• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I wish there was a fully 3D Animal Crossing

NinelivesBobcat

Bells
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Trust me, it's possible. Even New Leaf is actually capable of fully 3D (go into the first insect room of the museum and push up on the d-pad. You can also use a certain trainer to move the camera but I can't tell how). I'm kinda getting tired of the rolling-pin effect and not being able to see behind things. Not to mention that MK8 had a DLC stage based on Animal Crossing that was fully 3D and it was gorgeous (in MK8 Deluxe, it isn't even DLC and it comes with the game). I made a few screenshots of what a fully 3D Animal Crossing game could look like (through using black magic):

HNI_0084.JPGHNI_0085.JPGHNI_0087.JPGHNI_0088.JPGHNI_0096.JPG

That'd be awesome, tbh. Though I feel like it wouldn't be QUITE the same. I mean, I'd love it, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about the 3D-ness.

That'd be awesome, tbh. Though I feel like it wouldn't be QUITE the same. I mean, I'd love it, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about the 3D-ness.

I'm just bored of the rolling-pin effect and not being able to look behind stuff really. We've had the rolling-pin effect for 3 games now (technically 5 including spinoffs).

I see what you mean but i think they climaxed with ACNL. That's why they updated it instead of making another game. Cool concept though (especially the jumping idea) but i doubt its going to ever happen. Plus its kinda what Animal Crossing is all about and they want to make it for us old players, not just new. Animal Crossing has ALWAYS been this way, if they change it too much from the original product might as well just make it a different game and i'd doubt it would be the same. My opinion though.

I see what you mean but i think they climaxed with ACNL. That's why they updated it instead of making another game. Cool concept though (especially the jumping idea) but i doubt its going to ever happen. Plus its kinda what Animal Crossing is all about and they want to make it for us old players, not just new. Animal Crossing has ALWAYS been this way, if they change it too much from the original product might as well just make it a different game and i'd doubt it would be the same. My opinion though.

Sadly true. Nintendo just wants to stick to their roots. I'm just expressing my dream feature in a dream game. Also, the GCN game didn't have the rolling-pin effect, neither did the Plaza app for the Wii U had it either. As for jumping, that's actually pretty pointless since there's no need to jump at all as there's never anything in your way that's small enough to jump over. Though the AC series isn't over, just because ACNL seemed like the tip of the series doesn't mean that it actually is, and I'm pretty sure Reggie (or some other person at Nintendo) said they wanted all their IP's on the Switch... (inb4 next game turns out to be a port of acnl or amiibo festival, the latter resulting in me giving up on everything. rip).

Doing away with the fixed camera could be nice, as long as it doesn't make navigation confusing. Up to now, it's been due to hardware limitations, and the rolling land is a great way of having a short render distance without it being too obvious. Look closely in Wild World and you'll see the tops of trees and some of the larger buildings just disappear in the distance.

Back