Mafia TBT Mini Mafia XVII - Kissing to be Clever [Game Over/Town Win]

EBWOP: Oh and yes Forek I'm still very heavily against you. If I wasn't sure earlier you claiming medic and then retracting it hammered the nail in the coffin.

Well, i see that as a valid reason to be against me, that seemed pretty suspicious if i was an outsider or someone playing the game. You don't have to be worried if I'm mafia, because trust me, I'm not. I don't really see why others have so much hate for me, i can see why you do, Endless.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Let me reword that, not " hate " more of " suspicion. Sorry that sound kinda mean.

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Forek Then why did it come directly after a quote from Chipped Teacup?

Because you posted right above me? Sorry if it sound dumb.

@Chipped Apology accepted, I can see where you're coming from but leading (Providing a case on someone/arguing to get people lynched) requires effort and can only be fully genuine when you're town, therefore it's a lot harder for red players in general to fake than say following someone else's lead, which requires no real effort to fake. Naturally, one occurs more often than the other, I'm not going to insult your intelligence so I'm going to assume that you, by this point, have figured it out. (I said in general since some people find it reasonably easy to fake both as mafia, me being one of the larger culprits.)

And ah, yes, that's my sarcastic flair. It doesn't obfuscate my arguments though and it's consistent throughout my gameplay to my casual talk so it's not a 'tell'. The worst you can look at it is me "trying to appear more intelligent than I am" (rude) and even then it's not a red-tell.

On a side note, checking the thread before submitting a reply is a really really good thing to do as it makes it a lot harder for you to be misinterpreted, so kudos on that.

Pre-post edit: I still think Forek is red but if I were to change, it'd be to cheese, so I disagree strongly with LeBelle's read that cheese is newbie town. That being said, nothings stopping cheese from being town, and the reasoning on them is reasonably weak, (their content makes absolutely no sense and seems like an excuse to be non-commital) so I suggest that people that aren't Forek pursue Forek over cheese. (Unless you're willing to provide a counter-case on Forek to imply he's town, or just explain why you think he's town.)

Pre-post edit#2: Forek then why did you quote chipped? :eek:

Pre-post edit#2: Forek then why did you quote chipped?

I had something in mind, but wanted to ask you the question first. I don't mind being pursued to be honest, im not lynched yet so I'll try hardest not to by lynched.

And with that, I'm going to leave off for a while.

Dad, expect an opinion on Forek and an opinion on Cheese - and while you're at it, anyone that alignment tells at all while I'm offline and you aren't. Your reads weren't falling too far from the tree last game I'd love to see what you can grind this game.

Trundle, if you're going to advise people to wait so that more content can happen, I expect you to grind more content. Practice what you preach.

Forek correct outlook. Still think you're red, but correct outlook.

Thank you Endless, that does clear up things for me. And I'll bear in mind your sarcastic flair haha!

Also, I am starting to make a few deductions. Endless' arguments make sense, and argues the case against Forek strongly, rather than him making a weak case against someone else to save Forek's self-dug grave. This makes me think he's a townie. However, from what I've seen, Forek's followed multiple people with different opinions to one another (such as Endless and Pillow Bunny). So he seems to be walking through it all blind, which backs up my own point that he's a townie. As for my own opinion on Cheese, I'm still waiting for anything concrete.

@Endless Go ahead and believe I'm red, I honestly don't care. If you really think I'm mafia, give some evidence. I was just saying (in my other post) that I didn't really think I would be able to form MY OWN opinion yet. I wasn't telling everyone else that it was too early to start looking for mafia. I just don't really think by night one I'll be able to form a REAL OPINION on anybody.

Thank you Endless, that does clear up things for me. And I'll bear in mind your sarcastic flair haha!

Also, I am starting to make a few deductions. Endless' arguments make sense, and argues the case against Forek strongly, rather than him making a weak case against someone else to save Forek's self-dug grave. This makes me think he's a townie. However, from what I've seen, Forek's followed multiple people with different opinions to one another (such as Endless and Pillow Bunny). So he seems to be walking through it all blind, which backs up my own point that he's a townie. As for my own opinion on Cheese, I'm still waiting for anything concrete.

When did i follow pillow bunny? Why would i jump from lynching then to supporting them? I'm not walking through it blind, ever heard of different strategies? I kinda messup up though, but I won't be lynched. Because i can protect my self with power. Through power i gain victory, and victory i gain from not being lynched. sounds like a mafia member code or something lol But seriously, I'm not walking through blind, i have my own way of strategy.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Through victory the bar stays open, but the threats are gone, not those looking for me, but those killing the customers.

