White Hyacinth
Dragonscale Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
Nightmare Easter Egg
Sweet Feather
Galaxy Easter Egg
Feedback
100% (643) +
Hey guys, please remember that the games from cn for coins AND the elite gifts really are NOT free. Those platinum gifts required 600 coins to be reached first and 300 for gold. That pretty much means the person that earned those coins has paid anywhere from $250-600 to reach this status. I personally have spent WAY more as I have 4 kids and some of them have duplicate titles. (Not on the family membership like a dumb butt). I have seen lots of titles go for big TBT $$$ just like I've seen collectibles go for big $$$. Just thought I'd remind everyone to think about that.

I don't really understand...

what I believe they're saying is that people have been all like "I'm not paying THAT much for a game since it's free now" when it actually isn't and to get one, would take MORE money and time than to buy the code online, and so people shouldn't judge prices just because the game is on CN.

what I believe they're saying is that people have been all like "I'm not paying THAT much for a game since it's free now" when it actually isn't and to get one, would take MORE money and time than to buy the code online, and so people shouldn't judge prices just because the game is on CN.

The problem here is that hardly anyone here paid a dime to reach their gold/platinum status. Only TBT. If you go back in the forum a few pages, pretty much all you see if people buying/selling PINs for TBT, especially in the last few months after the announcement for shutting Club Nintendo down was made.

Last edited:

The problem here is that hardly anyone here paid a dime to reach their gold/platinum status. Only TBT. If you go back in the forum a few pages, pretty much all you see if people buying/selling PINs for TBT, especially in the last few months after the announcement for shutting Club Nintendo down was made.

I know. but some is what dacosim is saying, SOME actually got the status on their own.

Hey guys, please remember that the games from cn for coins AND the elite gifts really are NOT free. Those platinum gifts required 600 coins to be reached first and 300 for gold. That pretty much means the person that earned those coins has paid anywhere from $250-600 to reach this status. I personally have spent WAY more as I have 4 kids and some of them have duplicate titles. (Not on the family membership like a dumb butt). I have seen lots of titles go for big TBT $$$ just like I've seen collectibles go for big $$$. Just thought I'd remind everyone to think about that.

But you didn't buy those games just to get the Pins, you bought them to play said game, and the Pins were merely a free gift that came with the game, hence the fact that people are saying the games are "free" now.

But you didn't buy those games just to get the Pins, you bought them to play said game, and the Pins were merely a free gift that came with the game, hence the fact that people are saying the games are "free" now.

yep. it's like buying cereal with a free "token" inside where if you get like 10 or something you can exchange it for a movie. Most of the time, you buy the cereal, and the token is a bonus. But y'know, it does take them $30-70 (or so, with 3ds-to-wii U)to pay for the games to get it. so it might be free, but there's a "cost" in a sense

Last edited:
If people would just learn how to keep their crappy comments to themselves and quit butting in when it doesn't apply to them directly, this would not even be an issue...js !

Last edited:

That is true. I have over 40 wii games, and even more ds ones....
But my dumb butt decided to throw most of the codes away because I didn't know what it was for...
And the people who sold them for tbt had to pay money for the game as well.

If people would just learn how to keep their crappy comments to themselves and quit butting in when it doesn't apply to them directly, this would not even be an issue...js !

So they are "crappy" because you disagree with their opinion? Ok.

Also, it directly applies to everyone who uses the TBT system here, since this thread is discussing pricing of a high-demand commodity that is being traded here.

So they are "crappy" because you disagree with their opinion? Ok.

Also, it directly applies to everyone who uses the TBT system here, since this thread is discussing pricing of a high-demand commodity that is being traded here.

No...the problem is not opinion-based. The problem is people who constantly interject their opinion and rude comments in threads they are not making a trade in...basically to just stir the pot! I happen to know the original creator of this thread and what she means by her comments. My addition is to agree with her.

When I first joined TBT, generally everyone was friendly. However, in the past 2 months, rude, snide, crappy interjections can be found in every section of the forum....making this a hostile environment at times.

If you do not like the price people are charging, DON'T buy it! Period. But you also do not need to comment on the thread to express the fact that you disagree with the selling price. Just stay out of the thread.

If you go into a store and decide the price of a sweater you want is to high, do these same people stand at the door and warn everyone who walks in about the "fairness" of the selling price of that sweater?! No! They would eventually be arrested.

Why do people think they can hide behind the anonymity of an online post and get away with being rude?!

I just don't get it!

Last edited:
No...the problem is not opinion-based. The problem is people who constantly interject their opinion and rude comments in threads they are not making a trade in...basically to just stir the pot! I happen to know the original creator of this thread and what she means by her comments. My addition is to agree with her.

