My town's villagers (... and some other stuff)

Cheshire

Manifest!
Bells
Red Lily
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Hey,

I'm trying to draw all of my favourite villagers for a group picture and felt like sharing what I've got so far :)
View attachment 212771

Julian - Easily my favourite villager, this fabulous unicorn doesn't care what anybody thinks about him. You do you, bro.

View attachment 212772

Coco - I always imagine Coco to be a huge creepypasta/horror fan who doesn't realize that she's freaking everybody else out by talking about splatter and gore nonstop.

View attachment 212773

Phoebe - she likes her music loud and fast, and her food hot and spicy.

I also dabble in 3D modelling. My newest model is this one:
View attachment 212776View attachment 212777View attachment 212778

One of my OCs, a young kitsune (that's why she doesn't have more tails yet). And yes, I'm aware that I'm a weeaboo.

Have a nice day!

Last edited:
oh goshh these are really really good!! I love it when people expand on villagers' personalities like this ahaha. can't wait to see the rest :>

I know absolutely nothing about 3d modelling but your oc looks amazing so far! :,))

This is so awesome!!! I also like to headcanon a lot of stuff for my villagers and used to doodle really ****ty humanoid versions of them. I might try it again sometime (or attempt animals once more, shudder). But there look so awesome and they are so expressive!! Phoebe's description KILLS ME HAHAH

Thanks guys! Yeah, since the villagers are such blank slates in the game personality-wise, it's really fun to make up little background stories for them and give them a bit more life. I also love to see how other people interpret their own villagers :)

View attachment 212871

Sterling - He's a history buff obsessed with the Middle Ages. I always imagine him speaking Middle High German and randomly citing from The Song of the Nibelungs.
View attachment 212866

The new MLP movie was actually really good and made me want to draw my old OC again. He's a little autumn pony who likes to kick up colourful leaves and soar like a kite.

Last edited:
I focused on making models for a little game I'm currently working on in Unity, so I didn't continue with my villagers yet. These models are lower poly than the kitsune because I'm not sure how much I can realistically throw at my engine.
View attachment 212966
View attachment 212967
View attachment 212968

I really don't like the colors on this one, so I think I'll redo it later. It was a fun texturing practice, though!
View attachment 212971
View attachment 212969
View attachment 212970

Doing the skull this way (drawing the holes instead of actually sculpting them) saves a lot of geometry, but looks kinda bleh.
By the way, can anyone recommend any good sites for art? I'm looking for an alternative to Deviantart, preferably one where you can use Flash scripts (for interactive turntables) without having to be a core/premium/prime/whatever member.

Last edited:
Back