• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Luigi's Ma(fia)nsion | Luigi's Mansion Mafia | Ghosts Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going with a no lynch for now. I don't feel comfortable voting on someone at the moment.

Ah dammit I missed day vote, I was gonna NL anyway, there's nothing to work with for now.

Well poop, I forgot to check the site yesterday and missed the start of the game. I've finished reading all the things I missed, so I'll go over all that stuff now.

First off, the RQs. I actually like all the questions this time, since they're all pretty much subjective, and don't really affect any views on alignment. I won't answer #3 explicitly, since I'll go into that in more detail below the other 3.

1. What is your timezone?
EDT. It is currently 7:48 at the time of posting this.

2. If you have played as both alignments, what would you say is the main difference between them?
It's pretty much fundamental that Town is trying to push information, while the Mafia is leading away from it, but I feel that a big point that a lot of people miss is that sometimes people in the Mafia will do very well pushing information with the Town. If there are few TPRs in a game, and the Mafia can push information like Town can, then they can easily blend in with the rest of the Town, potentially forcing multiple mislynches throughout the game.

All in all, pushing information is almost mandatory as Town, and is only a tool for the Mafia.

4. What do you think is the split?
With 12 players, I'd presume either 8-3-1 (T-M-N) or 8-4. It's tough to tell this early on, though.

~~~

Now, onto the other stuff posted in the thread.

The feel of toad's statement about it being Summer, and that activity should be higher, seems kind of off. Not because of the fact that it isn't yet Summer for everybody yet, but because it felt more like he was trying to call people out for inactivity very indirectly, rather than just saying outright that people need to post more. Tensu doubling down on it makes it feel especially sketchy, for the same reasons, along with the fact that Tensu is not using his own thoughts to contribute discussion.

Dolby's vote on me seems rational enough, though I do believe there were better targets in terms of voting for an inactive. He stated himself in an earlier post that I don't normally come online here very often (I'm here solely for Mafia, actually :p), and with other people that are generally more active around the forums as a whole, someone else could have more legitimately taken the vote. I'm not holding it against him though, since it's a completely fair vote based on the circumstances.

That should be everything that I missed. I don't see much merit in the f11 situation, so I'm going to leave that be for now. I should be much more active and able to participate in the future.

That should be everything that I missed. I don't see much merit in the f11 situation, so I'm going to leave that be for now. I should be much more active and able to participate in the future.
what do you mean by this?

Sorry I'm late! Was out for most of the night. Expect the Night 1 post soon.

I'm sure this goes without saying, but those of you who have failed to participate in the voting process can't afford to do it again. Two strikes and you're eliminated from the game.

I also understand there is some confusion and misconception going around regarding the two extra roles and some other things. I am going to take some extra time in the Night 1 post to clarify these details for you all. See you then!

zXTk6pi.png

"That scaredy-cat Luigi has made it this far...Oh, we're so frightened!"

The Ghost Hunters tried their best to work out what had caused both the owner of the mansion and its caretaker to pass so mysteriously and violently. They talked of each other's details, their motives for becoming hunters, and even talked about past investigations, but nobody could come to a decision about who may be a Ghost in disguise.

Thus, they decided that nobody would be put to the vacuum tonight.

No one was killed.

I understand that there is some confusion regarding the additional two roles, so I have decided to unveil them and provide more information about them.

On Day 1, two players were assigned the following roles:

EclFtBs.png

H5WRSoi.png

While they have no unique win condition, King Boo and Shivers are special types of Ghosts with special powers which only they can utilise (though it is completely up to them whether they want to use their powers or not).

In a metaphorical situation where there are two Ghosts left, three Ghost Hunters left, and the two power roles, King Boo and Shivers would not be counted as part of the Ghosts' group, which means they would not equate to four Ghosts.

So, basically, their win condition is the same as the Ghosts, but they are not considered Ghosts.

Night 1 has begun and the Ghosts have until the end of the countdown to decide on a Ghost Hunter to exterminate. Once they have made their decision, they must send it to me via private message.

If they fail to make a decision by the end of the countdown, Day 2 will commence without any further deaths. They are encouraged to decide either way before the end of the countdown, however.

Last edited:
OP as ****, at least we'll know if either of those scenarios play out I guess

- - - Post Merge - - -

We're not in the ML situation anymore, we should've lynched I guess damn

it was pretty much confirmed the 2 roles are in the game so, goast hunters are pretty ****ed. So I think its those two roles, two ghost and the rest ghosts hunters

Are the special roles aware of who the ghosts are and/or vice versa?

The special roles all have a choice whether they want to unveil themselves to their mates or not. To my knowledge, they all know who each other are. I don't really see a reason why they'd choose not to, since they're on the same team and all, but that's really none of my business.

Before I go to bed, I will say that I think most of Cleb's post, though I disagree with him saying that Toads summer comment is scummy indirect pressuring. Wrote out on a notebook page a stream of consciousness that gave me little except that Uttu and Tensu probably aren't on a scum team together.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*like not think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back