid / Boy
SM Toad
SM Luigi
SM Peach
Little Mac
Lucario
Captain Falcon
Villager
Pikachu
Pac-Man
Charizard
Ike
Marth

Hope you'll enjoy the recent restock!

I for sure want an Olimar, he looks too good to pass up. And possibly ZSS, since she's kinda my main.

I was pretty surprised at my Target's amiibo selection. While they did have plenty of Zelda, there was also a few Bowser, Pikachu, Mario, Luigi, Diddy, Peach, and there were actually a couple Pac-Man. He's the only one from his wave I have ever seen on a store shelf.

Ooh, a restock!! Looking forward to being able to get the Dr. Mario Amiibo at Target since I work there and will see it when it comes in :)

Ooh, a restock!! Looking forward to being able to get the Dr. Mario Amiibo at Target since I work there and will see it when it comes in :)

Dr. Mario is probably my next favorite Smash amiibo after Jigglypuff!!! But once they release Mewtwo he will go down to third spot oops™

Dr. Mario is probably my next favorite Smash amiibo after Jigglypuff!!! But once they release Mewtwo he will go down to third spot oops™

Didn't know that, Jake. He is one of my favorites too; just not at the top of my list. :)

Looking forward to the release of Lucas he's one of my favorites and ness

Saw this on twitter today.
image.jpg

Saw this on twitter today.
View attachment 144105

Most likely fake. Mewtwo is only getting his amiibo on October 24th - and they still need to release Ryu, Roy, and Lucas. If shovel knight was coming November 27 then they'd have release Lucas, roy and Ryu like 2 weeks after mewtwo (or on the same day as shovel knight, but I really doubt that), and since they like to release amiibo monthly, yeah I'm pretty sure it's fake.

Also a quick google shows there has been fan made shovel knight amiibo going around for a while, and in the first image the support stand is on different feet in each image so yeah fake - I get it says "artwork not final", but I'm fairly certain this is fake anyway. Who knows tho, it could end up being like that South African retailer all over again and actually turn out to be legit.

Last edited:
Made my trip to my nearest vintage video game store this afternoon and I've seen a few amiibo appearing there, along with a lot of Skylanders toys. There were 2 Dark Pit amiibo, both of which are priced at $29.99 CAD, the double of a MSRP, while the lone Sheik is just $5 cheaper than Dark Pit. I'm actually surprised they managed to get ahold a Dark Pit, let alone two.

I was considering giving my SM Bowser amiibo to one of my relatives in the next Christmas, since I already own the Smash counterpart. but nobody might be using them. One child I know owns a Wii U but hasn't played it lately and prefers playing sandbox games ? la Grand Theft Auto V on PS4, and my much older relative is a gamer who doesn't own a Wii U yet. Guess I'll unbox SM Bowser soon and put him in my kiddie-styled bedroom. He'd be a perfect fit for that room, especially since the base's color would clashes with my basement colors.

I know it's very late to say that, but I can safely say I'm addicted to amiibo. Even after I managed to grab 4 unicorn-rarity amiibo by pure luck and not having work at that time, I'm even trying to get them at the most affordable price I could possibly get. I'm considering getting SM Yoshi, SM Luigi, SM Peach, Toad, Link and Pac-Man at the same time a potentially hard-to-find amiibo that I care shows up. I might get the regular SM Mario later, and ignore his metallic carbon-copies altogether.

Back