• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Donald Trump Thread

So I just woke up from a nap that I visited his house. Met his wife (who was an older woman with white hair for some reason), and idk why I was being nice to her I guess wanted money or not getting kicked out idk. I went to shake her hand and ended up holding her bangs by mistake (socially awkward so I wasn't surprised). She tells me she'll get her husband who is right outside grilling something laughing with another guy. As me and her wait in the living room for him to come in, my mind goes blank for a sec and I accidentally almost sit on her. I almost die in embarrassment but we let it slide. For some reason my dream skips over to plans ruined as a bunch of kids take up their front yard and plays with water balloons or something. Trump and wife roll their eyes and go back inside as I'm stuck outside with said kids. It gets dark and I go home.

I wake up and bathe myself in holy water.

As much as I hate Trump, I don't think you should take it out on Americans in general. A great fat portion of us are embarrassed by him.

I know, it's just about maybe 3/4 of Americans I hate, the Trump supporters, and the people who think Hillary Clinton would be an amazing president, the number of Americans I hate might be higher though.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and I at first wanted to leave this country only if Trump became president, then I just wanted to leave no matter who the president was.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The movie Moana also made me hate the USA more, which is probably not what anyone would expect. You could also say that it didn't just make me hate the USA, it was more like it led me to hating the USA more.

I know, it's just about maybe 3/4 of Americans I hate, the Trump supporters, and the people who think Hillary Clinton would be an amazing president, the number of Americans I hate might be higher though.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and I at first wanted to leave this country only if Trump became president, then I just wanted to leave no matter who the president was.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The movie Moana also made me hate the USA more, which is probably not what anyone would expect. You could also say that it didn't just make me hate the USA, it was more like it led me to hating the USA more.

Um, well okay go nuts then... lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm honestly curious and wanna know what about Moana was the cause leading you to hate the U.S.

I mean I do too, but that's an interesting reason.

I'm honestly curious and wanna know what about Moana was the cause leading you to hate the U.S.

I mean I do too, but that's an interesting reason.

Ok so, I watched Moana, I assumed it was in Hawaii, I decided to research Hawaii, I looked up how it became part of the USA, then I found out the USA and some sugar plantation owners in Hawaii, overthrew the Hawaiian Kingdom in 1893 and replaced it with a provisional government, the president at the time wasn't ok with annexing Hawaii, then a new president got elected and he allowed the annexation. The annexation was illegal by international law. In 1999 (I think it was 1999) the case was taken to international court, and they verified that it was an illegal annexation, because they couldn't find ANY evidence it wasn't illegal. That's how it led me to that. Then later I look up where Moana took place and it said Sāmoa. There's videos of the international court thing happening.

Ok so, I watched Moana, I assumed it was in Hawaii, I decided to research Hawaii, I looked up how it became part of the USA, then I found out the USA and some sugar plantation owners in Hawaii, overthrew the Hawaiian Kingdom in 1893 and replaced it with a provisional government, the president at the time wasn't ok with annexing Hawaii, then a new president got elected and he allowed the annexation. The annexation was illegal by international law. In 1999 (I think it was 1999) the case was taken to international court, and they verified that it was an illegal annexation, because they couldn't find ANY evidence it wasn't illegal. That's how it led me to that. Then later I look up where Moana took place and it said Sāmoa. There's videos of the international court thing happening.

No offense but you must be miserable. All that true, but does every little thing have to affect you so much that you can't enjoy it? If you saw the color red somewhere, then right after white, then blue in the corner do you want to vomit or something? A lot of us are ashamed of this country but really

Last edited:

Congratulations you learned about America's ****ty past.

Every country has a horrible past. Moana is one of Disney's best movies in the last decade...you know. A FICTIONAL ANIMATED movie

Exactly. So pretty much ANY movie will be on the grounds of a horrible past. "Oh dear God I can't enjoy Lion King because it is based in a country in such a (goes on about bad country history having nothing to do with movie)"

Last edited:
It's important to try and make the future better. If you dislike the way America is or was, change it. Improvement is the most important thing. Huddle within that bubble of fear and hatred and nothing will ever change.

Every country has a horrible past.

Yes they did. But if there's any group of people America treated the worst, it would be the native americans. Despite Trump's immigration ban and deportation raids, he hasn't done anything like what our past presidents did to other races and other groups of people.

- We all know about slavery and Jim Crow-style segregation, but other races were treated just as poorly, or even worse.
- Chinese people were being deported in the 1800's, yet they weren't doing anything wrong.
- Japanese people were placed in internment camps during World War II.
- The Native Americans lost their culture after years of American raiding their land.
- Mexicans were treated poorly in the past too. In fact, just like African Americans, they faced legal segregation in the South.
- And of course, gays were constant victims of hate crimes in the 1970's and 1980's.

Yes they did. But if there's any group of people America treated the worst, it would be the native americans. Despite Trump's immigration ban and deportation raids, he hasn't done anything like what our past presidents did to other races and other groups of people.

