About the name of our island/town

Millet23

Bells
Hi! I'm thinking of some names for my island and I wonder: Will the character limit increase? It would be great! I don't know if anything about this has been confirmed... :confused:

nothing official has been said about the character limit so far but maybe it’ll be brought up during the direct tomorrow :3

I'm really hoping they increase the limit...I'm sick of reusing the same names, and I really wanna name my island Daguerreo.

Let's hope they allow more special characters so we can make our island names more unique =+。:.゚٩(๑>◡︎<๑)۶:.。+゚

It would be stupid of them not to increase it after all these years.

It would be nice to have the option, finally, for a two word island town.

Last edited:
It's about a 50/50 now. Maybe they'll mention it tomorrow.

I think someone on Tumblr figured out that we will get an increase because the e3 town was called treehouse and that's longer than 8 characters. I'm on mobile so I can't find the post right now but maybe I can post it later.

I sure hope so! It would be really cool, plus I want to name my island something that has 10 letters, but I could work with 9.

big isle

there you go. 2 words in 8 characters

Anyone could throw a couple of short words together. I'm (obviously) talking about a lengthier, decent name, like Shark Cove.

It was only an example.
My island is one word with nine letters.

Back