Candy83

Óhana — Representative
Bells
Switch
5384-7037-2615
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Gold Super Mailbox
Hello, The Bell Tree Forums Members!

I have a new town, Foster, that is progressing well.

It's in need of some more touches, like with the rearrangement of flowers, a need for more hybrids, and for there to be additional and particular Public Works Projects. (There are numerous which have not yet been suggested. One of them is the Windmill.)

I am wanting to ask Bell Tree Forums members to visit and, afterward, let me know what you think. (A few examples: What do you think of the town layout of Foster? What do you think is needed? Oh?and what do you think of the humans' houses?)

A big reason I want to ask is in case there are some things I'm not thinking of doing?and should be. (I personally love this map!)

Here are some pictures from Foster, with a game date of 05.26.2015 which was actually most recently saved on 06.19.2015, shown below.?

Thank you!

Candy83

HNI_0067.JPG

HNI_0072.JPG

HNI_0075.JPG

HNI_0076.JPG

HNI_0024.JPG

HNI_0083.JPG

HNI_0084.JPG

HNI_0082.JPG

HNI_0085.JPG

HNI_0081.JPG

HNI_0088.JPG

HNI_0078.JPG

HNI_0079.JPG

HNI_0095.JPG

HNI_0013.JPG

I'll visit as soon as I am done plot resetting my newest villager. Your ACNLpics town is my favorite town to visit so I can't wait to see what you've done with your new town!

Town of Foster.

I really like the colorful pattern around the town tree.Great job lining up the villagers houses.The flowers and bushes all look very nice. It's also nice to see some natural grass.

Alice's house- Nice job decorating. The main room is my favorite.

Danny's house- Love the room upstairs.The basement is also very well done.I didn't know that the desks could be refurbished in all those different colors.

Julia's house- Cute character. The main room is very unique. I really like it. The upstairs is also unique, and I love the wallpaper. I love this house.

So far, you're town is looking great. I can't wait to see it when it's further along. I really enjoyed my visit. Thanks so much for sharing.

I hope you get the chance to have a Dream in the town Foster, especially following your appreciation of ACNLpics, HoennMaster!

Thank you, as well, TheGreatBrain!

The town of Foster needs some more development. (I'm really glad you like Julia's house. Her birthday is August 15, which was the birthday of the late Julia Child.)

Foster will be my last active town for "Animal Crossing: New Leaf." (I have four game cartridges; and I used that fourth for getting wanted villagers. My use of that now is rather loose.)

I don't know yet if I will purchase "Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer." But, if we do get a Wii version of "Animal Crossing"…well, that may get me involved.

Last edited:
Great town! I also love the basement in Danny's house! Way to represent left-handers! At my school, there was usually only 1 lefty desk in a classroom of 40 haha.

Thank you, LouisP91!

Your mention of Danny's basement delights me. It's a science classroom in which the Lefty and Righty Desks appear in default blue as well as refurbished green, red, and yellow. I needed to have them be half and half, left-vs.-right, because four of the eight desks are against the [east- and west-side] walls. It makes sense to make sure that they're accessible.

I'm glad you visited.

Julia's House: I simply loved Julia's house! The restaurant theme was amazing! I liked the basement the best since I love baked goods and pastries!

Danny's House: The school type that was portrayed was smashing! I really liked the upstairs because it had a lot of computers, and that's pretty much my life, lol. (I'm guessing it was a computer lab?)

Allie's House: Very creative, very fun! I loved Allie's house the most because it felt like a house, not a school or restaurant (don't get me wrong, I loved those too).

Outdoors: Outstanding! Awe-inspiring! Magical! I REALLY loved the paths, trees, flowers, bushes, I loved all of it! (The plaza was also very colorful, too. It reminded me of Bejeweled.) Your town is definitely one of the greatest towns I've ever seen! I don't think it could be improved, and if you do somehow find a way, I wouldn't believe it, because your tow is already perfect!

Long story short; I loved your town. :)

I haven't visited (yet), but this is what I can already tell from seeing the pictures:

I love love love the classroom! It looks great! I especially like the mannequin dressed up as a teacher. I think it could look even better / more interesting if you had different things on the students' tables apart from the laptops. You could have one with the homework set and one with a perfect apple (to give to the teacher), for example.

Julia's House: I simply loved Julia's house! The restaurant theme was amazing! I liked the basement the best since I love baked goods and pastries!

