AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Yup, it is pretty cheap, but I guess it has to be with all the new stuff to buy.

Oh, and people are beginning to use the in-game camera to take pictures, so they will be clearer now, just who's got the time to put down the game and take out the SD card to upload pictures right now? xD

Somehow I thought the new information would be flowing more than it is. :(

I guess that's a good thing really, I'll get nothing done if an animal crossing news storm occurs.

It doesn't officially release until tomorrow, only a few people that are Japanese got it early and it is only 5 am in Japan so yeah....

Plus, most people are so caught up in the game they probably aren't focused on getting screenshots and updating. Once more people get the game, this thread is going to be packed.

And then, more details suddenly rised, after some people got the game before its launch date. Since I'm too lazy rewriting that, I might as well copy and paste what I wrote on AXA Forums about that.

TheBigJC7777777 said:
[...]

Sumwheat from ACC said:
+You will be able to check out the village map before you arrive
(They will show you about 3 other maps that you can choose from if you don't like the first)
+Besides your village's local fruit, you can get 3 different fruits from Shizue
+Will start with 5 villagers
+Can save up to 10 designs
+Symbol tree will always be set in the village plaza (white area on the map)
+You can buy 1 fortune cookie a day
+The down payment to get your house built is 10,000 bells

Also, a face guide is up (at least, for the boys). [...]

I'm guessing "symbol tree" just means the tree you plant at the start of the game?

The "symbol" part threw me a little bit.

I never assumed that tree wouldn't always be in the town center....

Uh okay.....

Obviously a bee sting, but that deer is fishing, I know there are fishing tourneys but that can't be it?

Yay. :D
I was hoping that villagers would be able to fish! It was weird to see them wandering around town with a fishing rod, but never try to catch any fish. I hope this means we will see them catching bugs as well.

The trees with the sky in the background look great as well. It creates a great atmosphere.

Much better than the old sky in WW (only AC game I have played so far. ^^; )

Yay. :D
I was hoping that villagers would be able to fish! It was weird to see them wandering around town with a fishing rod, but never try to catch any fish. I hope this means we will see them catching bugs as well.

The trees with the sky in the background look great as well. It creates a great atmosphere.

Much better than the old sky in WW (only AC game I have played so far. ^^; )

Actually, I don't think they'll catch anything, jsut having a fishing pole and have it cast in the lake but with no bobber, I wouldn't want them stealing my fish/bugs anyway.

Why would the layout of the ground suddenly change with the season? That doesn't make much sense.

I think he may have meant that the colour of the ground on the map will change through the seasons. So that the town map will have white ground during winter instead of the usual green we have seen.

I'm not sure if this will be in the game though, most screenshots we have seen have been Autumn ones, so you would expect the ground in the maps to be green. I'll admit it'll be a bit jarring having a green map during winter.

I think he may have meant that the colour of the ground on the map will change through the seasons. So that the town map will have white ground during winter instead of the usual green we have seen.

I'm not sure if this will be in the game though, most screenshots we have seen have been Autumn ones, so you would expect the ground in the maps to be green. I'll admit it'll be a bit jarring having a green map during winter.

Yes that's what I meant, just a little thing to spruce things up, I know it's not added in AC:NL though sadly.

Actually, I don't think they'll catch anything, jsut having a fishing pole and have it cast in the lake but with no bobber, I wouldn't want them stealing my fish/bugs anyway.
You're probably right.
It's still a nice little feature and I'm glad it was implemented.

Back