• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

A or B on the dialogue?

Ras

Bells
Winter Mittens
Do you press the A button or the B button when reading dialogue? I got in the habit of pushing B, which causes the dialogue to rush by a lot faster, but I've started migrating to A. It makes certain things a lot funnier, like when a jock says, "Ready . . . set . . . GO!" It's slow with the A button, but it just runs together with B. You can hear the voices pronouncing words more with A. But, I still use B for the shop sales dialogue, which I just don't have time to sit through.

I usually press L, which serves the same function as the B button. I don't know why, I think I just realized the L button speeds up text first.

I habitually press A, but I should really start going with B when I`m plot resetting haha (though I`ll probably screw up somehow by rushing myself)

I hold down B with my thumb and then move my thumb up to mash A whilst still holding down B

I tried using the 'B' Button less more,because my grass is wearing,and my B button is starting to become flat.

Last edited:
I use B and L, mostly because I read fast. It's sometimes quite nice to press A though so they're not rushing through all of the emotions that go with the text :eek:

I spam the heck out of B. I dont care if "daughter in larrrrr" sounds really funny when you press A. I'm a busy woman, AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT :y

I actually speed up the dialogue by tapping the lower corner of the lower screen with my thumb; I don't know, it just seems more straightforward. Also, that way I don't accidentally select any of the dialogue choices.

I keep clicking L to speed up the dialogue and then press A when the arrow shows up. I don't often use B because then I end up cancelling stuff or saying no.

B, usually accompanied by a mumbled "shutupshutupSHUTUP..."

I like my villagers and all, but 90% of what they say these days is stuff I've heard a hundred times already. Yes, Pete's making the rounds today, I did notice, no I will not catch you a mole cricket, yes I do know I designed that shirt you're wearing.

I've always used B in any video game since ocarina of time for n64 ^^''
I use A just when I'm worried to skip some important passage such as when villagers ping

Last edited:
B. I didn't even know A did that thing. But I use B so much that sometimes I answer wrong when villagers ask me stuff, urg

I use B, but every now and then I slow down and remind myself to use A button more and it's much more relaxing that way.

Back