• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

ACNH Pet Peeves and Petty Complaints Thread

Might step on some toes saying that, but the majority who were gatekeeping it this way were new to the series.

I wouldn't have such an issue with some of the setbacks I am dealing with if they weren't possible in the previous games. Not only are you forced to expand the home fully to customize it's exterior, but the amount of options are cut way back from NL. I remember off the top of my head, mermaid, toy, fantasy, astro, sweet, and shanty (derelict-like) off the top of my head.

The rooms are all different set sizes whereas the other games let you expand them up to 3 times each and you choose which one of them you wanted first. You weren't stuck doing the main all the way and then doing whichever room it is that Nook wants you to do after. You want the main and a basement, great!

It really does suck to go from what we had to less content. Yes, we did get a lot of QoL updates and I am all for those, but NL is 10 years old this year, so it honestly makes sense that they'd do better with the next version as far as QoL goes. But it's not even like they fixed all QoL, made some worst, and added more. Now that all tools break we don't even get an indicator. Yet, the ax had one in the previous games.
Ah yes, that's true, which makes it even more funny. You can't just come new into a series and tell everyone in the 'fandom' how to play the game lol.

It really sucks how they didn't include all the fruits and flowers from NL. I don't get why they didn't just use that as a base and then improve upon it. It almost feels like they started from scratch. Looking at NL, it's hard to go back as far as decorating goes since placing items outside was such a terrible hassle in that game but there's loads of items I miss from it. They've given us a good number of items to decorate with but it would be even better if they included all of the old sets. Those scream Animal Crossing to me.

I agree on the house upgrades. When I found out that we can't expand the size of the rooms I was like ????? Why? Super lazy. Same goes with the store upgrades. Literally feels like "here! The store is done! Now we can release the game!" If only they'd have spent another year on the game before releasing it.

I wish the game would reward you with something of similar value when giving villagers expensive gifts. While I'm not really bothered by it, it can sometimes feel frustrating when you give an expensive party dress and then you only get a garbage can in return.

I know this can be exploited with gift-wrapped fruit stacks, but it's a great way to obtain more rare furniture.

Nook's Cranny and the Able Sisters - When you run out of bells, why can't they just wire the payment through from the ABD, or let us open an account? I mean Tom Nook gives us loans to build our houses, so why not Timmy, Tommy and the Ables?

Also, in Nook's Cranny why can't we have the option to send our items to storage? In the the Able Sisters, I would like the option to keep items in our pockets without having to change in and out of them. But most of all, please, please, please let us buy multiple items at a time!

Ah yes, that's true, which makes it even more funny. You can't just come new into a series and tell everyone in the 'fandom' how to play the game lol.

It really sucks how they didn't include all the fruits and flowers from NL. I don't get why they didn't just use that as a base and then improve upon it. It almost feels like they started from scratch. Looking at NL, it's hard to go back as far as decorating goes since placing items outside was such a terrible hassle in that game but there's loads of items I miss from it. They've given us a good number of items to decorate with but it would be even better if they included all of the old sets. Those scream Animal Crossing to me.

I agree on the house upgrades. When I found out that we can't expand the size of the rooms I was like ????? Why? Super lazy. Same goes with the store upgrades. Literally feels like "here! The store is done! Now we can release the game!" If only they'd have spent another year on the game before releasing it.
My main issue with the furniture in acnh is that a large portion of it is not indoor furniture. In new leaf we had so many items for indoor decorating. I had my entire indoor storage (the one you unlock from nook) full with welcome amiibo furniture. In acnh I really had to try hard not to repeat items in my house because there just isn’t much to choose from. Lots of wallpapers, floors, certain colors, etc match absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
Lots of wallpapers, floors, certain colors, etc match absolutely nothing.
This is my main problem with decorating inside. I can not find wallpaper that looks good. I like to recolor the furniture but I can’t find wallpaper to match. It’s too bad we can’t customize wallpaper. I tried patterns but don’t like how they look.

There are many points i would love to make but i will keep it light 😂, i hope i am not the only one who gets a sense of TOC when entering the Nooks C. And everyday seen that upstair door with the security string over and since they had announced that acnh is already done 😔 … i feel like they had planned something for it but then never finished it

This is my main problem with decorating inside. I can not find wallpaper that looks good. I like to recolor the furniture but I can’t find wallpaper to match. It’s too bad we can’t customize wallpaper. I tried patterns but don’t like how they look.
lol who would've guessed that having furniture themes that came with matching wallpaper and flooring was actually a great idea?? I haven't the slightest clue why they would end up largely abandoning this idea in NH.

lol who would've guessed that having furniture themes that came with matching wallpaper and flooring was actually a great idea?? I haven't the slightest clue why they would end up largely abandoning this idea in NH.
I remember when I first started the game it took me months to actually find furniture that looked half-way decent for my main room. Meanwhile there was plenty of furniture outside and we had to deck out the first 3 villagers rooms (before I even could bother with mine) during the tutorial.

