The Resetting Thread

Hi! I've had my save file since the game first came out, but I really want to start fresh, especially due to NH burnout. What do you guys think? I'd have to check and see if there's any items I need saved, but other than that I just want an opinion.

Hi! I've had my save file since the game first came out, but I really want to start fresh, especially due to NH burnout. What do you guys think? I'd have to check and see if there's any items I need saved, but other than that I just want an opinion.
I think it can be fun, but think about it before hand, you cant go back

Did you end up resetting? I've been planning to reset my second copy of the game soon and love hearing about people who have new towns this long since the game came out. It can definitely be tough saying goodbye to your town from Day 1, but copies of NL aren't very expensive online if you have the means to buy another one :)

God I wish I could reset. My town has an embarrassing name (Toon Bay for pete's sake), I time traveled WAY too much when I first started playing (it got to the point where Kicks is stated to have opened much later than it was supposed to) and I made a lot of mistakes with villagers back then. But I came too far to turn back now, when I was like thirteen I finally got serious about Animal Crossing and played it the way it was meant to be played. I wish I was smarter back then.

If they port New Leaf to the Switch I'll rectify all the mistakes I made early on and actually build my town in an immersive way

A lot of my friends are playing acnh on their switch but since it's impossible to get hold of one, I downloaded acnl. I did two resets on my first day cos I really didn't like the look of my first batch of villagers and the face I had. After a few days though, little things started to annoy me. My house was too close to the river. There were too many ponds (3) and rocks (8). The retail center was in the middle of the map so it was far from everything. The last straw was a new villager had moved in to where I wanted to build my bridge.

So the next day, I decided to spend some time resetting. Little did I know I would be sucked into a vortex of endless nitpicking. I don't like the grass. I don't like this villager. I don't like the fruit. I don't like the pond placement. After a whole afternoon of being unhappy and sick of all of it. I told a friend (who was a professional therapist) about it and she basically agreed it was my perfectionist tendency getting out of hand, again. She told me to just start up my game for the last time and stick with what I got. That seemed like a tall order so I told myself, I would give myself three tries, and if on the last try there was nothing I liked, I had to make the best out of it. Plus, it would add to the challenge.

First try: all the maps had 3-5 ponds. NEXT.

Second try: I got Wart Jr. as one of the starting villagers and he freaks me out. NEXT

At this point, it really felt like my fate was hanging by a thread. Finally...third try: all the maps had 1-2 ponds! I picked my fav. And VOILA! Native fruit was cherries (which I love) and I got FLURRY (one of my favs). I canvased the town and found only 6 rocks which were in tolerable locations. In short, I felt like I lucked out and everything was meant to be. So now I'm one happy mayor.

I still think, though, living with the imperfections and accidents is a huge lesson here for me to learn. Since I don't TT and do plot resetting, I'm sure I'll encounter awkward move-ins again and again. I mean, just today I accidentally sold my watering can. But I just told myself to not panic and wait till the gardening center opens. In any case, here's to happy mayor-ing.

Wondering have you done your resets after selling to Nook?

Im kinda looking for an answer for resetting after selling town. I know we can reset ( turn off ) when you see the map layout in the train. But im kinda looking to know if you can reset when you arrive in town and see the first batch of villager, and still keep the catalogue, money after restarting from Nook sell.

My town need a reset. The tree is litteraly on the top right corner and it bug me off. Love my caracters, river layout, but it get on my nerves lol.

Wouf. Ok soft resetting when you arrive at town and see the first three villager does not make you lose you save game! Im still back at the process i can resell to Nook for 19 millions.

Now it took me nearly 45 minutes to get the map layout i like, i really think next time i see same layout ill keep it whatever villagers i have in lol.

Lol. Like seriously, if your resetting and find a map layout you really like, endure the villagers 😆. 4 hours of resetting and didnt find back the map i liked lol.

And btw, you can reset even when you are on the map and taking a look at the 5 starting villagers, the game havent save yet your free to reset. I reset there again because villagers ( 2 pigs! ) were not to my liking on another good map layout.

Its the last time lol. Once i get the map , **** it, ill get amiibo to replace them lol.

Tip for resetting: The public work project are kept in the catalogue IF YOU HAVE INSTALL THEM. Thankfully i had installed to police station, its there, but notice some signs project were not on the list because i didnt bother installing them. No big deal they were not big ones.

Now anyway, im restarting again, going to fast forward 50 days, i seriously hate all my villagers lol. And all houses are put in the same spot.

Back