Followed her advice, I meant, regarding Endless. Your moves seem to signify that to me anyway. But you did do that with Endless though, jumping from lynching him to voting with him in favour of lynching Pillow Bunny, to back again. What power though? The power of contradictions? Because you're not really belong yourself

And Cheese, maybe give some reason on what we should or shouldn't think about you, you're following the same route as Forek a bit anyway

- - - Post Merge - - -

Helping* not belong

@Endless Go ahead and believe I'm red, I honestly don't care. If you really think I'm mafia, give some evidence. I was just saying (in my other post) that I didn't really think I would be able to form MY OWN opinion yet. I wasn't telling everyone else that it was too early to start looking for mafia. I just don't really think by night one I'll be able to form a REAL OPINION on anybody.

I believe that you are red, because of these three reasons.

1. You haven't posted much, nor given a reason to not post. Perhaps you are too afraid of being exposed or slipping up that you don't post?

2. Why can't you make a solid opinion from night 1? Almost everybody else has a opinion on me or someone else, why don't you have one? There's lots of posts to read and deduct information from them, Or is the people posting red and you are too afraid to slip up and get your team mated killed?

3. " This post doesn't affect anybody anyways, so I'll retract my statement. " What was the point of doing that? Was it to get a message to some of your red mates? Hmm? Or was it saying that to stay away because you're gonna kill anybody suspicious of you?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Followed her advice, I meant, regarding Endless. Your moves seem to signify that to me anyway. But you did do that with Endless though, jumping from lynching him to voting with him in favour of lynching Pillow Bunny, to back again. What power though? The power of contradictions? Because you're not really belong yourself

And Cheese, maybe give some reason on what we should or shouldn't think about you, you're following the same route as Forek a bit anyway

- - - Post Merge - - -

Helping* not belong

LOL, you took that power thing seriously, it's a thing from star wars. K? It's not some secret message or anything.

Last edited:
So, uh, "great news" - my laptop charger sparked like crazy a few times and is now unusable. The replacement won't be here until Tuesday. I'll try and use what charge is left to get things sorted for the scheduled Night 1 post but it means I won't be able to check in as much.

@Forek - Do not edit your posts for any reason whatsoever. Typos, double posts, broken bb code - just correct it with another post rather than edit the original.

I believe that you are red, because of these three reasons.

1. You haven't posted much, nor given a reason to not post. Perhaps you are too afraid of being exposed or slipping up that you don't post?

2. Why can't you make a solid opinion from night 1? Almost everybody else has a opinion on me or someone else, why don't you have one? There's lots of posts to read and deduct information from them, Or is the people posting red and you are too afraid to slip up and get your team mated killed?

3. " This post doesn't affect anybody anyways, so I'll retract my statement. " What was the point of doing that? Was it to get a message to some of your red mates? Hmm? Or was it saying that to stay away because you're gonna kill anybody suspicious of you?

1. The reason I haven't posted much is because I woke up at around 12 pm and had to go out for lunch. I've been at the dog park with my dogs for a while now so it's kind of hard to post.

2. If you want me to form an honest opinion here I go: I think you could be mafia. You seem to be directing attention away from yourself and onto me when you don't have any real evidence. You're just afraid there will be too much attention on you and that if you can take the attention off of you, you could be safe.

3. You got me there, I just wanted to post something when I really had nothing to say.

I'm sorry, I thought you were actually trying to argue your case properly for a second, forgive my mistake

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Forek

So, uh, "great news" - my laptop charger sparked like crazy a few times and is now unusable. The replacement won't be here until Tuesday. I'll try and use what charge is left to get things sorted for the scheduled Night 1 post but it means I won't be able to check in as much.

@Forek - Do not edit your posts for any reason whatsoever. Typos, double posts, broken bb code - just correct it with another post rather than edit the original.

So i just copy paste it then add whats missing? Sorry, didn't think editing for broken code was against the rules. I can see why though, some might cheat.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm sorry, I thought you were actually trying to argue your case properly for a second, forgive my mistake

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Forek

Was that a joke or something? Because it wasnt funny.

. You're just afraid there will be too much attention on you and that if you can take the attention off of you, you could be safe.

But the thing is, Forek keeps constantly drawing attention to himself, which might be part of some sort of strategy

1. The reason I haven't posted much is because I woke up at around 12 pm and had to go out for lunch. I've been at the dog park with my dogs for a while now so it's kind of hard to post.

2. If you want me to form an honest opinion here I go: I think you could be mafia. You seem to be directing attention away from yourself and onto me when you don't have any real evidence. You're just afraid there will be too much attention on you and that if you can take the attention off of you, you could be safe.

3. You got me there, I just wanted to post something when I really had nothing to say.

People already have like all eyes on me, so why would they turn to you? It would be even worse off for me, to do that. They already think I'm red, so I'm asking you these thing, not to draw attention, but because I'm asking a question.

