• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

A New 3DS bundle coming in North America?

JCnator

Bells
Switch
4227-4179-8894
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
New Horizons Token
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Poptart Easter Egg
Winter Mittens
Cake
Wait, is that the special Animal Crossing themed New 3DS XL model that European and Japanese gamers are getting? Actually, it's slightly different than we would be expecting. Get a load of this:

CNxHbqAWEAEW3en.jpg:large

It's definitely Animal Crossing themed, but shouldn't be it bigger than that? Well, we are finally getting a New 3DS model for the first time ever in North America!

Source: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/638463787713044480

Last edited:
But wait. That's just one of the face plates.

When is this coming to NA? Is the question.

New 3DS (1).jpg

I'm so excited! I have been on the fence about getting this game or not and have been patiently waiting to see if Nintendo would ever release the new 3ds standard size.. I will definitely be getting this bundle!

Now I just wonder if we will get other any other faceplates here or not. :D

I saw the news on Nintendo so I rushed and checked GameStop.com. I then preordered the bundle �� I am so happy rn!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm so excited! I have been on the fence about getting this game or not and have been patiently waiting to see if Nintendo would ever release the new 3ds standard size.. I will definitely be getting this bundle!

Now I just wonder if we will get other any other faceplates here or not. :D

We're getting 2 faceplates

Just pre-ordered the bundle on GameStop! It's not the XL, but I definitely need a new console :D

So much for the new 3DS never coming to NA. As much as I love Animal Crossing and as much as I'm looking forward to HHD, I'm a bit salty over this. It'll be great for those that don't have a 3DS yet and are looking to enter the market, though.

CAPITALISM, HO

This is great news for those that have been wanting the N3DS. Congrats, guys! I'm extra-double-bummed that there's no companion 3DSXL announcement, but better that some are happy than none of us at all.

I was originally looking to buy the 3DS-XL bundle for this game (was waiting to see if it'd be released) but I think I'm happier with this! I wanted to get the switchplate one a lot more but didn't think it would ever be released in NA.

I am running out and preordering this tomorrow!

What a strange turn of events... don't think anyone saw that one coming. I love how they give us the system that none of us expect, and don't give us the one we expect.

Interesting. I had been waiting for an XL/LL US version of this (since the last time I heard, the US wasn't going to be getting the standard sized 3DS) and thought about getting the Japanese version (so that I could play Japanese market games) but...we shall see. This has tickled my bank account :D lol.

Oh, nice! Hopefully I can afford this by the time it's set to release, I just preordered the regular game... strange that we're not getting the XL bundle, but I did want the faceplate option.

I'm so happy and excited to see this~ I already pre-ordered mine. I don't need the XL (already have one), so the smaller one is nice. Also, I like the customizable faceplates. I'm gonna order all of the japanese faceplates for games that I really love. XD

Oh wow, the new 3ds is finally going to be released in NA. I'm much more interested getting this than the Hyrule Edition one. Still hoping that the Animal Crossing HHD-themed XL comes later on though.

I'm suuuper tempted to get this now haha. I have the new xl and i love it, but i still have my old ds which is a piece of junk. So I may stop into EB games tomorrow and see if i can cancel my pre-order for the game and get the bundle instead.

I'm so upset over this. I was really looking forward to the newXL bundle, the design is so lovely and kitsch and it was probably the only reason I would purchase a "new"DS. I'm not going to hold my breathe any longer for NA to release it. At least I had the foresight to switch my pre-order to the game/NFC reader bundle earlier this week.

Now to wait for the NA Amiibo packs to be up for pre-order...

I just pre ordered HHD 3ds bundle from Gamestop. I was hoping for the XL also but I don't want to miss out on getting my hands on one if the XL doesn't make it to NA. Still excite!

I find it to be a bit disappointing, all it is really is the faceplates, and they can't even include a charger with it. {which both versions of my american 3ds' came with one, and the European bundle from Nintendo comes with it as well.} It would have been a lot nicer if they released the European/Japanese bundle in American too. It could have at least included a collector album, or something other than just faceplates >.<

I find it to be a bit disappointing, all it is really is the faceplates, and they can't even include a charger with it. {which both versions of my american 3ds' came with one, and the European bundle from Nintendo comes with it as well.} It would have been a lot nicer if they released the European/Japanese bundle in American too. It could have at least included a collector album, or something other than just faceplates >.<

Omg wait what... why is the charger not included? I just noticed that after you pointed it out.

I was also really disappointed about hearing that the bundle is not going to be the xl version :/ Was considering getting it just because it looked awesome, but seeing as it's going to be just the regular sized 3DS makes it seem like a downgrade from the Animal Crossing 3DS XL that I currently have. Wasn't really looking forward to the game either (it seems repetitive), so I am probably going to pass on the system. Looking forward to collecting the amiibo cards though!

Omg wait what... why is the charger not included? I just noticed that after you pointed it out.

I was also really disappointed about hearing that the bundle is not going to be the xl version :/ Was considering getting it just because it looked awesome, but seeing as it's going to be just the regular sized 3DS makes it seem like a downgrade from the Animal Crossing 3DS XL that I currently have. Wasn't really looking forward to the game either (it seems repetitive), so I am probably going to pass on the system. Looking forward to collecting the amiibo cards though!

On the Nintendo store is says not included :/

I feel like NA fans really aren't getting as much, which is disappointing since I'm sure the fan base there is just as big as it is in Europe. Being someone who's lived in America and moved to England at first I was worried it would be Europe who wouldn't be getting the new xl, defiantly thought NA would've

Back