Mafia Paper Mario Thousand Year Door Mafia - Mafia Win!!

DAY 1

Meanwhile, back at the Mushroom Kingdom, Mario just returned from defeating the terrible Fawful with his brother, when he received a letter from Peach. She passed on the information about the hidden treasure and invited Mario to come join her in Rogueport. Mario loved the idea of a little leisure and quickly booked the next boat to Rogueport. Equally unimpressed with his surroundings, Mario quickly searched for his beloved princess. However, there was no sign of the princess and every shady character only gave seedy glances rather than helpful information. Finally, Mario found Toadsworth still ogling the inn maid. He vaguely remembered her talking about going off with somebody following some map. When Mario showed him the map he spoke of, concern began to rise in the pit of their stomachs. Now frantically looking for any sign of the princess, Mario set back out to the slums of Rogueport.

It wasn’t until he found an inquisitive Goomba by the creative name of Goombella that he managed to get any lead. She brought him back to her Professor, who was able to decipher the map he had obtained. He told them both of the story of the CRYSTAL STARS and The Thousand Year Door. There was a magnanimous treasure behind the Thousand Year Door, and it could only be opened by bringing together the Crystal Stars. They then set out together to go see the Thousand Year Door conveniently located in the sewers of Rogueport. One step outside Frankly’s front door, and in front of them was the stocky figure of Lord Crump and a sea of X-Nauts behind him. “We know you have the map, surrender it in the name of the great Grodus!” Like clockwork Mario engaged in a furious battle with Lord Crump and sent him and his peons packing. This adventure was going to be much more difficult than anyone thought….

ANNOUNCEMENTS

1. Traditional mafia KP is determined by (# of mafia remaining)/2 rounded up, however for this game it shall always remain as 1
2. Be weary about phrasing in role PMs. Editing was made A LOT from when I originally wrote these to now, I may have left something off or changed something on one that doesn’t match on the others… that’s my fault not a slip
3. When in doubt about anything please contact me or Dolby via PM for questions about the game.
4. I work until 11pm sometimes on Fridays and Saturdays, so if end of cycle happens then I may be a little late… DON’T PANIC
5. Votes on the Voting thread must be time stamped 10:59PM EST at the latest to count, anything time stamped 11:00PM will NOT be counted. My clock is off on my computer, so I may close at 11:01 or something
6. Post links and countdown are on the OP too
7. Paper Mario Thousand Year Door is my favorite Mario game of all time… not relevant to the game, but I thought you would like to know

You have until 10:59 PM EST Thursday June 8th to vote in the separate voting thread! Good luck everyone

Last edited:
Well here we go boys and girls, I'm going to put a lot more effort into this game than last game (actually taking time to analyze posts, actually reading posts, etc). A lot of effort for one of my favorite games!

Henlo yall. I'm actually here at the start for once.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Here is an rqs i made.

What are your preferred pronouns and timezone?
How do you react to people attacking you?
What will you be known for in this game?
Looking at the player list, is there anyone whose play style you are not familiar with?
What do you think the town to hostile parties ratio is?

1. Pst, any pronouns
2. I get pretty flustered but don't show it.
3. Idk, probably the usual, doing noting. imma try my best tho.
4. Pretty much everyone, I haven't played a real mafia game in a while.
5. Probably 3 mafia. 1 tp and the rest town.

Looking at the player list, is there anyone whose play style you are not familiar with?

hello everyone...

1. Her/She ... PST.
2. Usually Emotionally.
3. I dunno, hopefully not derailing the thread with some pointless argument.
4. Quite a few of them.
5. Probably 4 Mafia, a TP, and 10 town.

What are your preferred pronouns and timezone? i'm a d00d, AST
How do you react to people attacking you? depends on my role, but I either ignore it or if someone makes a decent case I try to prove my innocence by pulling actual good cases on other people
What will you be known for in this game? hopefully analyzing well and lynching some scum
Looking at the player list, is there anyone whose play style you are not familiar with? most of them to be quite honest
What do you think the town to hostile parties ratio is? like 3 mafia 12 town, maybe 1 more mafia or a third party or something

- - - Post Merge - - -

sorry about the poor bolding haha that is unfortunate

Oo the game's started!
She/her, and GMT+8. Game started at 11am for me.

I'd feel like dying irl but I usually remain calm in game.

I'm not sure. But I'll try my best to stay active and focused.

Everyone actually. Except for maybe Zendel.

What do you think the town to hostile parties ratio is?Idk, 3:1 probs

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ebwop: except for zendel and panda. I forgot panda's in this game <3

Hey everyone (Old faces and new alike) it's time to get this party started! I love PMTYD and i haven't played mafia in a while so I'm pretty hyped for this game!

What are your preferred pronouns and timezone? Male and EST
How do you react to people attacking you? It takes a lot for me to get heated, but usually I just explain myself the best I can, or be sarcastic
What will you be known for in this game? My vast knowledge on the game, and jokes, many jokes
Looking at the player list, is there anyone whose play style you are not familiar with? pretty much any person who's joined mafia since I last played (which was like December I think). Quite a few new faces
What do you think the town to hostile parties ratio is? The 3 main villains in the game are Grodus, Crump & The Shadow Queen- so at least 3 and it'd probably be those role names. There could be TP and if there was they'd probably be the shadow sirens

I also wanted to let you guys know that I'm going to be inactive for pretty much the whole day tomorrow (Prom day!)

