• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Alternative museum exhibit ideas?

EmGee

Crazy cat dad
Bells
What's something you've thought would be a great addition/expansion/alternative type of exhibit for the museum? I know in WW and CF there was the observatory, and that would be a great thing to bring back, especially considering the star fragments from meteor showers.

I think something cool would be a mineral or gemology exhibit. Those would be logical expansions of either the fossil or art wings, depending on what would be on display. A fossil wing expansion could have various mineral types dug up like the crystal ores from NL, petrified wood, maybe citrine or topaz. An art expansion could see Redd selling famous gems like The Star of India or the Hope Diamond.

What's your wishful thinking?

I do miss the gems from ACNL.

Anyhow, I think the room opposite the Roost should be the custom exhibit like in New Leaf and feature a 10x10 room that the island representative can decorate in any way they wish. Outside the door is a posterboard where the island rep character can use a pattern to advertise that custom exhibit.

I've always wanted an architecture exhibit, I think it's an oft-overlooked art form ... It could be like the fossil exhibit but the floor is a world map with pieces displayed relating to where they are in the world ... Buildings like the Chrysler Building, Taj Mahal, Sydney Opera House, Fallingwater ... Ah, I miss Gulliver's world items :(

I've always wanted an architecture exhibit, I think it's an oft-overlooked art form ... It could be like the fossil exhibit but the floor is a world map with pieces displayed relating to where they are in the world ... Buildings like the Chrysler Building, Taj Mahal, Sydney Opera House, Fallingwater ... Ah, I miss Gulliver's world items :(
Over the years of helping Gulliver I have saved his items and you inspired me... I think I have to go and use that last Rental Museum room and shove some good wall paper, flooring, and all of my Gulliver items in there!

I always made a Balloon furniture exhibit and a gyroid exhibit in New Leaf! Also I did make a exhibit with LOTS of NPC photos! I have them from my amiibo cards so isabelle and tom nook and its so fun to go in there and read the stuff on the "back of the photograph in small letters."

Last edited:
I really wished they had added the option to have our own exhibits like in new leaf. I remember I had a teddy bear room, and a doll room. The mineral types for rocks is also a great idea. While designing Rodeo’s room, I had originally made his room a sort of mineral exhibit. I have since changed it, but it didn’t look bad at all.

i think that the observatory would be a lovely addition (maybe it could include something that u can interact with to get meteor shower schedules for that week/month), and— as i've said in another thread— a botany exhibit for things like the glowing moss, hanging vines & hybrid flowers !!

I would really love to see the observatory back, as I really like Celeste and it’s just nice to see her in her element you know? Like maybe you could unlock her after talking to her during meteor showers so many times. After you’ve unlocked her observatory, she’ll still leave and wander outside during meteor showers to give DIYs and star fragments, I think it would add a lot to her character! Similarly I’ve always wanted to see a gyroid exhibit adjacent to the café. It would be extra fun if you could donate the gyroids to brewster instead of to blathers, and that you could see the normally so quiet stoic bird tell you something about each gyroid. Because it’s an exhibit with planned placing nintendo could have them ALL on at once doing a specific routine/show. Perhaps the player could customise a KK song? A little tribute to how KK used to perform in the café?

Custom exhibits are really fun I agree, but personally I like planned collections a bit more because they’re more impressive, and I also like seeing NPCs’ characters expanded on

I miss the observatory and I wish that was added in to NH. Like on nights where there are meteor showers Celeste can still be out watching and giving diys but then all the other nights it would be cute if she had her own space in there.

I also kinda miss the other rooms from NL, I never used them as exhibits, just extra storage for things. Like seasonal things - I had a winter room and a fall room. That would be nice to bring back for seasonal decor storage.

I also wish they had a gift shop! The greatest part of any museum irl is the gift shop! You could buy maybe some bug and fish models, unlock the golden shovel and buy them there, certain museum inspired outfits and clothes.

Back