• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Donald Trump Thread

Your signature... I do not take the fact that you don't like our president into much negative thought. In fact, I like hearing your opinion. Although I disagree with most of it.

What I don't like is how you are overgeneralizing. A significant amount of people that voted for Obama, voted for Trump. In your logic, is every person that voted for Trump a Trump supporter, are you talking about the alt-right like David Duke, or someone like me?

Last edited:
I don't think repeal and replace will ever end. Senate re-elections in 2018 will help it though.

The Republicans admitted that they are giving up for good, thus disappointing everyone that voted for them. The Democrats may win this battle, but they must watch as doctors and hospitals reject patients on Obamacare. They aren't doing this to be mean. The problem is that those insurers don't pay enough, and it's highly illegal to charge more for a patient on a government-funded insurance. So they don't accept them. Now imagine if some of these patients had cancer, yet the insurance doesn't want to pay for them. Of course, it can cost us so much that we may face a dire recession. I know it sucks to not have insurance, but you'll be even angrier if you were rejected because of your insurance plan than you would if you had no insurance.

Also, please stay away from TBT's Discord Server. You can actually get mocked for supporting Obamacare repeal. That's what happened to me.

The Republicans admitted that they are giving up for good, thus disappointing everyone that voted for them. The Democrats may win this battle, but they must watch as doctors and hospitals reject patients on Obamacare. They aren't doing this to be mean. The problem is that those insurers don't pay enough, and it's highly illegal to charge more for a patient on a government-funded insurance. So they don't accept them. Now imagine if some of these patients had cancer, yet the insurance doesn't want to pay for them. Of course, it can cost us so much that we may face a dire recession. I know it sucks to not have insurance, but you'll be even angrier if you were rejected because of your insurance plan than you would if you had no insurance.

Also, please stay away from TBT's Discord Server. You can actually get mocked for supporting Obamacare repeal. That's what happened to me.

do you have experience with working in hospitals, or how insurance actually applies in a medical setting?

No, but I know about this from doctors.

Doctors and Hospitals don't reject people on medicare/medicaid (I'm guessing what you mean by obamacare) I've come across many patients on medicare and medicaid with cancer currently receiving treatment. Hospitals don't reject people in general.... they especially don't charge more to people who are on medicare/medicaid. Some genetic testing companies (not associated with hospitals but a good example I'd like to point out) eat the cost of testing for people under the poverty line enough to qualify for medicare/medicaid. I see all types of insurance plans come through the hospital, and most doctors/nurses are willing to work with what they got. Its only when people don't have health insurance is when their hands are tied. The medical system and people in it, work extremely hard for their patients no matter what background, its the insurance companies that make life extremely hard for patients, but those with any plan in general have a much better outlook than those without when it comes to something like a cancer diagnosis.

The Republicans admitted that they are giving up for good, thus disappointing everyone that voted for them.

Wait wait wait, they're giving up for good?

Seriously? Weird.

I do recall someone, I don't think it was a leading Republican, saying that the Dems won this battle but not the war.

Doctors and Hospitals don't reject people on medicare/medicaid (I'm guessing what you mean by obamacare) I've come across many patients on medicare and medicaid with cancer currently receiving treatment. Hospitals don't reject people in general.... they especially don't charge more to people who are on medicare/medicaid. Some genetic testing companies (not associated with hospitals but a good example I'd like to point out) eat the cost of testing for people under the poverty line enough to qualify for medicare/medicaid. I see all types of insurance plans come through the hospital, and most doctors/nurses are willing to work with what they got. Its only when people don't have health insurance is when their hands are tied. The medical system and people in it, work extremely hard for their patients no matter what background, its the insurance companies that make life extremely hard for patients, but those with any plan in general have a much better outlook than those without when it comes to something like a cancer diagnosis.

I meant Obamacare insurers, not medicare or medicaid. But there only some that will accept medicare or medicaid. But some doctors can only go so far on those plans.

As much as I want Obamacare to be gone, I believe we are way better off under Obamacare than universal healthcare, and Romneycare is even better.

Last edited:
The senate has cancelled their vote. Now if they want to vote on repealing the measure, they cannot do it without the Democrats filibustering the bill. However, they can pass without filibuster if they go nuclear like they did when trying to appoint Neil Gorsuch. This may be a bad idea, but we have been so divided that we cannot compromise on anything like that anymore. Just letting you know, some decisions like this (such as repealing the 22nd Amendment, eliminating the electoral college, end partisan gerrymandering etc.) are a double-edged sword. It may benefit the party in power, but once they lose control, it's gonna hurt them. However, there's a reason to stick to one side of decisions like this. For going nuclear, it may be a bad idea, but in a time of deep partisanship, it's nearly impossible to compromise. So either we stick to simple majority vote, or deal with more obstructionism until the next election.

The senate has cancelled their vote. Now if they want to vote on repealing the measure, they cannot do it without the Democrats filibustering the bill. However, they can pass without filibuster if they go nuclear like they did when trying to appoint Neil Gorsuch. This may be a bad idea, but we have been so divided that we cannot compromise on anything like that anymore. Just letting you know, some decisions like this (such as repealing the 22nd Amendment, eliminating the electoral college, end partisan gerrymandering etc.) are a double-edged sword. It may benefit the party in power, but once they lose control, it's gonna hurt them. However, there's a reason to stick to one side of decisions like this. For going nuclear, it may be a bad idea, but in a time of deep partisanship, it's nearly impossible to compromise. So either we stick to simple majority vote, or deal with more obstructionism until the next election.

McConnell is not going to nuke the filibuster over the Obamacare repeal. The 2018 Senate map favors Republicans, and he'll probably just wait it out.

They'll nuke the filibuster over tax reform. That's what the donors want, and that's what the Republicans will pull all the stops out to pass.

McConnell is not going to nuke the filibuster over the Obamacare repeal. The 2018 Senate map favors Republicans, and he'll probably just wait it out.

They'll nuke the filibuster over tax reform. That's what the donors want, and that's what the Republicans will pull all the stops out to pass.

Yeah, I don’t think they can do the same for Obamacare like they did for Neil Gorsuch’s confirmation.

By the way, what did you think of the Nuclear Option on the Gorsuch thing? Was it a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea?

Trump nominating Neil Gorsuch (a responsible & respectable man) is not an accomplishment. If Hillary won the electoral college and became POTUS, her nominating someone wouldn't be an accomplishment either.

Last edited:
Back