• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Ok I went to gamestop.
They gave me a paper with a 'placeholder' release date of 5/2/12.
I am hoping this will be the final release date but I doubt it.

Oh wow, I've seen many people hyped for this game, I'm starting to feel like buying it. :I

I'm nowhere near as hyped as everyone else is haha

Not extremely reliable, since I can't find any other sources, but this website claims that Nintendo plans on releasing AC3DS in 2012's first quarter, which is by the end of March. But like it says, it will probably be pushed back to a summer or even fall release.

http://tampassi.com/?p=1950

Realistically thinking, it is most likely going to be a summer release. But you never know.

Today I got my copy of Official Nintendo Magazine (UK, and early 'cause of my subscription :D)
and they said their ETA date for the game is Summer 2012. It was their biggest preview as well.
Other info: You can specify furniture options/colours and your secretary tells you which parts of your town are good and which parts need more work. Houses - you can customise fencing, mailbox, sides, roof and more. Redesign the inside of your house. The whole redesigning/colouring is done by a special upholstery shop which does it for you. Villages are to be bigger than ever before, with separate sections and the beach is reached by walking down a cliffside path. Shopping mall - lots more shops and things to do than the city in CF and a fancy street with model houses. Person in charge of this is Tom Nook, he's an estate agent. Sadly, it seems to be that he no longer has a shop because of the Mall. Everything originally sold in his shop is now in the Mall (somewhere.)

That's all the information that was in there. (Apart from already known stuff) Sorry if some of this was confirmed before.

EDIT: My source was Official Nintendo Magazine (UK) who had info revealed from Nintendo.

Last edited:
Are there any pictures or anything with the text? would love to see some new screenshots or.. anything new really.

There's a few new ones, I can't really remember seeing them anywhere. I'll add a new post with the pics once I get my printer running. There's also a pic which explains the map briefly. Don't get your hopes up massively though, it just shows new things which were confirmed. (lamps and hedges around houses and customisation on chars)

Hey, anything new at this point is great, even if it is of stuff we have already seen.
Might spot something small nobody has mentioned yet.

Yeah, i'm gonna try get the new thread done tomorrow, I'd do it now, but i'm tired and not in the mood

Wow! That was some information! I think there are gonna be shops for all sections from Tom Nook! A flowershop, stationeryshop, furnitureshop and more!

Yeah, I'm gonna have fun tomorrow, frolicking (lol) around this thread for all information

Well, I ment the information from VillageDweller, but in this whole topic is very much information!

Bidoof, should I still post the pics when I get the printer running or should I leave it until the new thread comes in?

wont really matter, the new thread will have reserved posts. If you get your printer working before i make the thread, post here, if i have made the thread, post them there.

Also I need some thread title ideas... "Official AC:3DS Information Thread 2" or "New Official AC:3DS Information Thread" i'm thinking of "Revamped AC:3DS Official Information Thread"

wont really matter, the new thread will have reserved posts. If you get your printer working before i make the thread, post here, if i have made the thread, post them there.

Also I need some thread title ideas... "Official AC:3DS Information Thread 2" or "New Official AC:3DS Information Thread" i'm thinking of "Revamped AC:3DS Official Information Thread"

Maybe "The New Official AC:3DS Information Thread" or "The New and Improved Official AC:3DS Information Thread"?

(I think I made those a bit too long. Sorry. :O)

Maybe Official AC:3DS New Information or AC:3DS Complimation of Information?

Back