Danny's House: The school type that was portrayed was smashing! I really liked the upstairs because it had a lot of computers, and that's pretty much my life, lol. (I'm guessing it was a computer lab?)

Allie's House: Very creative, very fun! I loved Allie's house the most because it felt like a house, not a school or restaurant (don't get me wrong, I loved those too).

Outdoors: Outstanding! Awe-inspiring! Magical! I REALLY loved the paths, trees, flowers, bushes, I loved all of it! (The plaza was also very colorful, too. It reminded me of Bejeweled.) Your town is definitely one of the greatest towns I've ever seen! I don't think it could be improved, and if you do somehow find a way, I wouldn't believe it, because your tow is already perfect!

Long story short; I loved your town. :)

Hello, BluePikachu47!

Allie's house was meant to be the most lived-in. And the Gracie furniture for the main floor and upstairs highlight her tasteful choices. The Ice furniture, in the basement, was left over from my original town Applewin. Since I started Foster this past January [2015], I have had that furniture in the mayor's house the whole time. I could go for another Gracie seasonal furniture set. But, it's not necessary. I used the Sweets and Princess series in Mayor Jill's house in Applewin.

The houses for the secondary humans—Danny and Julia—were meant to be the themed houses. I wanted to do a school house. And things fell in place for Danny to carry that look. With Julia, and I'm glad I chose her, I wanted a restaurant with a lobby (used on the main floor) and an dining room (upstairs) that stand apart from each other. That left basement was the logical choice for the kitchen. (I also picked her name because I was thinking of the late chef Julia Child. I even used Child's birthday for this Julia. They look nothing alike!)

As for whether the outdoors can improve: Oh, goodness, it needs more Public Works Projects—especially the ones which help to create a relaxed atmosphere in the northern areas of town where one finds that the Plaza is central. (I had/have been thinking…park.) I'm after the Windmill, the Picnic Blanket, and the Wisteria Trellis. (The latter two are suggested by Uchi villagers. Come on, already, Muffy!) I am making some moves with rearranging flowers (differently from what is seen in the Dream). So, this is gradual…but it is coming along.

Thank you, BluePikachu47, for visiting Foster!

I haven't visited (yet), but this is what I can already tell from seeing the pictures:

I love love love the classroom! It looks great! I especially like the mannequin dressed up as a teacher. I think it could look even better / more interesting if you had different things on the students' tables apart from the laptops. You could have one with the homework set and one with a perfect apple (to give to the teacher), for example.

Hello, Arcticfox5!

I'm glad you "love love love" the classroom.

The second floor is a room for computers. This is why every student's desk has one. The teacher has one as well. And the teacher's laptop was refurbished to black…in order for the teacher to have some tools which stand out from the students'. (The teacher also has a typewriter on the desk.)

I think the only thing unfortunate is that the color choices in refurbishing these laptops are lacking from "Animal Crossing: New Leaf." Come to think—these laptops would have looked effectively terrific had we players been able to use ores to color them. (I would have made the teacher's laptop appear in gold.)

Last edited:
Wow! I really like the pictures from your town. I'll be sure to visit Foster's dream as soon as possible. :)

I think Foster looks really cool, it looks like an awesome town. :)

I did an update today [Monday, July 6, 2015; town date is June 29, 2015].

More flowers have come in. And I've done some rearranging which is more visually pleasing.

The timing is set for almost 05:00 a.m. This is so people can see the sun rise (if they stay long enough).

I will do another update in a few days. (I'm trying to get more blue and more brown flowers. I'm after a couple more Public Works Projects which would pull together parts of Foster quite nicely.)

I like the mix of modern buildings/projects and bright colors. Nice contrast. Map-wise there's lots of space for everything. On first glance I feel like the pond directly out of the train station would be a bother, but it seems to work fine.

Your home's design is beautiful, too. Love the little lobby with the gorgeous furniture. :)

I actually haven't built my Dream Suite yet! I probably should do that O_O

Based on the screenshots, though, your town looks lovely! I love how your buildings and PWPS are placed.

Last edited:
Finally got the chance to check out your town today. As usual, you did a great job. I normally hate that river layout but you made it work rather nicely. Only thing I think would be better is to replace some of the trees in the two forests at the north end of town with some fruit trees to give it some color.

Back