When I first joined TBT, generally everyone was friendly. However, in the past 2 months, rude, snide, crappy interjections can be found in every section of the forum....making this a hostile environment at times.

If you do not like the price people are charging, DON'T buy it! Period. But you also do not need to comment on the thread to express the fact that you disagree with the selling price. Just stay out of the thread.

If you go into a store and decide the price of a sweater you want is to high, do these same people stand at the door and warn everyone who walks in about the "fairness" of the selling price of that sweater?! No! They would eventually be arrested.

Why do people think they can hide behind the anonymity of an online post and get away with being rude?!

I just don't get it!

Ah, ok I get what you're saying. My apologies for jumping the gun.
I agree that stuff like that happens a lot, but since we get awarded TBT for any post at all, everyone is encouraged to post, no matter how good/bad the post is. And yes, this forum can be very hostile. I have seen it since Day 1, before I even started posting actively.

The reason I posted this was because I've seen a bunch of people telling others on their threads, that they'll never get "x" amount of TBT for their "free" game. I'm just stating, that those free games, while yes, are a bonus for buying nintendo games, we still had to buy them (or someone did) to get that code. I had some extras that I sold for TBT on here. We have a zillion copies of acnl due to 4 kids all having copies. Granted, I personally don't think I "over charged" for them. I auctioned 1 and took offers or set prices on the rest. None went for over 200 TBT, and I was fine with that! But that is just me. I've seen collectibles and other games go for thousands of TBT and I'm not surprised. Some things are "hot" items. Far be it for me to gripe about how anyone prices what they think it is worth. I just don't like the fact that so many go onto someone else's thread to gripe. If they have an issue, pm that person.
This is why I did not post this on anyone's thread. I didn't want to clutter it with my opinion because I disagree with the way other people were acting.

Exactly!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ah, ok I get what you're saying. My apologies for jumping the gun.
I agree that stuff like that happens a lot, but since we get awarded TBT for any post at all, everyone is encouraged to post, no matter how good/bad the post is. And yes, this forum can be very hostile. I have seen it since Day 1, before I even started posting actively.

Thank you for clarifying and listening (reading...) my clarification. Sincerely.

Asking 20k tbt for an game that you're getting for free is a bit much
(Yeah, for free. Cause the coins you probably redeemed for other games last month)

(Yeah, for free. Cause the coins you probably redeemed for other games last month)

But really...do you PAY fot TBT?

You don't get coins free...

Ya know, I did buy a couple of codes a month or 2 ago. I had no problem buying them for a few hundred TBT since the multiple acnl codes that I bought, I couldn't use (my oldest has his own account but I still had 4 extras). The majority of the codes I redeemed were from games my kids and I got for Christmas and birthdays. 20k for a game may seem high to you, but there are tons of people on TBT that have been here a very long time, that have saved up thousands of TBT. Some, possibly, just for the purpose of getting one of these games. I personally do not plan to sell my platinum reward. We spend a ton of money on nintendo stuff and to me, our reward was well earned. Same goes with the coins we have. Buuuut, there could very well be tbt'ers that has all the titles that they wanted from the ones made available, and maybe they'd rather try to get some great art, or a fabulous collectible that they may not have been able to get. I don't know their reasons. But I do know, it's their prerogative to sell their elite game or game from coins for whatever they deem worthy. If no one wants to pay that price, then they don't hAve to buy it. They can save up their real money and go get it themselves.

That's a tricky question , do you pay for TBT? Some people do, TBT doesn't come out of nowhere , you either trade for it or buy it , unless someone gifts it to you. TBT has the value that WE give to it.

That's a tricky question , do you pay for TBT? Some people do, TBT doesn't come out of nowhere , you either trade for it or buy it , unless someone gifts it to you. TBT has the value that WE give to it.

I have occasionally traded things for TBT. I've also won TBT. Mainly I just let it collect the regular way though. I've sold a couple of villagers for TBT as well. I've never had more than 1500 TBT at one time though. Agreed that TBT has the value we give it.

Thanks for making this post. I feel like this all needed to be said. I personally worked very hard to get my Platinum status through the games I bought and the time I put in selling ACNL items to buy a few codes here. If the games were actually "free" then everybody would have them, so I don't agree with that argument, but whether you feel they are free or not no one is forcing anybody to pay the price the sellers are asking. If Gamestop puts a price on an item you don't like then you don't buy it, you don't yell at the person working there. I feel like it's the same case here. If you would like the game but can't afford it you can always try offering what you can afford, but attacking the person selling it does nothing but hurt the community. We're all friends here.

Back