• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Describe your saddest moment on Animal Crossing!

My story isn't just sad for me but it is plain cruel. I went to the internet island before the update when you could still exchange friend codes. Somebody asked me if they could buy a wetsuit for 1 million bells. I was poor at the time so duh I said yes. However I should have waited to know this person a little longer. I dropped my gold fishing rod by the train station earlier to pick up fruit and I forgot all about it and left it there. I opened my gate excited to get my bells. However I never got my bells. I lost almost every single hybrid flower in my town, my gold fishing rod, and the wetsuit. If I had known what "Can I look around?" meant on the internet I would have crashed it. But being my casual self I just went to the store to sell something and went outside to "Somebody is leaving". What made my day even worse is that Bob (my fave at the time) was moving the next day. I hope people learn from my experience not to just do stuff for money or bells even if it is a game.

Oh no... Reading this made me really sad. I'm so sorry that happened to you. It's not really your fault though, you were just trying to be helpful, honest, and trusting, and while that's not always a good idea on the Internet, it shows that you're a very genuine person. It makes me sad to see kindness like that abused by some dumb kids on the Internet that delight in the misery of others. I hope you were able to recover most of what you lost. <3

For my saddest moment, last year I took a short break of about two weeks, and when I came back Merengue had moved away. She was one of my originals and had been with me for a couple years, her parting letter made me so sad...

My story isn't just sad for me but it is plain cruel. I went to the internet island before the update when you could still exchange friend codes. Somebody asked me if they could buy a wetsuit for 1 million bells. I was poor at the time so duh I said yes. However I should have waited to know this person a little longer. I dropped my gold fishing rod by the train station earlier to pick up fruit and I forgot all about it and left it there. I opened my gate excited to get my bells. However I never got my bells. I lost almost every single hybrid flower in my town, my gold fishing rod, and the wetsuit. If I had known what "Can I look around?" meant on the internet I would have crashed it. But being my casual self I just went to the store to sell something and went outside to "Somebody is leaving". What made my day even worse is that Bob (my fave at the time) was moving the next day. I hope people learn from my experience not to just do stuff for money or bells even if it is a game.

Aw that's terrible some people are just awful,were you able to get some of your stuff back,I hope you were
You visited my town once and you were really nice☺

Man, that's just awful. Hopefully you at least got some of those items back; you know the community here will always be willing to help.

I accidenly lost Marina :( She moved out today and I didn't even know she was going...

Same. ( ._.)

The only sad moment I can really recall is when my City Folk town disappeared when my first Wii died. I completely forgot about the game for a while and couldn't bear myself to start anew whenever I wanted to play again.

My saddest moment was in New Leaf when Elvis my favorite Villager moved out it happened Christmas Eve I time traveled back a day to try and find out a couple of the gifts villagers wanted (I hadn't gotten all of them yet) and when I came back Elvis was leaving. I almost cried because he was my favorite I always liked older music and elvis. I also really wanted one of his thrones. I didn't play the game again for nearly 2 years.

On a lighter note one of the creepiest things involved the villagers Klaus and Olaf. When me and my friend got animal crossing new leaf he got Klaus in his village. He was kinda creepy and hit on my friend who was a guy in his letters sometimes. His house was weird and it played KK Milonga. Then my first new villager moved in named Olaf who was so similar to Klaus it scared me they acted the same their house was similar and they both had KK Milonga playing in their house. We would pretend they were Nazi sympathizers because KK Milonga has KK Slider with a Hilter looking Mustache (please don't report if you find this offensive i'm not trying to be just sharing a story). Then the frog I forget her name who appears on KK Milonga then appeared in my other friends town which made this whole thing seem like they were moving into our towns to try and take it over. A couple months later my cousin gets a new villager in his town and it was Klaus what are the odds. It legitimately started to creep us out. Finally I went over my friend who had Klaus in his town. I walk out of the train station and all the paths were replaced with the same print Klaus standing with Obey written beneath him every villager's had a shirt with the pattern the town flag was Obey Klaus there were cut out signs saying obey scattered around the village. I upon getting a tour of the new village immediately ran back into the train station back to my town. I haven't been to my friends town since. (Olaf is still in my town and is still as creepy.

