What is Animal Crossing to you?

Just escapism I guess. It's nice having a little world with lovely villagers to distract you from real life. I recently took a break from AC but I realised I was starting to miss it. Was missing seeing my villagers and doing little jobs for them, missing wandering around my town and having silly conversations with them. It's just a nice easy game with no pressure

It's nice to come home from work and relax in the Animal Crossing world. It's a distraction but also relaxation. My goal is to complete the encyclopedia/Museum and catalog, but also make myself a town I love and can share with others.

It's difficult for me to summarize what Animal Crossing means to me, but my first published article ever was a retrospective of the original game and touches on the subject. You can read it hereif you are interested.

Relaxing, just a simple relaxing game. (that I adore so much...)

I agree with acciolz on this one. It's a distraction, yet a relaxation. I love to just get on the game and go around and do things to get closer to my goals like bug catching and fishing, it just feels so nice doing so and I've made several friends through animal crossing plus not having to worry about how I act or dress or anything is relaxing because it's a game and In real like I'm with people that are still livin' the old days :(

my life. lol
No, its just a fun game to be creative, and socialize with cute animals. With lots of goals to achieve.

Animal Crossing, to me, is a relaxing game to play when I am stressed out. It's basically my entire childhood ;p

It's really fun to me and very nostalgic. It reminds me of when I got my first gamecube which pretty much started all my gaming.

My uncle did have a playstation 2, sega, and nes, but I never remembered playing those all too well except for mortal kombat. The gamecube was actually mine and I was so happy to have gotten it! c:

What makes you want to play Animal Crossing, and what's your goal?

There's no real goal to achieve in Animal Crossing. For me, it's all about producing and creating new ideas to a town that starts off small. The interaction with villagers can be engaging and the special events lightens and grows the excitement within the town. The game keeps me occupied and it entertains me for at least a few hours. The game offers a more laid-back gaming experience, unlike most other games. I love how it's never-ending and that there's still an option to continue and last but not least, the game is filled with cute characters! :D

A fun game, a creativity outlet, a way to help cure my loneliness, and my main interest in life right now.

Animal crossing is the game I grew up playing and the reason I met my best friend. I love animal crossing.

My goal is to have fun in my town.

Animal crossing has always been more then just a game to me. To me Animal crossing is like living a life I've always wanted. I am currently fighting TBI and Cancer, I don't have the ability to eat food or walk, other things I am unable to do in reality that I can do in Animal Crossing. Because of this; To me its like escaping a world reduced to these four walls in bound to a death bed, and entering one that that I can make my own. I love to walk around in my town, I love to plant flowers, eat fruit, and write letters to my favorite villagers. I love every aspect of it because it is simple and its really just living- And living is all i ever want. I really dont know what i would do without it, because Its just so hard to enjoy anything else. I normally get triggered for what I can no longer enjoy because it just remind me of how awful life is, but Animal crossing is a form of entertainment I can not only find understanding in but I can take comfort in and appreciate rather then feel awful for what it could have reminded me of negative feelings.

I can't enjoy much TV, I can't understand most video games- But ACNL will always be my go to game.

Last edited:
Back