• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

If Nintendo Went Bankrupt...

Hulaette

The Magical Mermaid
Bells
Blue Candy
Jack
Orange (Fruit)
If they went bankrupt tomorrow how would you react to the news and what would that mean for you?

They can't -- they have enough money saved up to last 30+ years without making anymore (if I recall correctly).
But say they did, I'd probably get so depressed. Nintendo has helped me through so much in life and I don't think I'd be here without their franchises.

Time to grow up? I think not! *sob sob sob*

but ye I would devastated.

It would be terrible. When it comes to gaming, I rely solely on Nintendo now. But when that happens, I'll probably start getting a job. I was already thinking about getting a real job anyway, but for now, I still have college to go to.

I would be sad. Besides Nintendo, I don't play any other games. I guess I could find something else that I was interested in if I really wanted to, but there is something special about Nintendo.

I think it would be okay, to be honest. I don't think Nintendo games will ever quite be the same again, and the best people who work there are getting on, if you know what I mean, and most likely won't be around to keep making games for us. I wouldn't feel comfortable playing games with ideologies and concepts passed on to newbies who don't get the sentimentality of Nintendo's former games.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, all good things come to an end, and Nintendo should let it be. Continue making brand new games, but when the closest of people to the most popular IPs goes, don't drag it any further than they were willing to take it.

https://amigobulls.com/stocks/NTDOY/income-statement/annual
https://amigobulls.com/stocks/NTDOY...hart&range=1Y&sd=2007-05-28&ed=2017-07-03&p=0

how are they going to go bankrupt tomorrow?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think it would be okay, to be honest. I don't think Nintendo games will ever quite be the same again, and the best people who work there are getting on, if you know what I mean, and most likely won't be around to keep making games for us. I wouldn't feel comfortable playing games with ideologies and concepts passed on to newbies who don't get the sentimentality of Nintendo's former games.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, all good things come to an end, and Nintendo should let it be. Continue making brand new games, but when the closest of people to the most popular IPs goes, don't drag it any further than they were willing to take it.

Miyamoto and co aren't the cornerstones of the company. they have plenty of new blood and prime veterans to continue their legacies after passing on that they've been cultivating for at least the good part of the past 2 decades, and have surely planned on this eventuality as well. Mario and friends won't die with them

Last edited:
That means they'd be forced to sell their IPs. And they're Nintendo IPs so of course they'd sell. The games wouldn't be the same but there would still be new Mario/Zelda/Kirby/Pok?mon/whatever else games.

Literally impossible with the money they still have saved from the Nintendo Wii.

It would be sad, to be sure, but I don't really play any Nintendo games besides Animal Crossing and Pokemon. Let's be honest, those franchises have deteriorated in quality since AC:NL and ORAS. So, unless they suddenly started making more quality games for the AC and Pokemon series, I probably wouldn't care too much if they went bankrupt. I'd be interested in more Welcome amiibo cards too, but only if Nintendo got a better grasp on the whole idea of "supply and demand".

Last edited:
Nintendo aren't what they used to be. I rarely get excited over new games from Nintendo, especially new IP:s like Arms and Splatoon. Although, this year has been very good with BOTW and Odyssey not to mention Metroid.

If Nintendo were to go bankrupt I'd just keep playing their older stuff. Pretty much what I'm doing already. lol

I would be kinda sad but I don't play any strictly Nintendo games other than Animal Crossing. Now if ATLUS, EA or Level-5 went out then I'd cry like a baby

Last edited:
Back