Hey everyone (Old faces and new alike) it's time to get this party started! I love PMTYD and i haven't played mafia in a while so I'm pretty hyped for this game!

What are your preferred pronouns and timezone? Male and EST
How do you react to people attacking you? It takes a lot for me to get heated, but usually I just explain myself the best I can, or be sarcastic
What will you be known for in this game? My vast knowledge on the game, and jokes, many jokes
Looking at the player list, is there anyone whose play style you are not familiar with? pretty much any person who's joined mafia since I last played (which was like December I think). Quite a few new faces
What do you think the town to hostile parties ratio is? The 3 main villains in the game are Grodus, Crump & The Shadow Queen- so at least 3 and it'd probably be those role names. There could be TP and if there was they'd probably be the shadow sirens

I also wanted to let you guys know that I'm going to be inactive for pretty much the whole day tomorrow (Prom day!)

Hope you have fun at prom. I'm getting town reads from Dan, he seems pretty sincere. However I haven't played with him in quite awhile.

She/Her and Eastern Time/EST

If I'm actually innocent, I'm like whyyyyy. If I'm not, then I panic irl in order to come up with a crap defense haha.

Hmm, I dunno. I'd like to at least have people know I exist.

I'm sure there are many. I still have a lot to learn about forum mafia.

I'm hoping it's 3-4 mafia. It better not be unbalanced. :C

What are your preferred pronouns and timezone? Male, EST
How do you react to people attacking you? I generally think I don't react too much, but when I put a lot of effort into a read and push, then people go and question why I am voting for said person, thats when I get really mad and start to lose my cool I think
What will you be known for in this game? Last game I completely embarrassed myself participating in TownvTown meta-analysis on Heyden. I am hoping this game I will be known for a little more accuracy, a little less meta usage, and being a little more wary on how people sheep or object my opinions
Looking at the player list, is there anyone whose play style you are not familiar with? Tensu, Corrie, Primarina
What do you think the town to hostile parties ratio is? 4:1 seems accurate for most games im in

She/Her and Eastern Time/EST

If I'm actually innocent, I'm like whyyyyy. If I'm not, then I panic irl in order to come up with a crap defense haha.

Hmm, I dunno. I'd like to at least have people know I exist.

I'm sure there are many. I still have a lot to learn about forum mafia.

I'm hoping it's 3-4 mafia. It better not be unbalanced. :C

Of the 5-6 people who have posted so far this game, which one do you think is most likely to be mafia if you had to choose 1?

I'm a dude and my timezone is EDT/EST.
Usually not very well; especially when I'm not scum.
Probably as with the last couple of games I'll be known for not being around enough, but I'm going to try to be more active again.
Definitely Damniel, Seroja, eun, and PandaDarling, who I have never played with before.
I'd guess there are like 3-5 mafia members and 10-12 townies.

I'm a dude and my timezone is EDT/EST.
Usually not very well; especially when I'm not scum.
Probably as with the last couple of games I'll be known for not being around enough, but I'm going to try to be more active again.
Definitely Damniel, Seroja, eun, and PandaDarling, who I have never played with before.
I'd guess there are like 3-5 mafia members and 10-12 townies.
isnt five too much of an estimate? Like the game would be unneccasariky unbalanced if there was five mafia.

1. Male AEST (+10)
2. I'll probably just defend myself because I can usually find a reason to prove they're wrong lol
3. Being (hopefully) active as much as I can
4. 9 vs 4 vs 1 is a good lay out imo

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh I skipped 4, I've played with everyone here I think so no

isnt five too much of an estimate? Like the game would be unneccasariky unbalanced if there was five mafia.

was thinking this as well, but with mafia having only 1 kp each night phase could that make it more likely ?

Male pronouns, GMT.

You'd be lucky to get a real reaction out of me, in general I am a calm and collected so it correlates with mafia, usually when people try to provoke me a reply with sarcasm, jokes and just being plain silly as seen with my interactions with Ness previous games

I have no idea, I would like to be known.

Despite playing several games with most of those people I still don't their play styles, hell I don't even know my own yet despite playing 5 games.

Tricky question this time, considering the fact that there is 15 people. I would say a 3-4 mafia members would be on this game, I'm not really good at predictions and anybody I have played with can tell you that. :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry for not bolding my answers to make the answers stand out more, sorry. :(

Good luck to everyone by the way! :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

On and sorry for any errors. ;(

5 mafia is unlikely, I don't think Dolby would let that happen. I think Prima's just used to games with more scum members than usual

5 mafia is unlikely, I don't think Dolby would let that happen. I think Prima's just used to games with more scum members than usual

Yeah, in Dolby's previous game there were 4 mafia, 7 town and 5 blue roles.

but don't forget the fact that mafia can only kill 1 person each night, so they might have a higher number since they cant kill as many people off as usual. just something to keep in mind.

Back