• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Might have to leave neg. feedback

SilkSpectre

Tiffany's #1 Fan
Bells
Poptart Easter Egg
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Red Rose
Tasty Cake
Red Tulip
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
Red Pansy
Orange (Fruit)
Red Cosmos
Apple (Fruit)
I did a giveaway and weed picking session in my cycling town yesterday as a thank you to this amazing community that has helped me so much. I did not delete the FCs of the people I invited in and got onto my main town the next day. One of the weed pickers showed up in my train station unannounced and uninvited while I was waiting for a friend to come to my town. I asked him what did he want and he said he was bored and then tried to take items. I ended the multiplayer session. Now he has just posted on my profile badgering me to do the second giveaway/weeding I was planning today for a new group of people. I blocked him and checked his wi-fi rating and he has 3 negative out of like 20 ratings so its not just me. My fault for not checking and I'll be deleting all FCs except for friends and always after trades with people I don't know. Do I leave him negative feedback to warn others? Does he get notified I've given him a negative? Do people retaliate by giving a negative rating back?
I've only ever given positive because everyone else has been awesome.~

Eh give him a negative if you think what he did was wrong / bad. He'll get a PM about the rating you left, but if he gives you a negative rating back, just tell a mod and they'll remove it for you ^-^

I wish you good luuuck

Last edited:
Well, he certainly shouldn't have come in unannounced, but then he made matters worse by attempting to take items that did not belong to him.

If you find it necessary, leave him a negative rating. It's entirely up to you, but I think what he did was wrong.

This is why I clear my friends list every night, because people can and will come in without notice.

I, personally, would give him a negative feedback. In my opinion, You should always delete a friend code after a trade, even if you plan on trading with that person again in the future. He will be notified of any feedback received, positive or negative. Sometimes, people WILL leave a negative feedback if you left them a negative feedback. Someone did this to me, and I immediately alerted the staff and they were very understanding and deleted the negative feedback from my ratings.

Personally, I would leave negative feedback and, like others said, tell a mod if he retaliates. Sounds like you had a bad experience that you don't want other people to go through too.

They will get notified and may retaliate.

I prefer leaving neutral ratings for such events, but hey, you can go for the full negative if you like. "Preventing others from leaving/saving IS NOT COOL!" - neutral, despite me being kind of angry with them. :p

The person's probably just a kid, I forgot to unadd someone once after a trade and they would literally show up ANYTIME I opened my gate, I had to figure out their FC and delete them because they would make it so everyone I would trade with would get the "somethings not working, want to try again" cause he'd ALWAYS come, and he had alt characters so I'd be like "Oh are you so and so I was trading with?" and he'd be like "oh, no." while picking up the items... I never figured out who it was on here but I would have most certainly let negative feedback on them had i know which person it was. But they were most likely 10 years old or something

Last edited:
I wouldn't give negative just for him coming unannounced, I get that happen a lot. However trying to take things is clearly not okay and is probably a call for a neutral/negative rating if you feel it's necessary.

Yes he will get notified and see your message, he might retaliate too (that happened to my sister, although she done nothing wrong, she was left a negative message simply because she left them one). However, I'm pretty sure that if you tell someone (one of the mods? post it on the "contact the staff" board I believe) and explain what happened, they'll most likely remove your negative rating if he does retaliate.

It sucks that that happened to you. I've been here for three years and never had to leave a negative or neutral rating luckily. I do feel you're in the right to give him a bad rating though from what you've told. And don't worry about him retaliating. The mods will take care of that.

I'm sorry that happened to you. It should be common courtesy to ask someone if they are allowed to come unless you state otherwise. I'd leave a negative review, as well.

They may retaliate, but you have every right to give them that feedback if you feel they deserve it.

True they could be a child- I just feel it's polite etiquette to ask to come in and then not assume stuff on the ground is open for taking.The other reviews on him say he backs out of trades and doesn't follow town rules so Idk what's going on with him- young, lack of self awareness, or social challenges. I didn't realize there was a neutral rating option- maybe I'll give him that and put a tip to help him understand for the future. Thanks all for input.

I would honestly give him the negative for trying to take your items. That isn't okay to do. I get accidental visitors happen but he was intentionally stealing things from your town. And as everyone else said, delete FCs after a trade even if you end up trading again. It's better to save yourself and others the trouble.

True they could be a child- I just feel it's polite etiquette to ask to come in and then not assume stuff on the ground is open for taking.The other reviews on him say he backs out of trades and doesn't follow town rules so Idk what's going on with him- young, lack of self awareness, or social challenges. I didn't realize there was a neutral rating option- maybe I'll give him that and put a tip to help him understand for the future. Thanks all for input.

I think you should give him a negative review... yeah he might be young but right now he is not someone people should trust and when you give a neutral rating others might not notice it while a negative one brings down the persons rating meaning that the person will notice it more. I wouldn't want my items taking, some people might not see and he just steals things or takes villagers.

If he starts acting better it will show in ratings in the future.

Last edited:
I looked on their profile and it turns out he's 11. So yes, he is a naive child. I think it's good you left him a neutral rating, though.

my sister is only 10, and even she knows to never just show up in someone's town and start taking stuff. it's common courtesy, and whoever did this to you should know that even more because he's obviously active in the AC community by being a member here. not to mention, this isn't his first time doing it, if he already has multiple negative ratings. he knew what he was doing, as it seems like he's done the same thing before. you could also pm him (if you haven't already) and explain that what he did wasn't okay and that you'll be leaving a bad rating, but i'm sure you made that clear when the whole thing took place anyway. i also agree with emachi; a neutral review is easily passed over, but people are definitely more inclined to look into negative reviews and see why they're there, so it'd be much more likely to save other people from getting their things stolen.

and yes, as everyone else has said, try to remember to clear your friends list after trades, it really will put you more at ease every time you trade, as you'll know no one else can enter except who you're waiting for.​

Last edited:
I would honestly give him the negative for trying to take your items. That isn't okay to do. I get accidental visitors happen but he was intentionally stealing things from your town.

I couldn't agree more. The kids deserves a negative rating, he was stealing. I'm sorry this happened :(

Something that really irritates me about the feedback system is that everyone feels like they have to have 100% good feedback, and if they get a negative one they need it removed. You should give him negative feedback for sure, and it should be kept for all to see. When people do things that are wrong, we need honest feedback.

my sister is only 10, and even she knows to never just show up in someone's town and start taking stuff. it's common courtesy, and whoever did this to you should know that even more because he's obviously active in the AC community by being a member here. not to mention, this isn't his first time doing it, if he already has multiple negative ratings. he knew what he was doing, as it seems like he's done the same thing before. you could also pm him (if you haven't already) and explain that what he did wasn't okay and that you'll be leaving a bad rating, but i'm sure you made that clear when the whole thing took place anyway. i also agree with emachi; a neutral review is easily passed over, but people are definitely more inclined to look into negative reviews and see why they're there, so it'd be much more likely to save other people from getting their things stolen.

and yes, as everyone else has said, try to remember to clear your friends list after trades, it really will put you more at ease every time you trade, as you'll know no one else can enter except who you're waiting for.​

I couldn't agree more. I'm classed as a "kid" here and I know not to steal from people. It isn't just etiquette. It's common sense. Besides, if they've been on here for more than five minutes they should know about how all this works.

Back