• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Abortion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. You said you would revoke the rights someone has over their body if you could. I would still think that's wrong, even if I were against abortion.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's been said already on this thread, but a child is not a punishment for having sex.

Then people should be able to get abortions. So a child is not portrayed as one.

If I got pregnet and couldn't get an abortion. I would see it as a punishment

I mean don't even risk it if you don't have what it takes to take care of the biproduct of your actions.
Don't risk it? Sex will always be around. Plus not every pregnancy is due to the fact that both male and female decided to have sex because they want to. There are those who are forced to do sexual intercourse like wth lol

I completely disagree with the idea of abortion being your way out of the biproduct of your actions. The thought that people believe aborting a child is like their safety net from what entails them after the child is born.

No their value is equal. A person with a defect or disability is valued equally to a normal human on a moral standpoint and a "fetus" should be as well. I don't even care about the circumstances an unborn child should have the right to live.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I mean don't even risk it if you don't have what it takes to take care of the biproduct of your actions.

did you seriously just say that a person with a "defect" or disability is just as human as a "normal human" ? and that a fetus should be as well ? because suddenly people with disabilities are on the same level of a fetus? and we are not "normal humans"? lmao this is the most ableist **** ive read all day

?? they do have what it takes to take care of the biproduct tho? they get an abortion :^)

Rape is a tragedy and in those cases more thinking is needed and the specifics are what's important.

- - - Post Merge - - -

did you seriously just say that a person with a "defect" or disability is just as human as a "normal human" ? and that a fetus should be as well ? because suddenly people with disabilities are on the same level of a fetus? and we are not "normal humans"? lmao this is the most ableist **** ive read all day

?? they do have what it takes to take care of the biproduct tho? they get an abortion :^)
No all of them should be on the same level not disabled children degraded to a fetus like wth.

An unborn child should be entitlted to life, abortion strips it away. I believe at contraception the baby's potential starts unfolding.

you value the rights of an unborn thing that cannot survive without the suffering of another human over the rights of the pregnant person. lmao......................

you value the rights of an unborn thing that cannot survive without the suffering of another human over the rights of the pregnant person. lmao......................
No, the pregnant person does not die. The unborn child does that's what's different. If both or either would die based on decision then that changes things.

Rape is a tragedy and in those cases more thinking is needed and the specifics are what's important.

I cannot with this lol. More thinking and the specifics?? What is 'more thinking' going to do in the basis of a rape case where the mother doesn't want the rapist's foetus...the heck

Don't risk it? Sex will always be around. Plus not every pregnancy is due to the fact that both male and female decided to have sex because they want to. There are those who are forced to do sexual intercourse like wth lol
Yes well abortion shouldn't. There is a definite bioproduct and abortion shouldn't be your safety net.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I cannot with this lol. More thinking and the specifics?? What is 'more thinking' going to do in the basis of a rape case where the mother doesn't want the rapist's foetus...the heck
If the "Fetus"is not alive your statement makes complete and utter sense and what I said is ludicracy but if it is alive or at the stance of where I believe it does,the specifics matter.

No, the pregnant person does not die. The unborn child does that's what's different. If both or either would die based on decision then that changes things.

the fetus doesnt die because it isn't alive but yeah whatever

and the pregnant person might go through trauma, suffering, financial issues, etc etc etc that ruins their life. :^)
they can stop it, so they do. great !!

and pls what do you have to say about my point earlier when i said that this is the same as that ppl can't be forced to donate bone marrow or something :^)

An unborn child should be entitlted to life, abortion strips it away. I believe at contraception the baby's potential starts unfolding.

Yes that's your belief, cool. What i'm saying is that it's wrong to take away the rights someone has over their body just because you don't agree with it, as you said before that if you could you would make it harder for people to have abortions, that's wrong and not just an opinion, you want to make people's life harder and take away rights they have.

Then people should be able to get abortions. So a child is not portrayed as one.

If I got pregnet and couldn't get an abortion. I would see it as a punishment

I know, I'm pro choice. What I was saying is that if you force people to go through pregnancy and keep a child the don't want, that's making children a punishment for sex, and they are not and should not be seen that way.

