• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Themeless Mafia-Mafia Win!

My answers were straightforward and I have nothing to hide. If you want to mislynch me on Day 1 over not being specific enough to your liking on a freaking questionnaire, be my guest. If I had said I thought someone was probably this or that, people would be criticizing me for that, too. Some of you need to chill and wait and see who really has something to hide.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It wasn't timid, it was honest.

Don't have a cow man. People are questioning you because your RQS answers are really vague.

I literally just answered my RQS and I never said I wanted you lynched at all?? Why so defensive

Don't have a cow man. People are questioning you because your RQS answers are really vague.

I assure you, I'm not having a cow. I'm just trying to be forceful. If that's coming across wrong, I'm sorry. I just don't see how they're significantly anymore vague than anyone else's, though, so I'm confused as to how to convey that I'm not scum when people are ganging up on me over what seems to me (still a novice player) to be nothing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*any more vague

- - - Post Merge - - -

I literally just answered my RQS and I never said I wanted you lynched at all?? Why so defensive

You're immediately accusing me of being scum for literally no reason (how specific do people want these answers to be? I thought this was a low-key questionnaire, not the Spanish Inquisition). Who wouldn't be a little bit defensive?

The question asked WHY so I answered WHY. It's illogical to guess someone's role based on chance and nothing in your post made me go 'Oh, town!!!'. Please show me the line where I saw 'Prima is scum'

I assure you, I'm not having a cow. I'm just trying to be forceful. If that's coming across wrong, I'm sorry. I just don't see how they're significantly anymore vague than anyone else's, though, so I'm confused as to how to convey that I'm not scum when people are ganging up on me over what seems to me (still a novice player) to be nothing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*any more vague

- - - Post Merge - - -

You're immediately accusing me of being scum for literally no reason (how specific do people want these answers to be? I thought this was a low-key questionnaire, not the Spanish Inquisition). Who wouldn't be a little bit defensive?

Dude, calm down. Literally nobody is voting you right now and only one person has outright questioned you. You're not even being called scum, Hayden was obviously teasing you to get a reaction out of you. Your reaction is hyperbolic compared to what is actually happening.

Don't bring your emotions to mafia, I've learned from experience it doesn't end too well.

"Off-putting" implies you thinking I'm scum, and you know it. And again, I literally don't see how my answers are any different from yours, Bowie's, Uttumori's, etc. The only person I saw who seemed super detailed on pretty much every answer was Toads.

1. What's your gender? Do you have a nickname you'd like for us to call you?
Male, Luca/Lucanosa/Zeta/ZetaFunction
2. How active do you think you'll be this game? What’s your timezone?
Depends on my schedule, but I'll try harder to keep up with the thread than when I used to play last year. time zone is Standard Central
3. If you have played before, what’s your playstyle?
chaotic, possibly evil :lemon:
(essentially similar to Ness's playstyle, only I tend to be more confusing and more chaotic, with no set rhythm or pattern to help stir up activity and I reaction test a lot, even when it doesn't look like it)
4. What alignment do you think you would prefer to play - mafia or town? Why?
Honestly... third party. Town sucks because I suck at figuring out whose mafia, and mafia sucks because all my mafia teams are usually too scatterbrained and I'm stuck as the third wheel on Dolby's bus smh
5. If you had to guess, would you say the person who posted above you is mafia or town? Why?
LOL I'll probably be ninja'd, but the person above me rn is Prima, and I have a null read on him. He's basically in the same position as I was when I first began mafia: always making mistakes, and with each post, I became more and more sus. In Bowie's last game (although I died early) he was berated by Ness for some simple rookie mistakes (he was in the mafia team so SMH for not trying to help him out more), and right now he seems to be doing the same. It's hard to read newer players because you LITERALLY don't know what to make of their posts, because I honestly don't. sorry for the wall and for if someone ninja's me
6. YOU HYPED?
meh. Uwumori forced me to play.... \o

Dude, calm down. Literally nobody is voting you right now and only one person has outright questioned you. You're not even being called scum, Hayden was obviously teasing you to get a reaction out of you. Your reaction is hyperbolic compared to what is actually happening.

Don't bring your emotions to mafia, I've learned from experience it doesn't end too well.

I'm honestly quite calm, thank you. I was just confused by the seemingly random grilling and mildly annoyed by it, because I didn't get questioned like this when I was mafia. lol

"Off-putting" implies you thinking I'm scum, and you know it. And again, I literally don't see how my answers are any different from yours, Bowie's, Uttumori's, etc. The only person I saw who seemed super detailed on pretty much every answer was Toads.

you can be sus of someone you - that doesn't mean you think they're 100% scum. u do realize even townies can do or say things that seems scummy right?

Bc you dodged the question, I put my opinion forward on the person above me, which was you, not Bowie or Uttumori, or would you rather have me say 'idk not sure bahaha'. Also there's a difference between a mere observation of behaviour and bluntly caling you scum, don't be so quick to think ai'm attacking you.

Also, it's not obvious to me what anyone is doing because this is all text, I'm a n00b, and I don't know Heyden, or their play style yet.

- - - Post Merge - - -

you can be sus of someone you - that doesn't mean you think they're 100% scum. u do realize even townies can do or say things that seems scummy right?

Of course.

Gotta go for about an hour. When I get back I don't want to see shouting matches, all right? All right.

I thought it was just a reaction test its hayden

Bc you dodged the question, I put my opinion forward on the person above me, which was you, not Bowie or Uttumori, or would you rather have me say 'idk not sure bahaha'. Also there's a difference between a mere observation of behaviour and bluntly caling you scum, don't be so quick to think ai'm attacking you.

Last game I voted for someone early on that two other people also voted for, but I got singled out for it and everyone stayed on that the whole game until I got lynched, so I was feeling like this is a repeat of that, except this time I'm not even mafia. lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

I thought it was just a reaction test its hayden

Yeah, again, I didn't know Hayden's play style. Now I do.

Also, it's not obvious to me what anyone is doing because this is all text, I'm a n00b, and I don't know Heyden, or their play style yet.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Of course.

as I said in my RQS, when I first started I was like you.

arguing how I was or wasn't sus or w/e didn't do anything but get me ****lynched since every post you make will be and is used against you at some point. As a new member I don't wanna see you quit like me because of how harsh some people here might be over little mistakes

as I said in my RQS, when I first started I was like you.

arguing how I was or wasn't sus or w/e didn't do anything but get me ****lynched since every post you make will be and is used against you at some point. As a new member I don't wanna see you quit like me because of how harsh some people here might be over little mistakes

I'm not going to quit, but it would be nice if people would realize that newbies don't know all the stuff that experienced players do, so I don't know what's considered suspect or not most of the time, and I don't know when I'm being attacked vs. when I'm being reaction tested, etc.

- - - Post Merge - - -

In other words, what's obvious to experts is not always so obvious to inexperienced people. That's true in anything.

Back