• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What do you love about Animal Crossing?

The_Storyteller

Bells
Hi all,

So, I have a lot of haters in my life - people who don't like Animal Crossing, who think I shouldn't play Animal Crossing, and that perhaps I spend too much time playing Animal Crossing. It's really hard for me to explain to them why Animal Crossing is so great, because they can't see past the whole "chibi, creepy" vibe that it gives off.

But I have to say, I really like Animal Crossing, and New Leaf is definitely my favourite title so far. The expanse of creativity is boundless, and the world is so much simpler than the real, which I find very relaxing when I'm stressed. Also, I have goat villagers that send me presents. I really like how it's basically a blank canvas and you're free to do it however you want. Have a tiny house or a huge house. Lay paths or create them naturally or not have any at all. Create different vibes with plants and PWPs. Furniture customisation. The QR machine.

I also really like how you can build relationships with the villagers and certain special characters. I find it relaxing, working through my town section by section, seeing an idea in my head come to life in my town. I have my irritations and frustrations, as we all do, but I think it's a great game and I really enjoy playing it.

So, what do you love about Animal Crossing?

i like having a world to escape to when reality gets hard. to have a town that you have almost complete control over is soothing when you feel like you have no control over your life.

i like how some villagers are nicer than actual people, and i know that sounds sad, but i don't see people saying they missed me after not seeing me for a week or sending me gifts or inviting me over

Just remember that you are not obligated in any way to justify your likes and dislikes to ANYONE, especially something that gives you such harmless pleasure. As the years pass, this will become ever more clear to you.

i really enjoy animal crossing because its one of the few games i enjoy that require zero skills
i like playing a few games that are a bit competitive (league of legends), so its nice to have a breather from the competition and toxicity
additionally, i cant really sit there and focus on a show if i wanted to, i have to be mutli-tasking to stay entertained, so animal crossing is there

its a really cute game with near infinite possibilities and i tend to be a kind of person to take situations out of proportion as a joke
for example: softly yelling at a beetle irl for flying away

another thing is how long it takes to accomplish things, such as perfect towns, breeding, museum, catalogs. so i'll always being playing! (my current goal is to complete the the museum and all badges)

You don't need to be professional. All you need for this game to win is your heart.

I just personally think Animal Crossing is one in a multitude of games that are so much more enjoyable with other people, even if it is just talking about it. That's why I really like the forums!

Everything. Lol.
I like it's not traditionally game like. I'm not following a story I gotta grind 3 hours for. I'm not trying to beat a boss or whatever.
I like the villagers and how you can have friendships with them. They treat me better than most people in my real life.
I like landscaping and designing my house. It's relaxing. I'm a minimalist irl so I like all the options.
I like fishing and fruit farming and how chill everything is. It's not a mini game it's a real part of the game.
I like designing paths and clothes and stuff for my house.
I like the variety in the game. Nothing is too hard to get or "unlock". Everything is at my pace.
Don't feel like fishing today? I don't have to. Don't feel like doing villager favors don't have to.
I like I can be myself and do what I like which a lot of times you can't irl.

I love talking to my villagers. I love how they love me, and are so nice to me and encouraging. It's a good escape when people in real life are not being nice to me. I also love customizing my characters. And doing their houses. And just having a town that is mine to create however I want, with no pressure. I also love watching the fireworks with my villagers at night in the summer, and how calming that is.

I'm glad you guys all find the game as relaxing as I do! I get stressed really easily and I grapple with anxiety. Sometimes it's hard to get motivated to do things, and New Leaf is a perfect getaway!

Literally everything.
;v;
Animal Crossing games are such adorable games. You can surround yourself with caring villagers and cute things, and you can make your town into something you like, which can serve as such a safe haven from real life.
Plus it takes a while to do things, so you're ALWAYS playing! I've had new leaf since release date and I have 3,300+ and more hours into it! It's probably my favorite 3ds game~ ;w; I don't think I'll ever stop playing it, ever. Now, I just get so much joy from walking around my townn. ^ ^
And also talking to my villagers, they're so sweet and sometimes they make me want to cry because of how precious they are ;//w//;

Another great thing about animal crossing is the FANBASE!!!
It's so pure and cute, and very helpful and kind! Shown by this forum! I've met some lovely people on here and other ACNL-based fandoms omggg cx

- - - Post Merge - - -

It helps calm my anxiety too! and takes my mind off bad things!

Last edited:
Back