• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Your Wacky Villager Stories

Fjoora

Artist Extraordinaire
Bells
Voodoo Doll
Pink Hybrid Lily
Red Lily
Tasty Cake
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
森
ぶ
の
ど
う
Alright, so we've all been there. The game is colorful enough in it's own right and it truly brings the world to life, brimming in possibility. But, as true fans of the series, we let our imaginations run rampant with a variety of ideas that breathe new life into the characters we've surrounded ourselves with; each villager, no matter if they share a personality type, are distinctly unique in their own right. A simple randomized walking path becomes something entirely different to you. Who someone has been addressing in conversation becomes the next big thing to gossip about.

So please, if you have a funny story, or an interesting villager that you've personified in -your- village, I would love to hear it. I will add some of my own, as well!

Last edited:
I definitely have a silly headcanon, though it's based off of an actual occurrence - a few weeks ago, Deirdre approached me and told me that she wanted to become a fortune teller. But, because she was unsure about what classes to take and even if it was a decent career choice at all, she decided to think about it... and so she walked away with a thought bubble above her head for about twenty minutes. Every time I tried to talk to her, she would say things like "I'm glad you're willing to help me, but I'd like to think about this on my own." I had never previously seen this happen. I knew that villagers could be visibly happy, angry, or sad, but not thoughtful... so it was interesting.

So, basically, I'm very into the concept that Deirdre is a very spiritual gal who enjoys burning incense, buying various tarot card packs, and is very into books about palm reading and astral projection. Kind of an extrapolation from the whole fortune telling thing... but I dig it personally ;v;

Beardo has always been my hubby, so I think of him as a real person sometimes

Despite my three crankies all being carbon copies of each other, I see them as unique. Fang is the gentleman, usually polite (as polite as a cranky can be lol), Chief is the brother figure, and Wolfgang is the fashionista lmao

When I first started the game, Merry was one of the villagers that already lived in my town. When I started playing more, I learned about Time Travel and Cycling villagers, blah blah blah. I had messed up in my cycling, and Merry had moved out of my town before I could stop her. Later on, I reset my town (I wasn't really happy with how it was turning out) and started a new one. The campsite was the first PWP I set up. And later on, Merry happened to be the first villager to camp in my town! I was so excited!! It took me multiple tries to get her to stay in my town, but I did!

I like to think that Merry and I are meant to be best friends. ;u;

I have stories about Tangy and Gwen.

Tangy has been my Animal Crossing BFF since 2007 when I used to play the original game on the Game Cube at my old flame's house. I wasn never much of a gamer, but I was extremely addicted to AC. Tangy was my favourite villager, she is so full of sass and awesome. When I was plot resetting my current main game, I was trying to get my ideal layout with apples, but when I saw Tangy at the station I had to click accept. She is by far my favourite!!

Gwen however...

Gwen has also been with me since game one and I hate her. She is so annoying. I usually love snooty villagers and I just can't get myself to like her. Every single time I play AC, every edition, every multiple copy, she plagues me. She is always there. And she always takes forever to leave. She's like an annoying and gossipy mother in law (in fact she heavily reminds me of the mother of one of my ex's haha).

I have stories about Tangy and Gwen.

Tangy has been my Animal Crossing BFF since 2007 when I used to play the original game on the Game Cube at my old flame's house. I wasn never much of a gamer, but I was extremely addicted to AC. Tangy was my favourite villager, she is so full of sass and awesome. When I was plot resetting my current main game, I was trying to get my ideal layout with apples, but when I saw Tangy at the station I had to click accept. She is by far my favourite!!

Gwen however...

Gwen has also been with me since game one and I hate her. She is so annoying. I usually love snooty villagers and I just can't get myself to like her. Every single time I play AC, every edition, every multiple copy, she plagues me. She is always there. And she always takes forever to leave. She's like an annoying and gossipy mother in law (in fact she heavily reminds me of the mother of one of my ex's haha).

Hahahaha, your gwen story is hilarious!

Rooney came over out of the blue like a quick visit thing and when they do that they're all like "Sorry here's a gift" right? Well..he handed over the 1mil throne (I rounded it off some say 900k some say 800k) then was like "Sorry for troubling you i'mma go now bye". Needless to say i was shocked. I then sorta vowed to myself never to let him leave but sadly i lost him due to bad TTing.

HNI_0048.JPG

Frita threatened to paint all the apples in the town black but Yuka wasn't having any of it :p i found that one funny.

HNI_0037.JPGHNI_0038.JPG

Last edited:
O'Hare told me that he read a book before all of his shows called Digging For Gold (which means to pick your nose.) Then he told me that all of his natural swagger was probably influenced by that book.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I don't really have any, but I wonder if Melba and Canberra are twins or something. When I first saw her in my Main Street I panicked at first because I thought she was Melba XD Then she turned around to face me and found that she wasn't. I was so worried then because Melba is one of my dreamies, and if she was in my Main Street then I would have to cycle through a bunch of villagers to get her to move in.

The only wacky villager story i have is when beau asked me to go get him somd food and that he's to tired to shake a tree. Only when i come back to give him an apple i see him shaking a regular tree. And on top of that there were already apples on the ground!!!

I don't really have any, but I wonder if Melba and Canberra are twins or something. When I first saw her in my Main Street I panicked at first because I thought she was Melba XD Then she turned around to face me and found that she wasn't. I was so worried then because Melba is one of my dreamies, and if she was in my Main Street then I would have to cycle through a bunch of villagers to get her to move in.

Villagers who haven't moved out, can also be seen on your Main Street ;)

Back