They thought both were good ideas.

I remember when I first started the game it took me months to actually find furniture that looked half-way decent for my main room. Meanwhile there was plenty of furniture outside and we had to deck out the first 3 villagers rooms (before I even could bother with mine) during the tutorial.

They thought both were good ideas.
If it weren't for kind people on here having cataloging islands, I'd still be stuck having no furniture. Having Timmy and Tommy's shop only have a couple of spots per day, without upgrades was a bad move imo. It made decorating a chore. But then after you get access to all the items in the game, you can only order 5 per day... AFNJNFSNAFNASJNF

ive been wanting to expand my hockey uniform in game BUT apparently theres no other hockey uniform Anything in this game! no skates, shoes, helmet/mask/eye-wear or stick! whats up with that? @_@
tennis too
bowling

i mean...they even have an entire cycling outfit, and baseball, basketball, football, soccer...am i missing some clothing that isnt listed online for the matching items? theres a lot more than what ive stated here for missing bits lol

Personal petty here. It irks me that it took me 2 yrs to figure out if I hit "B" while trying to wake Gulliver (who I used to avoid) his loooooooong story goes faster so I can get to the task and forget he was there. Now B is my favorite when stuck in a long/endless interaction.

I want to swap out some villagers with amiibo but the thought of having to do it three times per villager makes me not want to. I still don't understand why they made that a rule. We paid rlc for these cards, why are we being punished?

It also sucks when you scan them in, only for them to ask for something you don't have the materials for, meaning you have to TT another day foward and scan them in again. So painful.

I want to swap out some villagers with amiibo but the thought of having to do it three times per villager makes me not want to. I still don't understand why they made that a rule. We paid rlc for these cards, why are we being punished?

It also sucks when you scan them in, only for them to ask for something you don't have the materials for, meaning you have to TT another day foward and scan them in again. So painful.
No one can convince me that features like this weren't done to artificially pad the game's time.

They could've even made it have rng involved where each time the camper has a higher chance of being convinced to move in. Like 25%, 50%, and then the last time is 100%. That'd still be better than what we have right now.

I'm still floored at the fact that previous games indicated the status of the ax, but when all our tools break they don't even bother with a gauge at all. This fact highlights how poorly a lot of things were implemented.

No one can convince me that features like this weren't done to artificially pad the game's time.

They could've even made it have rng involved where each time the camper has a higher chance of being convinced to move in. Like 25%, 50%, and then the last time is 100%. That'd still be better than what we have right now.

I'm still floored at the fact that previous games indicated the status of the ax, but when all our tools break they don't even bother with a gauge at all. This fact highlights how poorly a lot of things were implemented.
Oh for sure, there's no way that whoever decided things like this is that outdated in today's standards. It just blows my mind that even after your customers pay real money, you still punish them.

Breaking tools is absolutely atrocious. Why did we go backwards?

- Trying to clear my island to prepeare terraforming, why is it so tedious to move island homes? I"m trying not to TT because I think I might have a good turnip price this week, but the fact I have to move everything one day at a time is soooooo bad.

-I wish Labelle just worked with her sisters again in her own section of the store. I like her, and I don't understand why the developers made such of a big deal of the "able sisters splitup" plotline in CF, reunited them in NL with all of them a happy family....only to then have Labelle take off again. Labelle seemed happy to be with her sisters again, why would she takeoff and try to pursue the desginer life once more if she disliked it with Gracie?

-Speaking of, Gracie should've reprised her role instead of Labelle taking it. And bring back all her special furniture sets and clothes as a reward. Even as DIYs if you want. Labelle's clothes are okay, but thats hopping you get the color you want AND you like her style of clothes. (Its almost entirely women's wear)

-I miss the post office and the pelican sisters and Pete. I miss talking to Pete at 5 p.m. (Or shooting him down with a slingshot >:3c) I would write letters to villagers all the time in older games but in NH I don't think I have a single time. (It doesn't increase relationship values and its tedious as all get out to write one). The post office would really fit with the small town vibe I'm trying to emulate.

-Honestly just wish there were more shops. Only having two leaves me having to make extra characters to use their houses t make faux store setups, or use villagers and their homes as stand-ins. Plus means less loading screens with having to travel all the way to Harv's island.

I also had to invite Bones four times because I didn’t have the materials for his request. The materials needed were also impossible to obtain in one day. I wanted a different request, so I just advanced the day.

Back