• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

4 Years of New Leaf

Wow, it really doesn't feel like four years... I got the game the day it was released in America. I drove to Target to pick up a copy and played it right when I came home. I started my town that day and it's the same town I have today. Back then, we didn't have much knowledge about maps and such so I just went with intuition about what I wanted. If I could do it over again, I'd probably want to reset until I got a better town fruit. I'm not a fan of oranges; they seem to follow me everywhere I go! I've been through so much with this game. It was with me in the darkest period of my life and it really helped me. I remember trying to collect all the badges and trying to get 100% for the catalog. My town's been through more villagers than I can remember. This is the game I've spent the most time playing, by far. I can just pick it up, do a couple things for an hour or two and set it down. I love it so much that I would talk about it to my friends and several people bought the game because of me.

Five months and I'm ready to shove the stylus into my temple. o_O

How come you play since you seem to not really like anything about the game? I'm just curious because I can't help, but see you complain about a lot in the game..

Three years since I bought the game later on this month and I'm only on my second town.

My first was a complete failure, and also since I lost my copy of the game for the basic whole duration of 2016 it became flooded with weeds and wilted flowers. I found it earlier this year but I knew it would take a while to fix, and since I no longer liked my town layout I decided it was time to make my current town.

I got the game the day of release in Greece... As a matter of fact I cancelled my preorder because release was on a Saturday, and living in the rural town I did I wouldn't be getting the game until Monday or Tuesday the earliest. Instead, I opted to download it so I could get it as fast as possible.

My first town was Brighten which I quit two years in to start new in Mayvale and I haven't regreted it since. However, in early 2016 I got flooded with my thesis project which resulted in me withdrawing from the game and until maybe a couple weeks ago I never got back in terror that I'd have lost my favorite villagers... and yet, there they were, waiting for me.

This game has helped me through so much, and my villagers have been with me through some very dark times. I don't even know how to express my gratitude sometimes... Who knew a simple game such as this, one I picked up out of nostalgia (I had the original on the DS) would end up meaning so much to me...

Last edited:
I bought the game in 2015, so by that time it was old news! But I was new to the franchise and was looking fo a new game to try after I finished Luigi's Mansion.. It was Summer, so that time in the game feels very nostalgic to me now. This game has always been a great way for me to destress and pick up my spirits when things got tough. My mom passed away shortly before I started playing so it helped me through that. The letters from mom in the game are always really bittersweet for me and I can't help but to save all the furniture she sends! I have had many towns since I started playing. So, two years in for me and I'm still happy with it!

Wow, it really doesn't feel like four years... I got the game the day it was released in America. I drove to Target to pick up a copy and played it right when I came home. I started my town that day and it's the same town I have today. Back then, we didn't have much knowledge about maps and such so I just went with intuition about what I wanted. If I could do it over again, I'd probably want to reset until I got a better town fruit. I'm not a fan of oranges; they seem to follow me everywhere I go! I've been through so much with this game. It was with me in the darkest period of my life and it really helped me. I remember trying to collect all the badges and trying to get 100% for the catalog. My town's been through more villagers than I can remember. This is the game I've spent the most time playing, by far. I can just pick it up, do a couple things for an hour or two and set it down. I love it so much that I would talk about it to my friends and several people bought the game because of me.
I was totally the same. I got it at Target, I had no idea about maps, I have oranges and I have only had one town on my main copy

How come you play since you seem to not really like anything about the game? I'm just curious because I can't help, but see you complain about a lot in the game..

My town is ruined due to the 7 amiibo's I scanned in. They are permanent. My town has no grass because of this.

I put a lot into this game and sick of people who can't understand my frustration at being tricked by Nintendo into being stuck FOREVER with 7 villagers I now LOATHE!

I like a lot in the game, and have been playing since WW.

I complain about amiibo's because this is an AC forum.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Edit:

I am in shock.

After 5 months of only my 3 non amiibo's pinging me to move, my scanned in Mathilda JUST pinged to move.

I gladly bid her farewell!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

Last edited:
Welp a new game didn't get announced, but I think that it is only a matter of time before we do get an announcement.

Back