- We all know about slavery and Jim Crow-style segregation, but other races were treated just as poorly, or even worse.
- Chinese people were being deported in the 1800's, yet they weren't doing anything wrong.
- Japanese people were placed in internment camps during World War II.
- The Native Americans lost their culture after years of American raiding their land.
- Mexicans were treated poorly in the past too. In fact, just like African Americans, they faced legal segregation in the South.
- And of course, gays were constant victims of hate crimes in the 1970's and 1980's.

Kinda missing the point though. True, but the matter is in this case: in the end, no matter what country you can think of, they had a bad past one way or another. Not who had it worse.

Trump threads are fun.

I agree 100%!

Honestly, almost all presidents were very controversial during their term. It dates all the way back when John Adams and Thomas Jefferson clashed. Things got very ugly between the two, but it's better than no government at all.

I honestly commend Trump for speaking out against things, and acknowledging things, for visiting Texas during disaster (honestly, all things I din't think he would do). However, one certian thing about the way he spoke out in Texas after the deaths doesn't sit very well with me, he said "This is historic, it's epic, what happened, but you know what? It happened in Texas, and Texas can handle anything!" 0:33, It just seems rather belittling, yes many people have died, but forget that, this is Texas, Texas can handle it!

I get boosting morale during hard times, and offering support (which I commend him for doing), I just it insensitive, I hate to be nit-picking, because I honestly believe people look for any single reason, any one thing Trump says to use against him and demonise him for, even without reason.

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's one of the reasons that, I too, believe the whole "hating Trump" thing has gone to far, there's Anti-Trump propaganda everywhere (even here, in the UK!), children that can barely speak, let alone form their own opinions are protesting against him, it's just tiresome. I'm tired of seeing so much propaganda, I'm tired of parents forcing their anti-Trump rhetoric on their children, I'm tired of people looking for every little reason to hate him. I get that he's disliked, but nit-picking to this extent rather that thinking and logically critiquing him, isn't helping anything, he's president now, your "**** Trump" signs aren't doing anything except showing hostility and violence, rather than logic.

Every country has a horrible past. Moana is one of Disney's best movies in the last decade...you know. A FICTIONAL ANIMATED movie

Yes I know, I was just saying it led me to that, Moana is one of my favorite movies.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and everyone saying every country had a horrible past, yes I know, but the US government still ignores what happened to Hawai’i and it still teaches the same propaganda in school of how Hawai’i became part of the USA.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, the native Hawaiians are still treated unfairly, have a high poverty rate, and are more likely to get diseases, they're basically the Native Americans of the Pacific. (Even though they aren't actually Native American).

As much as you guys hate Donald Trump, I have acknowledged that the worst branch of the Constitution right now, based on who is inside, is the Legislative Branch. The Supreme Court may have Neil Gorsuch, and the White House may have both Trump and Pence, but Congress is even worse. The Democrats (more particularly the Senate Democrats) were being obstructionists. I remember reading that back in the Obama era when the Republicans dominated the House, but not the Senate, the Democrats would not let anything passed by the House move to the Senate floor. And they're still being stubborn on accepting what the Republicans had in mind. Case in point - around this time, a president should have over 150 appointees confirmed, as it happened within the last four presidents. But with Trump, not even 60. The reason, the Democrats were being obstructionists. It takes 60 senators to break a filibuster, and the Democrats are using filibusters to prevent the Republicans from passing something or confirming appointments. I know the Republicans were being obstructionists last year, but it didn't matter because Obama was on his way out. But now the Republicans dominate all three of them (House, Senate, White House), and they are not going anywhere. In fact, do you know why they revised the rule to where it takes 51 senators to confirm a SC justice? It's because we gotten to a point to where we can't even compromise anymore. The Republicans ain't so hot either. They may have control, but the reason why they couldn't pass Obamacare repeal or tax reform is because of how divided the party is. The Democrats are so far left that they won't agree on anything Republicans are doing, so they have to rely on only the Republicans to pass something. But since they are so divided, they can't pass anything.

Another thing I learned is that Trump may have the lowest approval rating among all presidents, but compared to McConnell, Schumer, and Pelosi, he still has more love than they do.

Trump is my homie

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's one of the reasons that, I too, believe the whole "hating Trump" thing has gone to far, there's Anti-Trump propaganda everywhere (even here, in the UK!), children that can barely speak, let alone form their own opinions are protesting against him, it's just tiresome. I'm tired of seeing so much propaganda, I'm tired of parents forcing their anti-Trump rhetoric on their children, I'm tired of people looking for every little reason to hate him. I get that he's disliked, but nit-picking to this extent rather that thinking and logically critiquing him, isn't helping anything, he's president now, your "**** Trump" signs aren't doing anything except showing hostility and violence, rather than logic.
I agree. Telling people that Trump is a horrible person and deserves to be assassinated shows them that you are likely very ignorant and just willing to believe whatever the media tells you, regardless of how bad it is.
I personally believe that the media just preaches anti-trump propaganda because they know that many people will blindly follow it instead of seeing Trump for who he really is. If he was such a terrible president would he be helping all those poor people in Texas right now??

And all those people who gathered in protests that turned into riots, why don't they go help the people of Texas? Huh?

Back