The 3D Effect

Marky Mark

Bells
While I've read plenty about New Leaf, I haven't really heard much about what the 3D effect is actually like.

For those of you that have the Japanese version already, do you usually play with 3D on or off, and why? Thanks!

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I play with it off, mainly because I can't see 3D and it would just be a drain on the batteries :p

I play with it off because the 3D, in general, bothers my eyes.

I don't mind turning on the 3D effect at times, but the game doesn't even need it in first place. Like the more recent Nintendo games, 3D effects are pleasing to my eyes, even if I crank it up to the max.
If you end up playing it for a prolonged time, you'd want to turn the 3D off.

I typically never have the 3D on, mostly because I move the ds around a lot when I play, which kind of makes the 3D ineffective. Also, it messes with my eyes and it would probably give me a headache. Occasionally I'll turn it on, but I never have it on very long.

I've heard that for New Leaf, it just adds depth and might make it slightly easier to catch bugs (since you can tell more easily how close you are to the bug or w/e if that makes sense).

I tend to play with it off but check the effects from time to time, I have a friend that has that on always due to something breaking, can't stand looking at her 3ds for long cause of that.

You can get a sneak peek of what the 3D looks like when you watch the trailer on the Nintendo Shop. It's pretty stunning!

Off on my 3DS by default. Was never too fond of it.

Though, I must say, I've been playing Luigi's Mansion 2 with the 3d on slightly and it is amazing :)

I play with it off, mainly because I can't see 3D and it would just be a drain on the batteries :p

I wonder how much of a drain it really is? I've heard, in passing, people complain about the 3DS battery life and I wonder if it's more because of the 3D effect being on since I keep mine off and my battery life isn't bad.

Why is everyone so anti-3D here? :D I really love playing with 3D on most of the time.
I'm already excited to see how New Leaf will look like in 3D.

Why is everyone so anti-3D here? :D I really love playing with 3D on most of the time.

It's not so much anti-3D as it really hurts a lot of peoples' eyes/heads (or in some cases, doesn't work for them). I always get a headache just from a few seconds of having it on.

I never get headaches or eye strain from 3D. If I can, I'll play with it on but if I'm laying in bed or something I'll keep it off.

Newer games have much better looking 3D than games that came out around the beginning of the 3DS' life. The 3D in this game is VERY good too.

Having the 3D on does not drain your batteries at all. It's a slider that angles a separate image to either eye. It isn't like THE 3D TURBO SUPERDRIVE ACTIVATED.

I use it, but not on the highest setting. Plus, there are some games where it doesn't look as good. Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns made the 3D look horrendous, so I never had it on. I think it looks great on Animal Crossing though, so I'll probably leave it on.

I play with it off because I tend to jostle around when I play and then the 3D looks all screwed up. It only hurts my eyes if I'm playing for several hours at a time.

Back