🌹Animal Crossing Journals: The 1 Year Challenge, 2017 Edition🌹

WIN_20170102_120214.jpg

2nd day in the challenge, but first day for me c:

Town: Cinnamon
Character: Yumi
Villagers: Freckles, Fang, Flip, Astrid and Fauna
Fruit: Pear

I'm really happy with my layout :D

hey! i know i'm a little late to the party but i was wondering if i'd be able to join? c:
i started late last night on the 1st but because it was so late all of the shops were shut and my villagers were asleep!​

Last edited:
hey! i know i'm a little late to the party but i was wondering if i'd be able to join? c:
i started late last night on the 1st but because it was so late all of the shops were shut and my villagers were asleep!​

Course you can join!

Going to lay a bunch of filler path when I get home to kind of make "zones" where I want villagers to plot since I'm not going to be plot resetting during my OYC It'll be super ugly for a while until I get in all my villagers but it'll be worth it to have some kind of order!

yay thanks so much! c:

FullSizeRender.jpg
I'm fairly happy with the layout of my town and I'm hoping to eventually go for something a little woodland-y, the empty land in the middle of the town I'd like to have a bench with lots of trees and pretty flowers! I think the thing I love most though is the south-facing waterfall. Couldn't resist placing my house next to it!

Mayor Jade of Cosmo

January 1st
Grass type: Star
Native Fruit: Apple
Original Villagers: Camofrog, Gayle, Willow, Iggly & Marcel

---------

Main goals for today & tomorrow - completing the 'Advice for living here' section and also working on the town-development permit.
I'm also going to spend today catching bugs and fish for the museum. Need to expand my house too, I'm still living in a tent! lol
If anyone would like to trade fruit or just have a little nosey at my town feel free to give me a PM c:

Burraytreeceremony.jpg

I figured out how to upload pictures, which for a techno numpty like me is no mean feat.

- - - Post Merge - - -

062.jpg

This is my map, the only thing I am not happy with is the diagonal bridge, but I can change this eventually.

Last edited:
Did I already sign up? I forgot XD anyway I started yesterday but I'm not sure if I signed up lol

Like no transferring money or items from another copy or another town. I think :p

So you can't drop off items from your other town? I'm sure you can buy stuff from tbt like gradening stuff from other people and other people are getting items from their friends so it just sounds a bit weird.

Journal Entry ; 2/1

payed off my house loan! Donated fossils to the museum and caught a majority of the January fish. Completed the 'advice to live here' quests from Isabelle, got a shovel, watering can, fishing rod and net. Isabelle was nice enough to give me some peaches! I'm planning on making a peach orchard. Earned some MEOW coupons, now I have 18! Overall, it was a pretty productive day!

SenaiGallade said that you are allowed to get stuff from friends and buy stuff off TBT on discord and people have been doing it

I'd like to sign up! I've caved and bought another copy but I can't pick it up until tomorrow :(
If it's okay I will post my first entry tomorrow?

Also as I'm starting after the 1st is it okay if I set the day to the 1st and go through the first 2 days all in one go? After that I'll play day by day, so it would go:
Set game to 1st (do day 1 activities), skip to 2nd (do all activities) and go to the correct date and go from there as per?

Last edited:
Soyokaze - Day 2

I had to end the day quite early, since I have rl stuff to attend to
Hopefully I will have some time later tonight to try and catch some night fish!

First thing in the morning, I found Wisp's lamp
0102_1.jpg

Then I built a snowman...and today it was perfect!
0102_2.jpg

I started working on the development permit. Started at 21%, now I'm stuck at 55 ;^;
Well, I have no rush to finish
0102_4.jpg

Katrina was in town today, so I got an early start on the fortune readings to unlock her shop
0102_6.jpg

Paid my house loan...
0102_8.jpg

...and had my first villager visit!
0102_7.jpg

I'll spare you the boring stuff like fishing and fishing and fishing and fishing...

...BUT I caught a stringfish!!!! I now have caught around 20 kinds of fish
0102_9.jpg

Ahh~ today has been fun! And Tammy is moving in tomorrow

SenaiGallade said that you are allowed to get stuff from friends and buy stuff off TBT on discord and people have been doing it

So I can just go to my other town that has all the fruits and get one of each for the challenge?

January
  • Capture all of the available bugs, fish and deep sea creatures for this month.
  • Obtain at least 1 villager pic for this month
  • Jan 1st-7th - Obtain all of the native town fruit.

Pictures of the fruits are to be posted in the challenge Discord channel where I will pin them. For the bugs, fish and sea creatures, take a photo of them and create an album on imgur for me to access and view after sending me a link.

[/FONT]​

Since I use neither Discord nor Imgur, would I be able to just PM you when I complete these challenges? Or would it be appropriate to post them in this thread?
Thanks.

Good morning, Mayors!

Since I started my game three days before I knew about the challenge and am now on Day 5, I'd like to complete the first week goals by tomorrow.
Anyone up for a fruit trade? Elysium can offer native oranges, as well as pears and cherries!

Back