• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Should Disney have a gay princess?

Still don't care.

then skip over the thread and don't reply! jfc man! and like others said, apparently you care enough to let people know you don't care? if what you're saying doesn't contribute to the discussion then don't comment!

Last edited:
If there is is should just be casually treated like any other emphasis. People want it to be treated normally, not specially.

Who cares what Disney does with their movies? They're just cartoons/ cg characters that are in no way realistic, and shouldnt be used as role models. Parents and actual adults in kids' lives should be their role models. Also WHY does sexuality have any place at all in kids shows/ movies?

despite not being gay i'm pretty disappointed one of the only lgbt characters (if you'd even count this) is lefou. while it was... "a breakthrough" i think it's important for LGBT characters to take a much bigger role in movies in the future. even if you don't think the characters shouldn't be role models, they are to little kids all around the world. and what does that last part even mean lol like no offense but sexuality is involved in literally every movie ever. are we gonna just pretend that all of disney's movies don't feature couples at all or something?? sexuality isn't just gay - it's straight, bi, and everything else in between, and almost every single one of their movies has straight couples (and therefore, sexuality) in it.

little kids, teens, and even adults who are a part of the lgbt community should be able to see people like themselves on the big screen. i think it's pretty awful that there is a lack of lgbt representation, especially in this current generation.

anyhow, if from what i've already stated didn't make my stance clear, i would love to see a gay princess. gay princesses, gay princes, gay characters in general. bring them all on.

Last edited:
Just wanna see more gay media by gay creators 2 be honest. I don't especially care if it's Disney or not since I'm not a super big fan of them and don't have a lot of faith in how they might handle a gay character in a major leading role. Also I'm really over the idea that because a story is about a gay character it has to be Serious? and full of hardship and most likely tragedy as well, like just gimme some light-hearted little thing where one or some of the characters happen to be LGBT it's not that deep. :V

Yes, definitely. LGBT kids deserve to see themselves on the big screen, it's not just adults who aren't straight or aren't cisgender.

To be perfectly honest, I'm disinterested in the Frozen franchise and have no plans of seeing the sequel, but if they actually gave Elsa a girlfriend like the petitions and social media movements are rooting for, that would be a big enough deal in LGBT movie representation that I'd actually feel motivated to go see it in theatres.

honestly yes,,............ that would make me happy & plenty others

but there's gonna be those parents that will be like "ewwwwugh the BLT's are trying to shove their gayness in our faces! we get it! keep it to urself!"

Last edited:
Why not? I would enjoy seeing lgbt+ characters in popular movies/shows in general (Not just princesses alone) if they aren't there for personal gain for the company or for a marketing ploy.

Somewhere out there on the internet, every single disney princess is gay. You just got to find the right fan fiction/art.

If they can understand a woman loving a man, they can understand a woman loving another woman.
I was thinking the same; I think it's more likely that the homophobic adults are the ones that wouldn't understand it, not the kids.

nope, I think it will be weird, esp many kids don't understand it

kids will understand talking animals and magic but two boys being in love would be too weird and harmful for their small innocent minds.
truth is small kids will accept and believe pretty much anything without any objections, they’ll be like ”mom why are they holding hands theyre both boys” and the mom will be like ”Well Timmy theyre both boys but they are in love and that is okay, you see there is this thing called being ga-” and the kid is all like ”k cool”, like they don’t really care..... parents make their kids homophobic, they’re mot born saying ”it’s adam and eve, not adam and steve! thank yuo jesus.,”

You would be surprised by how much social intelligence kids have and how little adults have.

It's either painfully obvious or not.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same; I think it's more likely that the homophobic adults are the ones that wouldn't understand it, not the kids.

I think there's another problem, too. When we fail to normalize same-sex couples in children's media and other media that children are exposed to, we are automatically sending the message that there's something different, even wrong, about homosexuality. I think a lot of anti-homosexuality people in power recognize this, and this is exactly what they're aiming for when they spread around nonsense like "Keep homosexuality out of children's media. It is inappropriate for them!". There is absolutely nothing inherently inappropriate about homosexuality. Showing a same-sex couple together, kissing, etc. (all of the same things they show with heterosexual couples in children's media) is not inappropriate. It's ONLY inappropriate to the people who want homosexuality to be "othered".

unlike some people, kids are honestly not going to give a crap if 2 boys kiss or whatever. i remember when i was a kid, there was an episode of good luck charlie on disney with 2 moms, and how did i react?? "huh, thats cool" what's not to understand about same sex relationships

if they do it when they announce it they should introduce the plot normally. dont say anything like "for the first time in history ____ features a gay couple!!!" just show a trailer, whatever tf they do, and be quiet. then when the movie comes out it will be obvious to ppl that they r homo. then u can call those people out on their **** for saying u were shoving it in their faces

yes, but don't make it the whole trope. being gay isn't a personality, nor is it a lifestyle. it's a part of someone, not the whole of someone. that needs to be obvious.

Back