a post for people who are worried there won't be any new species or features coming

Sloom

sherb
Bells
Switch
2591-2333-2046
Island
Comatose
New Horizons Token
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
User Title Color Change
User Title Color Change
ive seen a lot of people worried about the fact that we havent been shown much when it comes to animal crossing new horizons. a lot of people are assuming that the nookphone and crafting are going to be the only new features based on what we've seen on the trailer. and some are saying that no new villagers or villager species are going to be coming out as no new ones have been shown yet.

but like, if we only got the features and villagers shown in the trailers and promotional art we've seen so far, we would have almost nothing of a game. we'd have:

24 villagers. none of which are new
3 fish. none of which are new
14 bugs
19 things to craft
no kk slider or kk slider songs
no shops
no museum
no post office
no custom pattern paths or clothes
no holidays or events
only one song (the theme song)
no bushes
no swimming, diving or deepsea creatures
no letters
no gyroids
no balloon boxes
no fortune telling
no dream suite
no way to expand your home to have more than one room
no able sisters, leif, blathers, copper, booker, harriet, redd, kapp'n, gulliver, pelly, phyllis etc etc etc

i could go on but i think you get the point. we've barely been shown anything yet, seemingly on purpose to keep us excited for the game. there's really no need to jump to conclusions until we know more or the game is out. I'm expecting there will probably be a nintendo direct in january or february, and/or a dedicated animal crossing direct in january, february or march that will show us a lot more detail. :cool::cool::lemon::cool::cool::cool::lemon:

on an unrelated note, if badges dont come to new horizons im going to riot

They've mostly just shown stuff from the beginning of the game, I'm sure they won't leave that much stuff out. They'll either put it in another direct or they'll let us figure it out ourselves. I don't think that they'll add any, or if so then many, new villagers. And I think that if they were going to add another species, they'd have shown us by now.

Last edited:
I agree with you! While I hope we get more new information revealed soon, I’m sure we’ll get plenty of new and exciting surprises when the game is actually released. This game has been in the works for a long time and we just need to trust the game developers and not stress out~

I've been doing some thinking and I believe they want to release small parts of ACNH in digestible pieces.
They've allowed us to grow accustomed to the new art style, new way of living by building from scratch, crafting and weather. I believe that in the next direct, they will show us more gameplay and maybe a first look at some new species if any have been added. I really think they added more species because they did _not_ implement any new personalities.
This means they focused on speech patterns of the existing villagers.
If they had added new personalities, I believe the speech for each one may have suffered but if a a small team has been working on speech for existing roles, I really don't see how that would be a problem at all since they have a team working on character models ect...
I don't think any DLC will be things that we need to complete tasks in the game and will only be in the form of special outfits, character Amiibos, maybe customisation for face, hair, body ect
We just have to play the waiting game now haha and it's driving absolutely craaazy!!!
Let's just wait and see and try not to worry too much! If we are concerned with something shown to us, we can always let them know how we feel and if enough of us feel the same way, they _will_ listen to us because they've been working so hard for us to enjoy this game, they wouldn't want us to be unhappy!
(๑˃͈꒵˂͈๑)

Last edited:
We've seen very little of the game, so I don't understand why people are freaking out so much or making a big deal out of the game. I'm sure they have added new species, but are just keeping it a secret for now until the new game comes out. This game might just be a lot bigger than we think and Nintendo is definitely a company that doesn't give out tons of information when it comes to big games. We will just have to wait and see what's in it. :)

Exactly. It’s way too early to make conclusions on anything aside from what the game developers themselves have already confirmed.

there will be plenty of new features and im excited as of now that they are keeping it a surprise, im sure when the game comes out everyone will be pleasantly surprised with the features. Also an unpopular opinion: i don't want a new animal species, we have enough villagers as is, and i would much rather they bring back old ones that got left behind on the gamecube rather then make new ones. the current ones have enough they can be improved on already :)

I was worried about having no PWP's or new trees, and bushes seem to be absent, but I'm thinking those things will possibly have to be crafted.

Also, not being mayor, or any form of government that we know of, we will lose ordinances.

Will it go back to basics with watering flowers again?

Those are just a few concerns.

I don't see them just removing prevoius features. We've seen very little of the acual game, and there hasn't even been a dedcated direct or really even a focused AC one. There's no need to get worked up over what hasn't been shown when we haven't seen that much in the first place. This game is going to be so hyped up by the beginning of March, Nintendo is probably going to just do a big dump of information.

Back