The pregnant person does not die with abortion yes, but if you got your way and "made it harder" for people to get abortions, that's when pregnant people would start dying as they'd do it illegally and dangerously. That's one of the reasons why making it harder for people to get abortions is definitely not a good idea.

well ok so here's the thing

no one is ever legally required to give blood or donate organs, mone marrow or w/e to their dying relative or whowver needs it. even if it would save their life. even if it would be very little effort and no pain for the donating person. it is their choice if they want to donate. the same way that it is a pregnant person's choice if they want to keep supporting a fetus in their uterus.
even if that thing is alive, it still needs the pregnant person's body's support in order to live. and if the pregnant person does not want to offer that support they should not be legally required to.

so no it's not only about when you think life starts. it's about what rights you think women and trans people deserve.
Yes they are not required but do they, yes. Why? Since the life is more important. If my family member would refuse that would just be selfishness this is if the person needing it asks for it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

FleshyBro, you've repeated the same thing over and over again. Since it is in line with my belief if I was in the position to I would make it harder for abortions to be done or restrict it.

Yes they are not required but do they, yes. Why? Since the life is more important. If my family member would refuse that would just be selfishness this is if the person needing it asks for it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

FleshyBro, you've repeated the same thing over and over again. Since it is in line with my belief if I was in the position to I would make it harder for abortions to be done or restrict it.

ye obviously everyone can have their own opinion on whether it's morally right or wrong to not donate or to get an abortion. but the law can't decide if it's right or wrong, and that's the point. people who don't want to do somethign like that shouldn't have to. so they get their abortion and then they're happy yayyy everything's great

The pregnant person does not die with abortion yes, but if you got your way and "made it harder" for people to get abortions, that's when pregnant people would start dying as they'd do it illegally and dangerously. That's one of the reasons why making it harder for people to get abortions is definitely not a good idea.
Here's where my argument comes in, if abortion was illegal how drastically will the amount of abortions be decreased? Easily 99 percent. The people who would go to that great of a length is because of an outside pressure and people like this would be very few. Most women if they became pregnant aside of rape would not go through an abortion if it wasn't legal and if they did it would most likely be because of an outside pressure.That's why I said I'd restrict it. For circumstances of rape and other fine lines.
Between the two choices yes I would choose what I had said.

Last edited:
Yes well abortion shouldn't. There is a definite bioproduct and abortion shouldn't be your safety net.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If the "Fetus"is not alive your statement makes complete and utter sense and what I said is ludicracy but if it is alive or at the stance of where I believe it does,the specifics matter.
My statement does make complete and utter sense. But what can a foetus that is in a woman's womb do with what specifics matter and don't matter? It should be the mother's choice to abort if they want to and feel comfortable going to an abortion clinic. Without the woman, the foetus is nothing and not alive.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The life is important yes, as that's a living family member that you've bonded with and love, so the chances are most people would donate to their family member because they want to keep that family member alive, but they don't want to keep the fetus alive, so surely the should have the same choice there and not have to keep the fetus? I think the point is that you have a choice when it comes to donation, and you should have the same choice when it comes to abortion.

Yes I repeated the same thing a few times as you replied with something different and the point was relevant again. To think you can restrict someone's right's just because of your beliefs is messed up imo, but i'll leave that point there as i've said all already.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Here's where my argument comes in, if abortion was illegal how drastically will the amount of abortions be decreased? Easily 99 percent. The people who would go to that great of a length is because of an outside pressure and people like this would be very few. Most women if they became pregnant aside of rape would not go through an abortion if it wasn't legal and if they did it would most likely be because of an outside pressure.That's why I said I'd restrict it. For circumstances of rape and other fine lines.
Between the two choices yes I would choose what I had said.

ab.png

That was back in the 50's. There's much more people having casual sex now, so I'm sure if abortion were to be restricted that number would go up. I personalty don't see 5,000+ preventable deaths a year as "very few".

My statement does make complete and utter sense. But what can a foetus that is in a woman's womb do with what specifics matter and don't matter? It should be the mother's choice to abort if they want to and feel comfortable going to an abortion clinic. Without the woman, the foetus is nothing and not alive.

