• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

AC:NL Fall Update: What we Know

I hope the Amiibo exclusive items are reorderable! The completionist collector in me is jumping up and down, happy for a bigger catalog but not happy for the idea of having to go out and buy more Amiibo.

I hope the Amiibo exclusive items are reorderable! The completionist collector in me is jumping up and down, happy for a bigger catalog but not happy for the idea of having to go out and buy more Amiibo.

saaame

also does anybody have sources to the information about the update?? just wondering

LOL this is nice and all, but I'm sure they'll still move in the worst places ever. LOL

This gives me an excuse to buy animal crossing happy home designer. D: Why do you keep taking my money nintendo..

Fact. I bought maybe ten packs of the series 1 cards and stopped. I don't play HHD much and I wasn't concerned with collecting them all. This ain't Pok?mon, lol.

But congratulations, Nintendo, for finding my weak spot. I still won't be buying the actual card packs, but I will be getting all of my current villagers card so I can finally reset and get a good map!

And using the Amiibo figures to get new items? I will officially be going into debt over this.

ok but if i still cant choose villager plots I really can't help but be disappointed

Fact. I bought maybe ten packs of the series 1 cards and stopped. I don't play HHD much and I wasn't concerned with collecting them all. This ain't Pok?mon, lol.

But congratulations, Nintendo, for finding my weak spot. I still won't be buying the actual card packs, but I will be getting all of my current villagers card so I can finally reset and get a good map!

And using the Amiibo figures to get new items? I will officially be going into debt over this.

Buying your current villagers cards and then restarting is actually an amazing idea! How haven't I thought of that before?

i really really hope they dont just make nintendo themed items, kinda hoping they will add new clothes and furniture tbh. and of course update some things (like making pwps easier to obtain hhhhhhhhhh)

I'm really excited for this! One of my favorite villagers moved out around a year ago and I've never been able to find him anywhere to get him back. I do have the cards for allll my favorite villagers, so I'm set!

Hoping the Squid Sisters only move in on HHD, but you get the Splatoon stuff in both versions, since I reeeeally want them, but I don't wanna get rid of a dreamie. Also, does anyone know if the 16-cycle rule applies, cuz I'm still not getting these cards unless they do

ALSO IF I SCAN A LUCAS AMIIBO AND GET HIS CLOTHES/HAIR/ETC, I WILL JUST DIE

I am so excited about this!! I had just seen a different HHD trailer by accident (was trying to see amiibo festival trailer on wii u but it was misfiled and played HHD) and completely changed my mind about that game only the day before the AC:NL update news broke. So the timing was perfect for me!

I wasn't able to start shopping properly til yesterday but in the space of 3.5 hours I went from having no amiibos to having all 17 AC ones (plus Olimar from pikmin as found him for $4!), HHD bundle with NFC reader, Amiibo Festival bundle, series 1-3 card albums and 10 x packs of cards from each series. Over 4/5ths were half price or better (I had done my homework and I'm ace at finding or negotiating the best deals!), and I was happy to pay full price for the rest I couldn't find cheaper.

All I have left to buy is the HHD New 3DS XL (to match my AC 3DS XL) as this was out of stock in physical stores so I have to order it; the remaining cards from series 1-3; and the album + cards from series 4. I'm not too fussed about finding any particular cards in a hurry, and luckily have access to a lot of stores across Melbourne so no need to rush and complete my albums ASAP as there's plenty of stock to be found still.

I had avoided the amiboo and cards stuff as hadn't cared for the HHD game (despite being keen initially, the instore game trailers and info available was not my cup of tea, at all, I was so disappointed). Now that I can justify getting the game, I'm happy to get everything!

:D

Last edited:
Back