• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ask The Staff: Non site-related questions!

I need help! When i try to send TBT bells it says I don't have them! Please help!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

And every time I post I lose them! What the hecks going on??

Have you ever thought of pimping out the forums a little or maybe allot? Bling bling

Have you ever thought of pimping out the forums a little or maybe allot? Bling bling
tbt lols.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

MS Paint is a wonderful thing.

Okay, I am having a major issue right now.
Practically everyone on the forums uses someone elses art on their avatars and signature while giving no credit to the original artist.
Well here's the deal:
Someone created pixel mayors that are very similar to the villagers that we all use in our signatures (that someone else in Korea? created). Well, I looked off of her default and created my own. Long story short, she hunted me down, demanded payment (tbt bells) and reported me several times. I don't understand why I'm in the wrong when it's a piece of art that is a lookalike to the pixel villagers and I am in NO WAY saying that it's my original idea, NOR am I trying to sell it. None of her villagers that she has made are using the outfit that I made, as I made it from scratch. All they share is a similar face and outline.
(Moderators have told me to take it down).
I think is is absurd and I want to talk to a moderator about this.

She also has me PUBLICLY blacklisted on her thread for all to see.

I have attempted to create my own from scratch that looks like the pixel villagers, but because there are so few pixels to work with, it's practically impossible to make it extremely different from hers.

I HAVE ALSO SENT HER 5x the payment and an Easter Egg.

Last edited:
Practically everyone on the forums uses someone elses art on their avatars and signature while giving no credit to the original artist.
Well here's the deal:
Someone created pixel mayors that are very similar to the villagers that we all use in our signatures (that someone else in Korea? created). Well, I looked off of her default and created my own. Long story short, she hunted me down, demanded payment (tbt bells) and reported me several times. I don't understand why I'm in the wrong when it's a piece of art that is a lookalike to the pixel villagers and I am in NO WAY saying that it's my original idea, NOR am I trying to sell it. None of her villagers that she has made are using the outfit that I made, as I made it from scratch. All they share is a similar face and outline.

I have attempted to create my own from scratch that looks like the pixel villagers, but because there are so few pixels to work with, it's practically impossible to make it extremely different from hers.

you shouldn't have given her payment she doesn't deserve it after what she did to you

Well here's the deal:

This is a very weird scenario.
I'd suggest you send a pm to an active mod showing your pixel villagers and comparing to hers. Don't post the pixels here as this kind of matter should be solved privately, and the person concerned probably doesn't want to seen as the 'bad' guy.
I don't understand why you paid her AND gave her a collectible, is she using it as a way to bully you and make you feel guilty?
Okay you've taken it down, given your apologies, but there is no need to go this far to pay back . Plus you should get the negative wifi get removed as this did not involve acnl trade. The wifi rating can only be used for acnl matters not for plagiarism or whatever according to what I've seen.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oops. Misread. I thought she gave you a neg wifi report my bad :<!

Well here's the deal:

I'd appreciate a private message and some links showing where all this happened please.

original

Paying the person was a mistake...

I did some research on my own and I think I found where all this happened.

Last edited:
Copyright Act of 1976, Pub. L. No. 94-553, 90 Stat. 2541 (codified as amended at 17 U.S.C. secs. 101-805)
Works of art are protected by U.S. copyright law. Provisions of this act apply to the creation, ownership, reproduction, and dissemination of works of art.

Whoever embezzles, steals, purloins, or knowingly converts to his use or the use of another, or without authority, sells, conveys or disposes of any record, voucher, money, or thing of value of the United States or of any department or agency thereof, or any property made or being made under contract for the United States or any department or agency thereof; or Whoever receives, conceals, or retains the same with intent to convert it to his use or gain, knowing it to have been embezzled, stolen, purloined or converted - Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; but if the value of such property in the aggregate, combining amounts from all the counts for which the defendant is convicted in a single case, does not exceed the sum of $1,000, he shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both. The word "value" means face, par, or market value, or cost price, either wholesale or retail, whichever is greater.
- See more at: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/1....unf0xtKZ.dpuf

Copyright Act of 1976, Pub. L. No. 94-553, 90 Stat. 2541 (codified as amended at 17 U.S.C. secs. 101-805)
Works of art are protected by U.S. copyright law. Provisions of this act apply to the creation, ownership, reproduction, and dissemination of works of art.

Whoever embezzles, steals, purloins, or knowingly converts to his use or the use of another, or without authority, sells, conveys or disposes of any record, voucher, money, or thing of value of the United States or of any department or agency thereof, or any property made or being made under contract for the United States or any department or agency thereof; or Whoever receives, conceals, or retains the same with intent to convert it to his use or gain, knowing it to have been embezzled, stolen, purloined or converted - Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; but if the value of such property in the aggregate, combining amounts from all the counts for which the defendant is convicted in a single case, does not exceed the sum of $1,000, he shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both. The word "value" means face, par, or market value, or cost price, either wholesale or retail, whichever is greater.
- See more at: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/1....unf0xtKZ.dpuf

wouldn't the person who paid for the art need there permission instead of the artists (sorry I can't read long stuff)

- - - Post Merge - - -

the link doesn't work

Using a piece of art as a guideline to make your own isn't stealing, so I dont think that wall o' text applies in this case.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Do the mailbox items in the shop stack? Like if I buy 2 of the silver ones, will I have 2400 message limit?

I'd just like to point out that if we get reports from people saying they don't want their art used as avatars/signatures, we do remove it so...

Adol - They don't stack.

Back