• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Attack on Titan - [Game Over/Town Wins]

@ Daniel - Very interesting post (#1037). You really are throwing some bad light onto yourself (among others) with the points you bring up, which you pointed out yourself, and that's either an excellent scum-tactic or you're doing so because you legitimately have town's best interest in mind. I think it would indeed be wise to study which people our fallen comrades were suspicious of.

Personally - And I hate to say this - I found Cadbbery a lot more suspicious before she asked the Host if Mafia can communicate with one another outside of the thread. I don't think that anyone that's Mafia, who would obviously have that information already, would dare to ask the host that since I imagine that sort of question would be a borderline rule violation. There is no direct code of conduct (AFAIK) that says you cannot tactically use bouncing a question towards the host to somehow appear more innocent than you are, but I feel like it's an unwritten rule. Others may have a different opinion regarding the matter.

As for Heyden, half of their posts seem to be dripping in sarcasm - It's difficult for me to get a clear read on them because of this and I will just have to trust the people that know them better when they say that they seems like a town-lean. Entropy was almost certain that Heyden is town, and I trust Entropy, therefore it might be a better idea to look elsewhere for today's lynch candidate.

I will read up more on Tardis and Tae later on, when I have the time.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Is there a reason for Call me Daniel barely saying anything this game or no? I'm surprised most people haven't mentioned it but he's kind of just slipping by and gets pointed out once in a while without resolve.

He has been quiet, but in previous games when he was scum, he posted a lot more. Just saying. I found him much more scummy before his most recent post.

cant we just ask minties if its allowed?

Minties was Cadbberry's question about mafia communication against the rules, regardless of alignment?

Minties was Cadbberry's question about mafia communication against the rules, regardless of alignment?

We could try. The thing is, if it's only against the rules with certain alignments, that would mod-confirm her alignment and basically screw everything up.

i feel like if it were against the rules cad wouldve been warned in private because that would potentially give away her alignment...but i dunno maybe someone will think of a way to answer this without gamethrowing or whatever.

- - - Post Merge - - -

We could try. The thing is, if it's only against the rules with certain alignments, that would mod-confirm her alignment and basically screw everything up.

yea thats one of my concerns

I'm not going to confirm or deny anything regarding this matter to prevent any meta speculation and attempt to preserve game integrity.

I am a firm believer that regardless of alignment, those questions are not appropriate to ask in the thread as it borders right on the edge similar to posting a PM from a host in the thread. There is no specific rule regarding this, but I will not be lenient should it occur again. Host questions should not be used to alter the way that players may perceive you, regardless of what alignment the player is.

I apologize in advance for the rushed read, will do a better one after I get a good night sleep.

Cory
I feel like Cory is really just a bad town atm. As evident by his posts, he's pushing Hayden so much to the point where it kind of feels like he has something against him, but I can somewhat understand his frustration as Hayden isn't playing his best. It's a good thing that Cory playing like his town meta (as I mentioned before) because I feel like this is Town vs Town, and anyone who want to lynch them over this argument is taking advantage of the situation​

Alexi
She's giving me the same vibes as Trump where she tries to actively contribute. She voted for Ashtot but I can't find her reasons for it through skimming her post filter beside her putting Ashtot on http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?370687-TBT-Mafia-Attack-on-Titan-Day-Two&p=6581534&viewfull=1#post6581534]her color-coded list?[/url] Please link me if I missed them. I'm waiting for her case on Daniel before looking closely on her.​

Cadbberry
I'm kinda ??? how people are focusing at Cad who's fairly new right now? She didn't vote for Tom which does make her suspicious, her noobslip was awkward because, shouldn't she know that mafia share a QT if she pay attention to the end of the game? She's suspicious to me because of these things, but at the same time there's a chance she's just noob town who made a mistake in her reading/votes, and scum is taking advantage of that :/ I'll see how things goes and if no one else stands out, I'll place my vote on her.

Kevinnn
So my reason for voting Kevinnn was really a reaction test. I thought if I leave him be, he'll stay under the radar so I kept my vote on him to get a reaction. I didn't get the reaction I was expecting, unfortunately. I'm null on him for now, he hasn't posted much for me to decide.​

And at this point I'm too tired so I'll continue tomorrow. I wrote those four first because Alexi, Cad, and Cory seem to stand out and easier to read atm, and Kevinnn was the player I was focused on before D2. I'll start looking closely on other players when I'm not half dead.

Townreads atm are entropy, Hayden, Trundle, Cory, and shiida. The rest will be looked closely later. Good night!​

The thing with Cad's question is that it's something really odd to ask. The point of Mafia is "The informed vs the uninformed", it's pretty well stated that the mafia know each other and communicate to kill town. A question like that coming from a not so new player would be really off. I don't think a scum would ask that or tell their partner to ask that, because it's just so obvious a question.

