• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

30 PWP limit and bridges?

UglyMonsterFace

Arize from Azulon
Bells
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
It is my understanding that 2 bridges do count towards the 30 PWP limit, but 1 will not. Now, I have also heard that only your ORIGINAL bridge doesn't count, but once you demolish it and erect a new one, then that will count, so if you had 3 bridges, all 3 would count towards the total. Can anybody confirm? Preferably someone who has reached the 30 PWP limit and has 3 built bridges (no original bridge). No guesses please, because I want an accurate answer and not multiple different answers (then I'd be back to guessing what is fact and what isn't). I'd like to know for sure, once and for all, so I can start planning all the PWPs that I will build and where they can go, and whether I have 2 or 3 bridges in town.

Thank you in advance!!

Last edited:
I haven't quite hit 30 PWPs yet, but you definitely want that third bridge. I couldn't get a perfect town no matter what I did, Isabelle said the townspeople complained of underdevelopment and I built so many things...built the third bridge, perfect town to the day it was built

I haven't quite hit 30 PWPs yet, but you definitely want that third bridge. I couldn't get a perfect town no matter what I did, Isabelle said the townspeople complained of underdevelopment and I built so many things...built the third bridge, perfect town to the day it was built

I don't think it was specifically the bridge, but rather it was an extra PWP and you need an equal balance of trees/plant life to get a perfect town status and PWP's and building that bridge fulfilled that balance.

Last edited:
I have hit the 30 PWP limit and have 3 bridges in town. If you want to have 3 bridges you can build another 27 PWPs. If you have the original bridge from the beginning of the game that does not count but if you destroy it and rebuild it, it will count.

I have hit the 30 PWP limit and have 3 bridges in town. If you want to have 3 bridges you can build another 27 PWPs. If you have the original bridge from the beginning of the game that does not count but if you destroy it and rebuild it, it will count.

Wow that sucks :( I guess I need to pick one from my list of wanted PWP's to take off. Or remove a bridge..

Thank you for your answer.

Last edited:
It's too bad the bridges constructed beyond the original do count toward the 30 limit.

I made the decision to destroy my first bridge though because I wanted all three to be matching in the brick style, plus I didn't care much for the location of the original bridge for that matter either. It's a difficult decision to make, but I'd rather have 3 stylish bridges though than have another random decoration anyway. I've already more or less finished my park which was the most PWP heavy area in my town anyway. I guess you'll just have to sacrifice something, whether it's a bridge or one of your other planned projects.

I wanted to test if it was the number of pwps so I destroyed the bridge and built a windmill instead. Underdeveloped town :(

I only have 2 bridges and my town is considered perfect.

the 30 pwp limit is so gorramn frustrating, i detest it.

and i just went in and checked and all 3 of the bridges count. i've got none of the originals, tho, that doesn't answer if the original does.

the 30 pwp limit is so gorramn frustrating, i detest it.

and i just went in and checked and all 3 of the bridges count. i've got none of the originals, tho, that doesn't answer if the original does.

Yeah, it is pretty annoying :( We should be able to have as many that can fit! I don't see the point of a limit >.<

I'm going to revive this thread because I just discovered something earlier. My second town had already reached the 30 pwp limit. I counted all except the permanent (cafe, police station) including the 3 bridges because I had my initial remodeled to modern bridge and moved it a few spots from the original place. Anyway, I was curious so I tried sitting on my mayor's chair to check the list. Normally, I should only see the option to remodel the train station as well as the town hall but to my surprise, all the options are still there which means I can still build another pwp. So okay, I've built one then tried to check the list again the next in-game day. This time it won't let me have more other than the renovations. I had this realization that probably the first bridge don't count no matter what. Demolish it then rebuild or remodeled it to fairy-tale/modern/wooden or whatever, it still won't count towards the total, or else I would've been sitting here at 31 "valid" public work projects, which obviously, is way above the limit.

