• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Left Joy-con drains its battery much faster than the right one?

Cheshire

Manifest!
Bells
Red Lily
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Hey guys,
I‘ve had my Switch for approximately two weeks now (and I love it so far!). The only thing that strikes me as odd is that every single time the Joy-cons run out of power, the left one dies first while the right one is still sitting at half or even 3/4 charge, according to the battery indicator in the controller menu. (Even though they always charge at the same time - on the docked console, whenever one of them runs dry.)
Has anyone else experienced the same issue or do I just have a faulty battery in mine?

Last edited:
I think it's normal. Mine's like that. Not just on one pair but it happens pretty much in every pair that I own (Gray, Neon red/blue, Neon yellow, Neon Pink/Green, Red-Mario). They don't usually drain at the same time and it's usually the left joy-con that drains faster than the other.

Back