• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

A German survey unveils tidbits of new information for AC:NH

Personally I wouldn't read into it too much.

The way I see it, 'many' refers to all of the villagers that you'll encounter in one particular save. It's (quite) unlikely that you'll encounter every single villager visiting one island, so I feel in that context it makes sense.

While that may be possible, I just do not see that here unfortunately. I would think a chance at every villager would be possible that is in New Horizons as it is random or possibly Amiibo-related, so that the wording may be based on total villager counts. It is just hypothetical thoughts at this point really with the text given and how much information is out there. It could be a translation error for all I know!

For all that we know, they could just use most because a few (like 4-10) are not returning. As always the most likely candidates are the Sanrio characters, the 7-Eleven one, Bow and Meow, Chap, and the Nintendo crossover characters (Wolf Link, Cece, Medhli, Ganon, etc.) and some of the characters that have never returned from Animal Crossing (GCN), and Animal Forest e+. If any of these are not returning, Nintendo would not use synonyms of all.

Good point, I honestly had not even considered villagers that were cut from GameCube and beforehand! Nintendo definitely has them in mind seeing as some returned as RV Amiibo.

Last edited:
I'm so excited now for sure! This seems like this will be New Leaf, but with the fixes the game needed.

For all that we know, they could just use most because a few (like 4-10) are not returning. As always the most likely candidates are the Sanrio characters, the 7-Eleven one, Bow and Meow, Chap, and the Nintendo crossover characters (Wolf Link, Cece, Medhli, Ganon, etc.) and some of the characters that have never returned from Animal Crossing (GCN), and Animal Forest e+. If any of these are not returning, Nintendo would not use synonyms of all.

I think the Nintendo Crossovers (Wolf Link, Cece, Medhli, Ganon, etc.) are most likely to return of your list, though.

Back