• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is the story behind your town's name?

I named my first town Mineola, because that was the name of my first ever town when I started the game with City Folk.

My second town is called Chococat because I couldn't think of a name, so I just went with Chococat after the Sanrio character because I think he's cute

I chose "Salem" for my new town since Monster High (another thing I really love) takes place in New Salem.

Last edited:
In late August in 2016 I had both of my copies (Mew and Pokey) stolen from my living room, because my sister and her fiance left the door unlocked while I slept. It is hypothesized that they are the ones that stole them. Then, when I got my new 3DS and re-downloaded one of my ACNL copies, I named the town Eureka, like having a good idea. I felt I could make a town that was 10x prettier than the ones I had in the past. So far so good.

I used to live in Saint-Tropez so I always pick StTropez as my town name because of the beach vibe.

I didn't know what to call it so I asked my couple and he said 'Mordor'. Now I'm planning to reset and call my town Naboo, sounds a lot better.

Mine is called pinevale because i love pine trees and i planted a lot of them in my town

Mine is called Twinleaf, named after the players hometown in Pokemon DPP !!
Since Platinum was my first game, and it is New Leaf, it sorta stuck when I
was pondering what to call it.

My town is called "Highrose." I used a random town generator to come up with some ideas, and thought it sounded elegant and pretty. Plus it is floral, which is a motif that I associate with AC for some reason. Probably because of the gardening aspect.

I called mine Star Valley, but it was too long so I had to name it ☆ Valley. It's based on my personal project, I'm thinking about it since 2015 or so and I might working on it seriously this summer (?)

It's not a reference to Stardew Valley, but I find the coincidence funny.

I honestly can't remember my ACGC name.
I have had a couple of games on ACWW and I remember one was named Bunnii. I'm not sure why.
My ACCF towns were named Indigo. I made it in 2008 on its release and I wasn't sure what to name it. I asked my mum for a colour and she said Indigo so it stuck. In 2011ish when my little sister accidentally deleted my town I was so devastated as I spent so much time on it. That town was special to me as we used to play it everyday, and when we wasn't playing my dad was fishing for money for us. So basically it was on the tv most of the time. I wanted to rename it Indigo. Then last year I reset it again and I again (you guessed it) called it Indigo.
I named my ACNL town after one of my many Guinea Pigs, Ernesto (or Ernie) he was my best friend. I spent so much time with him. He was a little trooper as he had 4 lives. He got ill 4 times and he managed to march through. He had the funniest little personality. I decided to name the town Ernbury. I was originally going to call it Ernby but I found that hard to pronounce so I changed it.
:) :D :p

Last edited:
I used the name poopa from lets be cops (I might be wrong) and just started from there. My town name is Poopalis and I borrowed the lis from the app metropolis

My main one is called "Phirone" - just because i love the place in LoZ Twilight Princess :)
My second one is called "Kumula" because of the same reason than Phirone xD

Dawn leaf because I like the visual association/enjoyed what i pictured as well as the general vibe (a purple, blue, and orange sky with green from the leaf, and a morning with a leaf being the focus, respectively).

Really, I always never make an effort to represent with names. It's a game, so I never bothered. This past save that I just made, I wanted something meaningful... I was crossed between Deepsong and Palewind.

Deepsong because I always loved art and music, and finding meanings in everything.

Palewind to represent the circulation of life and death, along with the winter's winds coming of spring.

I ended up choosing Palewind, although I keep getting a lot of villagers I HATE. >:C

Back