• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are your favourite bands/artists? What's your favourite music genre?

Metal, more specifically melodic death metal and thrash.

Was brought up on thrash metal, my step dad playing it around me since I was like 4. Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica, Anthrax, Kreator, Overkill, Testament, Exodus, the typical stuff. I still love Megadeth, Kreator and old Metallica and Slayer, but I also love Evile, Cavalera Conspiracy and Savage Messiah these days.

As for melodic death, it's a pretty open ended genre. Arch Enemy, Parasite Inc., Scar Symmetry, Mors Principium Est, Deadlock, Bloodshot Dawn, Children of Bodom.

Anything with electronic elements like Amarante or Blood Stain Child is cool. Judas Priest around the Ram it Down/Painkiller era, Foetal Juice, Fear Factory, Divine Heresy, Dream Theatre, Dimmu Borgir, Devin Townsend, Belphagor, Beast in Black, Nightwish, Kamelot, Shear, Unleash the Archers, Trivium, Within the Ruins, Death. There's only a couple subgenres I really dislike.

Also quite like synthwave. Pertubator, VHS Glitch, Lazerhawk

Nice! \m/

i'm a big fan of metal and most of its subgenres. faith no more, godflesh, melvins, boris, 80s metallica, slayer and primus are my favourite metal bands. i also really like grunge, the only one out of the big 4 i can be iffy about is pearl jam. neo-psychedelia, dream pop, slowcore and shoegaze are genres i listen to a lot as well. my favourite bands out of those genres are mgmt, duster, spacemen 3, spiritualized, slowdive, cocteau twins, deerhunter and sweet trip, which is probably my favourite band to listen to right now. my favourite hip hop groups are beastie boys and death grips. other favourite bands/artists of mine that are in other subgenres are melt banana, mr bungle, suckdog, bjork, beck, porcupine tree, wire, radiohead, ween, diamanda galas, midori, nine inch nails, kate bush, jimi hendrix, the police and the residents

^Nice!! I love dream pop and shoegaze music myself.:)

my favourite band right now is probably the misfits

ayea theyre not my favourite anymmore but i still like them (a lot) my favourite genres are just a lot of punk, rock, industrial, emo **** folk stuff and synthpop

psychedelic/rock (like 60s/early 70s stuff not like modem electronic things), folk, protest music from the 60s/70s etc. generally non-crappy pop/rock from that era.. i also like some later african stuff and also avantgarde like diamanda gal?s.

some faves are besides diamanda gal?s obviously; lu?s cilia, joan baez, the mamas & the papas, s?rgio godinho, jefferson airplane, janis joplin, joni mitchell, the beatles, judy collins, sanjalice, flower travellin' band, yoko ono.. and buncha more obv :p

also been listening to dora darling a bit... bit more modern but she does good folk and doesn't do medieval hipster crap like everyone else trying to sound old -_-

To name a few of my favorites:

- Pet Shop Boys
- Rammstein
- MGMT
- New Order
- Gorillaz (not directly an fan, just like a bunch of their songs)
- Daft Punk

I like Electro Pop the most.

Last edited:
I listen to most things, it's dependent on my mood or what it is I'm doing.
I really love progressive metal and math rock bands.
Polyphia, Dance Gavin Dance, Hail the Sun, A lot like birds. To name a few.
Or more Djent-y bands like Periphery, Veil of Maya, Ever Forthright.
I listen to these genres the most. It helps get me amped up to do most things, but as much as I love it, you can imagine that after a while, it does give me headaches.

In high school, I listened to Hands like houses, Memphis May Fire, Bring Me the Horizon. I was an eDgY scene kid with very basic tastes in metal music lol. I also liked jrock/viskei music. The GazettE, Alice Nine, AnCafe, ScReW, SuG, The Kiddie, Lm.C., Abingdon Boy School or any of those anime openings if it had a catchy rock sound to it. lol.
I was also secretly obsessed with kpop. 2pm was my favorite boy band, and I loved Big Bang as a group before they had went solo. My infatuation with kpop didn't last though.

On my less "hardcore" days, I listen to essentially whatever sounds good. Halsey, Melanie Martinez, Sza, Odesza, Alina Baraz & Galimatias, The Kooks, The Chainsmokers, essentially anyone and anything on those indie pop/rock playlists lol.

I'm not a huge fan of rap but I'll occasionally listen to it too.
I love Kendrick Lamar, especially.

Last edited:
Florence & the Machine, Hozier, Lana del Ray, Queen, ABBA, and Paul Anka. Though recently I've been listening to some classic oldies and I just love the instrumental music in most of the songs!

Back