amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
My Target still has like 20 Jigglypuff, they originally had 30. And they're getting another 10~ of bothJiggly and Greninja thus Thursday so I'll grab a Greninja after school :D

YAAAAAAAS

Take photo pls

Why do I keep seeing that Jigglypuff is rare on most sites? Is this true? I found the Inkling Amiibo were harder to find than Jigglypuff as my local store only had one 3-pack of the Splatoon and no single packaged ones. While the same store had about 4 or 5 Jigglys (which is a lot for my smaller store).

- - - Post Merge - - -

I picked up the Splatoon pack and a Jiggly. I almost picked up Charizard too but I'm hearing he's more Uncommon than rare?

Why does it seem like nobody ever uses their Amiibos in the games? They just buy them to look at them. That makes 0 sense. Why buy it and not use it?

Why does it seem like nobody ever uses their Amiibos in the games? They just buy them to look at them. That makes 0 sense. Why buy it and not use it?

a lot of them don't do much as of now. Like I trained a few of them in Smash Bros but I'm not gonna do that with all of them lol so if they don't unlock MK8 costumes they just don't have much function for me atm (especially since I don't have a N3DS and the adapter isn't out yet)
so yeah it's mostly cuz figures are cool.

because they're pointless.

all they do are unlock "paid DLC" so to speak, and CPU characters in smash, that's all. It's a waste.

I have 14 amiibo and no way to use them in games since I only have a 3DS XL. But... that will all change once the adaptor is released! As others have mentioned, collecting is fun. Plus, amiibo are basically the first widely available Nintendo toylike merchandise.

As a side note, I finally found my first amiibo from the new wave in stores today. It was Pac-man, but I was kind of disappointed with how it looked in person so I didn't buy it. I still have high hopes to find Charizard in stores eventually.

By widely available, I meant that you can walk into stores and at usually find some amiibo available (usually the standard Mario crew: Mario Luigi Bowser Peach etc...). So yes, I was referring to a specific few. But still, to the noncollectors, that's probably a decent variety.

I have 14 amiibo and no way to use them in games since I only have a 3DS XL. But... that will all change once the adaptor is released! As others have mentioned, collecting is fun. Plus, amiibo are basically the first widely available Nintendo toylike merchandise.

As a side note, I finally found my first amiibo from the new wave in stores today. It was Pac-man, but I was kind of disappointed with how it looked in person so I didn't buy it. I still have high hopes to find Charizard in stores eventually.

Pacquiao looks solid wtf Charizard is the one that looks like a Happy Meal toy

Nah I use them in game. And rub them in questionable places.

*da ICE MaN~~~
amiibos.jpg

@5056867 I happen to own Ness and PAC-Man too.

Here is a checklist if anyone wants to use it btw...

WARNING... These are LARGE images...
super_smash_bros__amiibo_checklist_by_sonicboom403-d8jhwe0.png

Check this checklist out too.
This is my personal one. I currently own 37 out of 50 Super Smash Bros. amiibo
amiibo%20Checklist%2037%20of%2050_zps37lpxy73.png

Last edited:
That's it. I'm never going to buy an Amiibo now. The guy at GameStop asked me if I wanted to purchase an inkling boy or girl Amiibo and I told him I'd probably just come back another time and get one. I decided to check the stock for Splatoon Amiibos and the only ones stores sold are the three packs and even those are sold out. If Amiibos are going to sell out that easily even for Splatoon I'm not going to bother. /endrage

I'm amiibo hunting today before class to try and find the ones I don't have from Wave 4 (Pacquaio, Wario, and Charz)
So far the only one I haven't found is Charz.

I've seen the Inkling Boy and Girl, but they don't interest me too much at the moment

Back