When the amiibo update came and the campground entrance was placed right next to my character's house.

As you can probably tell, I haven't had any very sad moments, but I've worked on this town for a long time now so it's very frustrating that the campground entrance has ruined the area of a house I can't move. I didn't know it would be part of the cliff. I presumed it would be somewhere around main street.

when stitches moved out :(

but i'm so glad with the update i can get him back without completing the 16 villager cycle. i'm trying to plot him now but he has been landing in all the worst spots, the qr paths do seem to help

Beardo has been my favorite for a while, but lately I haven't seen him around much. I got a couple of "Love Letters" from him recently and went out to go find him. When I did, he had just been talking to another villager and walked away from their conversation all depressed and mopey. I don't remember exactly what he said to me, but it made me so sad!

The need to update the game so I can hug my villagers when they're sad- or maybe give them chocolate.

When I restarted my town. I had a few dreamies there, too. It's just also sad to hear what Isabelle says.

when merengue moved out of cherry ;_; she was in my town for two years and was a random move-in, i went to both of her birthday parties and she went to both of mine. my first birthday wish was "merengue stays forever"

i felt sad for all of these but for some reason your story in particular made me sO SAD :')

When the amiibo update came and the campground entrance was placed right next to my character's house.

As you can probably tell, I haven't had any very sad moments, but I've worked on this town for a long time now so it's very frustrating that the campground entrance has ruined the area of a house I can't move. I didn't know it would be part of the cliff. I presumed it would be somewhere around main street.

gIRL same omg the frustration.

I guess my sad moment would be when I logged onto ACNL after what I didn't realize was a bad TTing move (was trying to boot out a villager) and Isabelle said Diana was in boxes. It was so sudden and I was so sad I was gonna restart :( I guess a good thing that came out of this amiibo update would be I can just get her card and skip the 16 villager cycle ^^

In my first town I had Pietro as a villager for ages. I didn't necessarily like his design and I found him kind of creepy, but eventually he became the neighbor who I was closest with. I even got his picture at one point. He became my favorite and closest neighbor for a long time, and when Zucker, who was my favorite villager design-wise at the time, moved in they were right next door to each other. I thought that it was so cute.

I stopped playing the game for a couple of months due to lack of interest, and when I finally returned I found out he had moved. At that time it completely demotivated me from playing again. It was really disappointing because he went from being completely unappealing to me to being my favorite.

To be honest I had a lot of trouble getting into New Leaf when I first played, but becoming close with Pietro helped me get more into it because I wanted to unlock his picture. Unfortunately when he was out I drifted again. I didn't get back into New Leaf until I bought a second copy in December 2015.

when i took a hiatus due to mental health issues, and beau moved out

When I put the game down for school, lost it, got it back and Stitches was gone.

in my old town, pancetti moved RIGHT on top of my blue and purple pansies :') i still never grew the purple pansies back rip

It was in Wild World but it says "Animal Crossing" in general so imma count this...

I had a town that I loved and had worked so hard on and then one time when I went on I saw that my town was gone. I then found out that my sister (who was jealous of my town or something silly) had told my little brother to delete my town without me knowing. I legit cried for like half an hour...

But in New Leaf my saddest moment was probably when Willow moved as I had been planning on keeping her forever :(

When I messed up TT due to a mis-worded guide or when my husband got bored of ACNL and stopped playing.

I never had a HIGHLY regarded villager suddenly move on me (Thank the high heavens), but seeing Lolly upset because of something I did, or moreso didn't do, breaks my heart.

WVW69kE2J9cANISTA5

WVW69jyJ4J4c0-8Do4

And one time, in my lack of ability to think, I gave her a pear, instead of a peach, like she requested, when I went to pick a peach for her.

Back