• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Sometimes I think Acnl's greatest weakness is its dialouge

I never had the chance to play any of the older games, but I heard from several people on here that they villagers actually acted more like their personalities, which I really wish would happen. Like I want actually grouchy grouchy people, I want snooties who really think they're better than everyone, lazies who do more than talk about food and are found sleeping always or sitting instead of running around. I feel like it would make the game waaaay better if they were more unique like that instead of them all just being nice and all asking the same sorts of things. I do however really like the conversations between two villagers, it seems like they are different depending on the personalities of the two parties so it makes it more unique.

"Everyone loves kids!

I just ate 3!" - Wild World bulletin board message
MVP right here

My thoughts exactly!

Althought New Leaf improved on many systems such as home expansions and easier ways to get rich quick, it's the dialouge that's so feeble. Due to the feeble dialouge system, i have 5 letters stored that has Puck talking about Banana Bread. Although your relationship does vary on what the villager say, i just wish that it his more variety and choices instead of your villager trying to write a poem about a cutting board.
They can say things that are chuckleworthy or just plain hilarious but after a while, you can basically predict om what they say next. I wish an update would come out expanding the feeble dialouge system and giving you more choices instead of trying to get a apple for a villager although the apple tree is right next to them (OH MY GOD, GET IT YOURSELF PUCK!).

I wish the dialogue in NL was more varied, I feel like it gets pretty predictable and boring after a while. I'd like to see more variety programed in :)

Having played all NA versions, yes New Leaf pales compared to easily the most interesting, most diverse level of Wild World, but they also changed personalities. For instance I have Dotty in both my NL and WW towns. In WW she wears a design of mine- calls it hideous, while in New Leaf says she's actually impressed, uh, Dotty, weren't you a lot meaner before?

I don't know...I haven't actually played city folk but I really enjoy the conversations with villagers at times.
With the smugs especially. And there was a great conversation going on between Zell and Whitney the other day....I was button mashing a bit before I started to pay attention, but Whitney was telling Zell a story about how she ate an antelope....was just so funny when she finished with....and then I ate him! And did her funny laughing emotion. Sells reaction was also priceless :) they just all feel so real :)

Back