Last edited:
I'm going to revive this thread because I just discovered something earlier. My second town had already reached the 30 pwp limit. I counted all except the permanent (cafe, police station) including the 3 bridges because I had my initial remodeled to modern bridge and moved it a few spots from the original place. Anyway, I was curious so I tried sitting on my mayor's chair to check the list. Normally, I should only see the option to remodel the train station as well as the town hall but to my surprise, all the options are still there which means I can still build another pwp. So okay, I've built one then tried to check the list again the next in-game day. This time it won't let me have more other than the renovations. I had this realization that probably the first bridge don't count no matter what. Demolish it then rebuild or remodeled it to fairy-tale/modern/wooden or whatever, it still won't count towards the total, or else I would've been sitting here at 31 "valid" public work projects, which obviously, is way above the limit.

Wow, this is good news!! Thanks ^_^ I can add another one to the list, yay!

You should count again. I have 3 bridges and 27 other PWPs and I am at my limit - can't build anything except train and town hall renovations. You're not counting the campsite or reset center, are you?

Pictures of all my Public Works Projects

Last edited:
Okay, I'll try to name all. Hopefully I won't miss a thing.

North-east part: Bus stop, wood bench, drinking fountain, traffic signal, video screen
Near the Re-tail: Windmill, Picnic Blanket, Outdoor chair
Outside the villager houses: Fountain, 2 modern bench, 2 round streetlight
East, where the villager houses are located: Tulip topiary
South, at the back of my house near the town hall: Wisteria Trellis, Statue fountain, Flower clock
South-west near my alt character's houses and the cafe: Wind turbine, Solar panel, Parabolic antenna
Center: Jungle gym, Chair sculpture, 2 Tire toy, Geyser
North-west: Lighthouse, Hammock, Tower
Then finally, the bridges: 2 Modern and 1 Wooden bridge

I'll update my dream address tonight or sometime today because the Hammock isn't built yet on what is in my current dream. If anyone's skeptical, you could count them manually on your own. Goodluck ;)

Last edited:
Okay, I updated my dream address with 31 non-permanent public works project or 30 non-permanent plus 1 free bridge (regardless if demolished, remodeled or chose to keep the original).

Here it is: 5F00-0020-2927

You should count again. I have 3 bridges and 27 other PWPs and I am at my limit - can't build anything except train and town hall renovations. You're not counting the campsite or reset center, are you?

I made sure I've counted before posting the stuff earlier but I did a recount and took pictures just for you.

30 is the hard limit and all nonoriginal bridges count

Yeah sure.

wxVfmr1.png

Q7V804I.png

VHMMb1t.png

cjZMIxw.png

kDBBoQ2.png

maDt7sV.png

uJaB9TD.png

c8UI61T.png

74cTzSH.png

cQihj0Z.png

4PapO08.png

lceae9k.png

JxPT4Vh.png

Y6DkX3p.png

ioU7Ms2.png

KmaUGYf.png

Yoc2YRu.png

6xMDcBD.png

yIvZ5ut.png

Vh7YMwP.png

(From top to bottom)
1. Bus Stop
2. Wood Bench
3. Drinking Fountain
4. Traffic Signal
5. Video Screen
6. Windmill
7. Outdoor Chair
8. Picnic Blanket
9. Fountain
10. Round Streetlight (left side of the fountain)
11. Modern Bench (left side)
12. Round Streetlight (right side)
13. Modern Bench (right side)
14. Tulip Topiary
15. Wisteria Trellis
16. Statue Fountain
17. Flower Clock
18. Parabolic Antenna
19. Solar Panel
20. Wind Turbine
21. Chair Sculpture
22. Tire Toy (right)
23. Jungle Gym
24. Tire Toy (left)
25. Geyser
26. Hammock
27. Lighthouse
28. Tower
29. Modern Bridge (north, used to be where my original bridge was)
30. Modern Bridge (south)
31. Wooden Bridge

I never counted the permanent PWPs such as Cafe, Police Station, Dream Suite, Fortune Shop, etc. I also didn't bother to build the Reset Center and Campsite. So there. Feel free to check my dream address if you're still in doubt (that I'm telling the truth lol).
Enjoy ;)

Last edited:
Back