Villagers With Wrong Personalities

Lucky is my absolutely favorite villager (I love him so much ;-; ) and I just don't get it why his personality type is lazy. With his creepy appearance cranky would fit so much better!

Last edited:
Nintendo made a few personality mistakes when creating the Sanrio villagers. Chelsea should be peppy and Chai should be a snooty. Toby should also be a jock, because the smug personality doesn't fit his design.

The main thing for me that's kind of weird is how villagers of the same personality have the same voice. I only had 1 smug villager, Jacques, for awhile and liked him a lot, but then another smug villager moved to town... I just kept thinking of Jacques's voice coming out of Beardo's mouth. Weird times :p

Idk I like Shep as a Smug. All penguins are the opposite of jocks tho, imo. But that's exactly why I love Roald for it.

But it weirds me out that Lionel is a Smug. I think the Cranky personality would fit him better just bc he's supposed to be this older lion.

Idk I like Shep as a Smug. All penguins are the opposite of jocks tho, imo. But that's exactly why I love Roald for it.

But it weirds me out that Lionel is a Smug. I think the Cranky personality would fit him better just bc he's supposed to be this older lion.

i don't get why all the penguins have to be short and fat and round. though i guess every species is pretty much the same just different colors pretty much. some variation in height/weight/shape among species would have been nice. that's probably why some of these personalities don't seem right. they just don't physically look like they fit into their personality type.

Lucky is my absolutely favorite villager (I love him so much ;-; ) and I just don't get it why his personality type is lazy. With his creepy appearance cranky would fit so much better!

I actually think Lazy fits him perfectly, being it that if you had slept for thousands of years you'd be pretty lazy too.

I think Ruby needs to be a different personality, her straight face doesn't seem peppy and neither does her house theme, i would think she'd be better as normal or uchi

I really do think Bob should be Cranky. I'd like him more if he was.

His voice just wouldn't fit his appearance if they changed him to cranky. He's got that friendly design to him, some might see from other lazy villagers and even smug villagers. I can see why people would want him to be smug due to his half-closed eyes and smug-like smile.

I actually disagree with quite a few people here. As stated earlier, I think that Bob should either stay lazy, or become smug. If they made him cranky in the next game then I will either give up on the series, go back to the older games or find a new favourite villager (it'd most likely be the second option, but I hope it would be none of them). As for Punchy, I think he should stay lazy since those eyelids just scream lazy and not smug. Some people have said that Dobie deserved to be cranky, which I highly disagree with. Sure, he looks like a cranky but there's just way, WAY too many cranky wolves to begin with and it was nice seeing a difference in e+ for once, until his unique personality was taken away in New Leaf. Also, I know this is an odd choice, but I wish Rover would kinda dual as a special character and a villager in the next game (he would start a new game for the first player, and soon he may move into town and he will remember you. He would never be a starter villager however. Also, players after the first one will be greeted by a different person). He should definitely be smug since there are currently NO smug cats at all plus he has the voice of a smug villager in New Leaf.

If anything, personality changes should only apply to SIMILAR personalities (e.g lazy, jock and smug. Peppy and normal. Normal and snooty. Normal and uchi. Uchi and Snooty). The only reason why Dobie had such a drastic change was because he originally was from a game that was never released outside of Japan and barely anyone even remembered him outside of Japan so they decided to take the risk and completely change his personality. Only problem is that this made him far less unique as there are many other cranky wolves.

^ At the end of the day it's subjective. I have Dobie right now and I think being a Cranky fits him perfectly. His design, the professional writer theme his house has going on, etc. I've never played the other game he was in so I don't know what Lazies were like there, but in this game I can't imagine Dobie being all child-like with a squeaky voice asking me at what age people start being grown-ups.

i don't get why all the penguins have to be short and fat and round. though i guess every species is pretty much the same just different colors pretty much. some variation in height/weight/shape among species would have been nice. that's probably why some of these personalities don't seem right. they just don't physically look like they fit into their personality type.

True but it works for some. Jocks in this game are a bit comedic so I like the Jock penguins

My main lion Mott, why is he a jock? besides his starting outfit, i think he'd be better off being a lazy type

^ At the end of the day it's subjective. I have Dobie right now and I think being a Cranky fits him perfectly. His design, the professional writer theme his house has going on, etc. I've never played the other game he was in so I don't know what Lazies were like there, but in this game I can't imagine Dobie being all child-like with a squeaky voice asking me at what age people start being grown-ups.

True but it works for some. Jocks in this game are a bit comedic so I like the Jock penguins

After looking at Dobie, yep, he should've been a cranky in the first place. IMO They should bring back Tarou from e+ and change his personality to lazy or leave him as a jock since his appearance doesn't fit a cranky personality at all.

Image:
100px-Tarou.jpg

Last edited:
Back