Is there a reason for Call me Daniel barely saying anything this game or no? I'm surprised most people haven't mentioned it but he's kind of just slipping by and gets pointed out once in a while without resolve.

I'm just overall really busy this week/weekend. My phone's broken so when I get home I read everything first. I've shared a few thoughts and reads, but I don't have much time to make hard cases until I can replace my phone or after Sunday when I'm no longer busy.

eh, im still gonna keep my vote on cad for now, because her playstyle is so different and it feels like her messages arent typed by her. i may change it if someone i trust has better reads that make sense to me though.

I've been thinking through a slow-start morning that it is possible Sataric is coasting along as scum. Before I go any further I'm just going to mention that he has NOT been called out at all yet, so reactions might determine whether or not I still hold this suspicion.

One thing I want to point out is that on Cadbberry's read list:

I am filtering my self, I am filtering my little thoughts, in my previous games I posted a lot of everything in my head, relevant or not, this game I am trying to edit my self to only saying what I think are relevant and will move the game.
Trundle/Bingo
taesaek
Entropy
Dolby
Ashtot
Sataric
Ayaya

ClamEatsCurry
Kevinnn
Wild Blue Yonder
Alexi
Cory
Shiida
Miharu
- Cant decide how I feel on you, not null but not either side, just a full up blend of town read and sus
Call Me Daniel
Crys/Bango
Tardis2016
- Opinions jumpy and though they said they were town at start they just have been all over the place
Heyden- Everything seems off and sporadic with them, some times a good call outs other times just ****posting, like they are trying to cover up their behavior from seeming scummy at the start.

If Cad is scum, it's possible we are completely off track with Heyden and Tardis2016. I feel like Cad is trying to show a scum Sataric as town but Sataric might be trying to bus Cad. If Cad is not scum, I'd still be quite undecided... But something is off about how Sataric seems to be coasting through the game. Not to mention, it seems he's still trying to push suspicion on me when it's a bit unreasonable to do so. It's also possible that Cad is just an innocent townie and Sataric is still mafia.

Someone give me some thoughts. I'm sure someone has noticed something.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Regardless, that read list looks terrible.

Daniel I love how you're ignoring all suspicion of you.

Kevin Id love to know why/how I'm suspicious at all. seeing as how I ended up voting for Tom yet you didn't ?

I'm looking into cadbberry more. At first I thought her play style was just she was trying to improve but that "townslip" seems way off too me. Also looking more into tardis since apparently I'm writing his posts for him l m a o. I think if tardis was mafia he would've n1d me but will have a better read on everyone once I fully wake up.

I'm almost okay with lynching Cadd because of the "townslip". Even if they flipped green it at least sends a message that they shouldn't do that. If Cadd was lynched it would help us a bit with our discussion with others regardless of what they flip.

Maybe if you showed me an actual case against me instead of just calling me scum I would say something, Alexi.

i hate this. This reeks of scum trying to get rid of town any way they can

i hate this. This reeks of scum trying to get rid of town any way they can

Wat
So you do think shiida is scum, regardless of the claim? Cory what are you even trying to do.

Also @ Daniel - fair enough.

Wat
So you do think shiida is scum, regardless of the claim? Cory what are you even trying to do.

Also @ Daniel - fair enough.

i never said that, what she did was scummy but im pretty sure shes town

- - - Post Merge - - -

what do you mean "what are you even trying to do?"

/snip/

Alexi
She's giving me the same vibes as Trump where she tries to actively contribute. She voted for Ashtot but I can't find her reasons for it through skimming her post filter beside her putting Ashtot on http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?370687-TBT-Mafia-Attack-on-Titan-Day-Two&p=6581534&viewfull=1#post6581534]her color-coded list?[/url] Please link me if I missed them. I'm waiting for her case on Daniel before looking closely on her.​

/snip/

This is just bad town play. Don't skim my posts, read them cause then you'll see where my suspicion of Ashtot came from.
I think everyone is either ignoring the fact (willingly or idk) that I voted for Tom lol. There is scum hiding in the Hayden lynch.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i never said that, what she did was scummy but im pretty sure shes town

- - - Post Merge - - -

what do you mean "what are you even trying to do?"

oh, well then nevermind.

Tardis>Alexi>Cadberry>Hayden>Teasack

These are the people I find the most suspicious put in order of most to least.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is just bad town play. Don't skim my posts, read them cause then you'll see where my suspicion of Ashtot came from.
I think everyone is either ignoring the fact (willingly or idk) that I voted for Tom lol. There is scum hiding in the Hayden lynch.

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh, well then nevermind.
WHY CANT THERE BE SCUM HIDING IN TOM VOTE?

Back