• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Daily bank interest?

Blacklist

Bells
Silver Mailbox
In the ABD section of the shop, the daily bank interest is 0%. How do I raise it? Thanks.

It's disabled so you can't raise it or use it.

ah yes ive noticed that too what does it even do?

Will it ever come back on?

Not anytime in the near future, unfortunately.

I know it was abused, but is that the only reason it will not be back on or is there more?

Last edited:
Why did people even abuse the interest feature? I know it was announced disabled back in the dawn of my membership here, but I don't know why people would do something this bad.

Last edited:
what exaclty did people do with it?

They were sending a lot of TBT to other members so each can use the "collect interest" feature to make a lot more Bells in one day. I don't know why they would do this, but I do know how they're doing this.

Last edited:
Why did people even abuse the interest feature?

certain members have abused basically every feature to gain TBT, which has consequently led to most all the forum-specific alt-methods to being shut down (outside of posting, can literally only think of the occasional bonus bells for directs at this point)

in fact, I'm sure if simply posting had a way to abuse, they'd abuse it as well

we got greedy people on the site, sadly

They were sending a lot of TBT to other members so each can use the "collect interest" feature to make a lot more Bells in one day. I don't know why they would do this, but I do know how they're doing this.

thats all? i thought itd be something worse. that doesnt sound that bad to me, honestly. maybe im not quite understanding what they did, but i dont really see the problem with that. i think im just misunderstanding what exactly they did, though.

thats all? i thought itd be something worse. that doesnt sound that bad to me, honestly. maybe im not quite understanding what they did, but i dont really see the problem with that. i think im just misunderstanding what exactly they did, though.

basically since it pools in all at once, the interest gains end up being larger for people that pooled in less than it should be

like let's say 2 people with 100 and 500 tbt

at 5% interest, separately it'd be 100+5 and 500+25

but together it'd be 600+30

now if they split the "gains" evenly, then that would mean that the person who pooled in 100 would gain 15 tbt as opposed to 5, 10 more than they should've

of course this also means that yes, people who pool in more end up getting less

at least I think that's the gist of how this was abused. I never even used the interest feature myself tbh, so there could've been something completely different going on

Last edited:
basically since it pools in all at once, the interest gains end up being larger for people that pooled in less than it should be

like let's say 2 people with 100 and 500 tbt

at 5% interest, separately it'd be 100+5 and 500+25

but together it'd be 600+30

now if they split the "gains" evenly, then that would mean that the person who pooled in 100 would gain 15 tbt as opposed to 5, 10 more than they should've

of course this also means that yes, people who pool in more end up getting less

at least I think that's the gist of how this was abused. I never even used the interest feature myself tbh, so there could've been something completely different going on

that just feels like utilizing it to help someone else out, though. its not like theyre earning more interest combined than they wouldve had they not pooled together. i still dont really see the issue, i guess. its their tbt, if they want to use it to help someone else make more interest, i dont see the problem. its pretty much the same as if they had given that person 10 of their own tbt, just they gave it via interest split.

that just feels like utilizing it to help someone else out, though. its not like theyre earning more interest combined than they wouldve had they not pooled together. i still dont really see the issue, i guess. its their tbt, if they want to use it to help someone else make more interest, i dont see the problem. its pretty much the same as if they had given that person 10 of their own tbt, just they gave it via interest split.

keep in mind though that I only gave a small example

if you have like many people pooling in small amounts that total hundreds of thousands, then you could very well have people that pooled in single digit numbers gaining upwards of 3-4 digits in interest. which at that point is clearly far too advantageous compared to those with few tbt that don't pool in

plus there's the highly likely issue of favoritism being at work here as well. where the person collecting all the tbt could very well artificially increase/reduce gains for certain members based on how how much they do or don't like them

Last edited:
Back