• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What was the hardest bug for you to catch?

I still can't catch a scorpion, and to make it worse, it's one of my initiatives today. I need to find one!

Wish me luck so I don't die lmao

Scorpion, the annoying thing has gotten me twice already >_<

I don't have much difficulty with the other insects.

Last edited:
OMG

Honestly reading through this has made me feel so fortunate. I had a friend that gave me a scorpion and a tarantula, in return for some bells, so I have never known the struggle of catching them, I really want to catch some myself now thought because I feel super guilty

Hardest Fish: Nibble fish
Easiest fish: Sea Bass

Easiest bug: most butterflies except the Raja B
Hardest bug: the smaller ones, I always have trouble spotting them because my town is covered in flowers

Petaltail dragonfly, it's because I was actually looking for it instead of just casually letting it spawn.

the tarantula was honestly the most difficult bug for me to catch on my old save, but i remember getting my hands on it after a while. another bug was the scorpion, which i never caught even when my bug encyclopedia was almost finished! that thing is evil incarnate!!

with my new save however i have yet to catch either of them, but i'm hoping luck is in my favor. right now i'm busy trying to complete all of my encyclopedias so i'll be busy trying to 100% them! dreading that scorpion though haha

I am not very far along in my bug/fish adventures but I find the mole cricket annoying because of the noise this time of year.
I also just found a red king crab and accidentally sold it instead of going to museum :(

aside from the tarantula and scorpion, I've always had trouble with the diving beetle haha

Scorpion.. Mostly because it's so rare and I've made silly mistakes when I tried to catch them. And it's the worst when they run into the rivers!!!

Honestly reading through this has made me feel so fortunate. I had a friend that gave me a scorpion and a tarantula, in return for some bells, so I have never known the struggle of catching them, I really want to catch some myself now thought because I feel super guilty

I'm curious how you got them from your friend. I thought you couldn't trade fish and bugs.

Anyway, like most people, the tarantula and scorpion were by far the most difficult for me to catch. If I had to pick just one, it would be the scorpion, though, because I saw so very, very few of them. I spent hours on multiple days during their peak times just walking slowly around my town, waiting for them to spawn. It was enough to put me to sleep, especially with the calming night music playing. Then, when I would finally get one to spawn, it would disappear behind a tree or jump in a pond. So frustrating! LOL

I'm curious how you got them from your friend. I thought you couldn't trade fish and bugs.

Anyway, like most people, the tarantula and scorpion were by far the most difficult for me to catch. If I had to pick just one, it would be the scorpion, though, because I saw so very, very few of them. I spent hours on multiple days during their peak times just walking slowly around my town, waiting for them to spawn. It was enough to put me to sleep, especially with the calming night music playing. Then, when I would finally get one to spawn, it would disappear behind a tree or jump in a pond. So frustrating! LOL

They got it by a hack. It's possible to make bug crates a one time furniture item so they can be dropped on the ground.

The diving beetle is sooooooo annoying to get. Also, I had some pretty hard luck trying to spawn a house centipede, those ugly hairy things.

Probably the friggin horned Hercules. I haven?t got a tarantula and scorpion, but I have literally only seen the tarantula one time in my 3 years of playing. I swear I?d try catching this big ol beetle for the longest freaking time. I could be like in my own town and I can already FEEL the bug preparing to fly away from me. And I was mad because the one time I didn?t even TRY catching it I caught it. I was very happy though.

If we ignore rarity, it would be every dragonfly. If we include rarity, it would be every dragonfly.

This mayor hates dragonflies. I've hated them since I first laid my eyes upon them. They mock you. They dart out of your way. They make you scream and trample flowers and scare fish. I could rant about how much I hate those 2-sets-of-winged devils.

Which is hilarious... because dragonflies are some of my favorite real life bugs.

To me, the bag worm was the bane of my existence and was the last bug I caught (had to shake a ton of fruit trees to finally find one :/ )! I definitely recommend hunting for it before you develop your town too much... lol

I have trouble with the ones that pop out when you hit a rock, like the centipede. I never remember to have my net out because I only smack rocks when I'm bell or ore-hunting, and by the time I get my net out of my letters, the bug's disappeared. Other than that, it's the scorpion because it never seems to spawn for me. I caught a tarantula the first time I saw one, but the scorpion won't even show up. I think I have to spend more time playing at night.

The freaking diving beetle! I spend almost 20 minutes going from one side of the river to the other, and when it was close to the edge it always decided to dive, aaaaa

by far the most difficult to catch is the tarantula because i can never find one and when i do i accidentally step on it or so on and so forth also the scorpion is another one just like the spider

I need the tarantula and scorpion :(
I used them on my last town as decoration but I?m having no luck carching them this time around. I guess I lost my catching skills. I?m about almost ready to have someone hack them for me to use as deco. Have to have them someway or another *cries*

Back