You are literally repeating what you said and I will repeat what I said. You believe the fetus is not alive in that case you are 100percent correct eradicate. But with when I believe it is alive specifics are important. You are completely dismissing that there is a possibility that the baby is alive.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This day science is unclear of when life begins but lets theorize that science has finally proven that "scientific life" began earlier than what abortion restrictions were set at then would the aborted children have been murder? Id like to know.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Fleshybro yes that was in the 50s if abortion was restricted casual sex would be much less and even if a baby was born I dont believe most people would go to lengths of having an abortion. If uou disagree please say so

Last edited:
Men should understand what happened AFTER a woman gives birth

It shortens her life span, weakens her body, some get permanent 'baby fat' that you have to get plastic surgery to get rid of. And not to mention you get stuck with a child you may have not even wanted in the first place. And that's just the tip of the iceberg

Animals are no way equivalent to us, humans are so much more precious and you aren't just removing a fetus from a womb. Even if you do argue that a fetus "removed" during abortion is not a human which I disagree with.(only at the stage when it's usually done in abortion) it's as close as you're going to get to a human and even possibly at the stage where it is no different to a human. You shouldn't even risk it. It's a irreplaceable and unique set of genetics and life in it's early stages. How can you compare to killing an animal and even if you do don't you eat meat right?There's nothing wrong in eating meat. Are you saying it's suddenly not the same thing since the person raising the animals for you to eat is this horrible being smh. Abortion should be a last resort not something to be tossed around and spoken in the same context of eating your "freshly" made hamburger, ugh.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Have you seen abortion pictures? You can see that especially in later stages that it's a living being not something you can just eradicate from your body. If even one baby is killed by mistake or not, through abortion when it could have lived I believe it's unacceptable. But heck it's not one baby we're talking about that have died undisputably by the process. I've actually talked with an assistant doctor who's witnessed abortion countless times. This isn't evidence or anything at all but how she talked of her job was just gut wrenching. The way she described it and the details of the actual act was disgusting, she felt that it was wrong too not that it even matters.

I don't get what's wrong with abortion
It's not even alive, whereas animals are.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Humans are animals, so yes, we are equivalent to animals, because we are animals. Can you explain what makes humans more precious than other animals, is it out ability to mass murder, destroy the world? because honestly humans are ruining the world, so what makes them so precious? You also realise animals have "a irreplaceable and unique set of genetics" too? that's not just reserved for the wonderful precious humans by the way.

Oh yeah, how can you compare taking a pill to remove some unwanted cells from your body (early stages) to hanging an animal upside down, slitting their throat, and leaving them like that until they're drained of blood, only then to go and chop up their body to eat! What a weird comparison right, obviously the first is the worst!

The fetus is not a human, only has the potential to be, I don't know how you can disagree with that. You actually can eradicate a fetus from your body, that's what abortion is. Yes later stage abortion is more of a complicated topic as the the procedure is more dangerous and doctors know that, that is why late stage abortions are not given out very often, and are often used when the mothers life is at risk. Most people that are pregnant and don't want to be will have had an abortion way before it gets to the "later stages" so imo that is a pretty irrelevant argument against abortion as it most definitely isn't the most common abortion method.

You know what else is gut wrenching and disgusting? when women had to go to people who carried out abortions in their homes, without anesthetic, often with serious complications, thousands of women died every year because of this, as they couldn't see a doctor for the complications because they would be put in prison since abortion was illegal. If they couldn't go to someone else (as that often cost thousands, back in the 60s and before) they would do it themselves, using coat-hangers/ any object they think would work. You know why? Because back then, the men in charge decided that they can police what women* do with their bodies, this resulted in thousands of deaths. So legal abortion is 100% a good thing, it stops things like this happening.

Yeah, I totally agree with this

- - - Post Merge - - -

Human beings literally defined what the word animal means. Even if you say that animals are humans, humans are the only ones that would categorize themselves to be.And counterpart humans are the only ones that can oppose to the idea of being an animal. We have far superior intelligence reasoning ration and emotions than animals. If you would categorize us in animals we would be Super-Animals. The fact that we can destroy the world like you said should entitle us to being seperate from animals, we're simply superior. I also didn't say that only humans have genes that's stupid. Taking a pill seriously? Not even gonna comment you're only saying that since you would rather state that one than the other. Humans have the right of killing and any other "animal" you speak of when it sustains us, or provides us with something we can use that's where the argument ends unlike abortion. Your 3rd argument I believe life starts at contraception and I'm not going to argue with you about that since we have completely different beliefs and it's not just religion. Legalizing abortion is not a bad thing, it is how there is no restriction there is it on it.

So the more intelligent you are, the important you are? Is that your point o_O

You are literally repeating what you said and I will repeat what I said. You believe the fetus is not alive in that case you are 100percent correct eradicate. But with when I believe it is alive specifics are important. You are completely dismissing that there is a possibility that the baby is alive.
It isn't even a baby. The fetus may be alive, but even if it were alive, the woman still should be able to abort without specifics being important. wth lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back