• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smash Bros Were you disappointed with the final Smash Direct?

Were you disappointed with the final Smash DLC characters?

• Yes, I was disappointed.

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • No, I liked the choices.

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • Didn't bother me, I just welcome new fighters.

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • I didn't know who they were.

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters

Ness-Star

~~~~~~
Bells
Orange (Fruit)
Winter Mittens
Yellow Candy
Red Candy
I expected Wolf or Shovel Knight, but got neither. That sucks but I gladly welcome the three we got. :)

I actually really liked it, I didn't expect the new characters to be ones I cared about so I was really excited to see characters I had some interest in.

Yeah, I was.
Only because I've never played Bayonetta though and I don't agree with another FE rep but it's whatevs.
They both look like they're a hoot to play though, and it's nice to see some more female reps.

#RipKroolWolfShuvCena

I was really surprised that Corrin and Bayonetta got in. More Corrin than Bayonetta because obviously all the teen boys are going to vote for the woman in tight clothes.

No I actually wasn't. I wasn't really excited at first when I heard about the presentation because I thought it was only on Cloud, but then BOOM! CORRIN RIGHT IN THE FACE! I'm honestly so happy with their choice for him/her, and he's a more unique fighter like Robin than the other FE fighters! And yay! Aqua's song "Lost in thoughts all alone" will actually be a stage song! That's something else I'm happy about!

Last edited:
Bayonetta was one of my top picks so OF COURSE I LIKE THE CHOICES.

SHES GONNA BE MY NEW MAIN

I'm happy with Bayonetta. Never played her games, so I don't know much about her, but she looks really fun to play.

I will probably enjoy playing as Corrin, but the trailer embarrassed me as a Fire Emblem fan because it just made the series look like the waifu simulator trash people assume it to be. Though that assumption is correct for Awakening and Fates, not the older games in the series.

I'm also kind of annoyed that, even though Corrin doesn't primarily use their sword, we didn't get a character who uses an axe or a lance. The dragon moves sort of make up for it, but if we're going to have this many representatives for the series, it may as well show off that not everyone uses swords.

Overall? It's hard not to feel let down, after seeing other people excited for Shovel Knight, K. Rool, Banjo, etc. and buying into the hype. But for what we got? It's fine.

Last edited:
How did you get that impression?
I watched the trailer a dozen times and not once did I think anything other than "Omg he looks awesome!"
The dialogue was so cringeworthy and awkward. It had little to do with the character and more to do with the reveal.

Yeah it was very disappointing, I have no idea who they even are. I don't even remember their names lol

im ok w it
personally i think bayonetta is ugly af and she kinda makes me feel sick when i look at her but im still grateful for the female FE character. better than nothing

Last edited:
im ok w it
personally i think bayonetta is ugly af and she kinda makes me feel sick when i look at her but im still grateful for the female FE character. better than nothing

Must...resist...fanboy rage...

- - - Post Merge - - -

On a side note, I guess Corrin looks okay, but his reveal trailer was so cringey and it's another god damn fire emblem character like come on.

I had to Google all 3 of them at the end of the Direct, I had no idea who any of them were xD
They seem like alright characters, though I was really expecting someone like Shovel Knight, B&K or even Wolf. :rolleyes:
Overall, though, the Direct was fine, but YAY FAMICOM R.O.B. AMIIBO MSIKNDICNEFN#PO@

Last edited:
I feel kinda disappointed, as we have another F***ing FE Character (seriously, it has almost as many reps as Mario now), and Bayonetta seems way too OP, and just doesn't look like fun to play as.

To those who moan about Sword users but wanted Shovel Knight.

He's a goddamn Sword user if you think about it, so shut up and deal with Sakurai's choices, He's not forcing you to buy the new characters either.

Cloud was already known, of course. Bayonetta's sweet! Remember having a magazine as a kid with a Bayo1 walkthrough (no story things or risqu? pictures, just gameplay) and thinking about how cool it sounded...so 6 years later, Bayo is actually kinda nostalgic for me even if I never played the games. As for Corrin?
HYYYYYYPEEEEE MY BABY IS IN SM4SH YOOOOO!!!!!

robin v2 is like meh but at least it's a new character so I'll probably buy him

Bayonetta looks pretty awesome though

Back