• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

AC is good for mental health

Yes and no. Too much of anything is always bad for you.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It has helped me but some people just don't understand what mental illness feels like and throw away the fact that you're a "normal" person.

Do you mean it's helpful in moderate doses? Sometimes you can't beat a good ole ACNL binge though lol!

Do you mean it's helpful in moderate doses? Sometimes you can't beat a good ole ACNL binge though lol!
If acnl starts to consume your life and it's all you do, it's obviously not good for you c:

gotta agree with what others have said about moderation - that's always the key, but i'm glad it has helped some people: op included! ^^

This is a major reason of why I play. It's also a game that is easy to stop and put down when other obligations call. I also really adore the in game clock feature, as it helps me keep on task with chores like switching loads of laundry or dishes without having to set a harsh timer.

I am suffering from chronic boredom today. Maybe I should log in and see what's up.

EDIT: Logged in only to find Lolly moved out. The only thing keeping me from resetting is that Punchy and Lolly's photos look nice together.

Last edited:
I suffer from both anxiety and depression and I find it does help. Some days I wake up and can't find the motivation to do anything worthwhile, but visiting my town and performing my daily chores seems to put me in a better mindset to get on with my day, certainly. However during my early teens, I became slightly obsessed with Wild World, and used it as a distraction to avoid facing personal issues, and I would say it was bordering on unhealthy. So I see both sides to it.

I agree and disagree with the post. I wouldn't say playing animal crossing helps manage ill mental health... or else it'd be prescribed.. but it really is calming and does have some benefit. For instance when I've not been able to sleep/or woke up and couldn't sleep thanks to horrible thoughts it is nice to switch on animal crossing and (for me) do a bit of fishing, or go to the island. the music is so calming too.

Back