@Endless

First of all, why do you want Dad to lead town while you?re away? iirc the reason town lost last game was because of his leadership, are you trying to sabotage town or something? (I?m assuming this means Dad is town since it would be dumb to blatantly call for your fellow mafia?s help).

Why are you so sure that Forek?s mafia? Yes, his posts have been pretty stupid, but as others have said, he could very well be town. The only way you could know for sure is if you?re mafia yourself. Alternatively, you could both be mafia:

My reason for voting for Endless.

Reason? Treason?

And your accusation of me wasn?t ?weak but logical?, it was completely stupid. You said you didn?t really mean it, but then why did you vote for me? Here?s my post and the two above it:

Checking in :3

Hi all, checking in. :)

Checking in :D

My post was a CC of the one above it, but LaBelle?s wasn?t? I haven?t seen enough of LaBelle?s posts to be able to tell if she?s mafia or not, so I?m going to assume you were just accusing me randomly.

You?ve also claimed that trying to lynch random people means you?re mafia, but look what you?ve done:

Endless said:
Well boys and girls, Forek doesn't care who he's lynching.

##VOTE: Forek

##UNVOTE: Forek
##VOTE: LeBelle

##UNOVTE: LeBelle
##VOTE: Pillow bunny

##UNVOTE: Pillow bunny
##VOTE: Forek

hey guys I'll post in a bit but

typical apple chargers rofl

@Endless

First of all, why do you want Dad to lead town while you’re away? iirc the reason town lost last game was because of his leadership, are you trying to sabotage town or something? (I’m assuming this means Dad is town since it would be dumb to blatantly call for your fellow mafia’s help).

Why are you so sure that Forek’s mafia? Yes, his posts have been pretty stupid, but as others have said, he could very well be town. The only way you could know for sure is if you’re mafia yourself. Alternatively, you could both be mafia:

And your accusation of me wasn’t “weak but logical”, it was completely stupid. You said you didn’t really mean it, but then why did you vote for me? Here’s my post and the two above it:

My post was a CC of the one above it, but LaBelle’s wasn’t? I haven’t seen enough of LaBelle’s posts to be able to tell if she’s mafia or not, so I’m going to assume you were just accusing me randomly.

You’ve also claimed that trying to lynch random people means you’re mafia, but look what you’ve done:

I didnt think voting for you was the right choice, because i knew that Endless and then Cheese would have a higher chance to be red.
You don't seem like you would be a mafia, based on your posts, actions, and other things. Thats why i retracted your vote.

- - - Post Merge - - -

That was a stupid decision by me but i wanted to play that card to see how the train rolled. It's all about playing your target. After i voted for you, endless got a lil funny sounding. So i retracted the vote, and now we are here. Think his opposition has to do with voting for you?

I didn't get all my yardwork or exercise done in time for the rain. So it's time to feel miserable and waste an hour with mafia!

So I'm going to guess we're going to have a long day one due to Tina's laptop - while I hate long days, it's a good thing considering how long this game took to start off and how some players haven't been around since June, giving them time to check the site because they got a role PM. Hopefully and hypothetically. I'm very much against lynching an inactive, let them modkill flip. I think we're all on the same page about that though.

Anyways, Endless. The thing that makes me hesitant with playing with you is that I've only shared one game with you and you were mafia in it, so I haven't seen you play as town yet. Yeah, don't rely on meta, I know. Except I do to a certain extent with players who don't cover their tracks well - but I don't suspect you're one who doesn't know how to do that. So far, from what I can tell, what you're doing is you're baiting and fishing through the players you perceive as newer to mafia because in terms of getting your tells straight, that's a decent organizational strategy. These are the players you've fished through so far: Forek, pillowbunny, chees4mees, and Chipped-Teacup. This is some decent day1 work and I'm going to take all your work and use it for myself selfishly. :lemon: Anyways, out of those four, the one that really doesn't raise a flag for me is Chipped-Teacup. I get the sense that they're new to the game and are authentically in a position of uncertainty that you wouldn't have if you were both new to the game and mafia (with knowledge about at least a few other people). Their current reads on Forek are also weak/inattentive but forgivable. Two out of the other three 'baited' I mentioned haven't exactly given me these vibes yet, although I get them from LaBelleFleur a little even though they haven't really been baited for anything. Anyways, onto chees4mees, pillowbunny, and

As for chees4mees, this quote is what I want to bring into light:

I think this is chees4mees' way of sheeping Forek and trying to give reason to do so, hence 'okay here's my honest opinion'. And it's the trying of the reasoning that makes me not question their authenticity too much.

On Forek? Well, he's this long day's pinball and I'm not going to sit down and look at him in detail until he's done bumping everyone and slowed down.

Last but not least, pillowbunny. I enjoyed playing with this person last game because at the end of the game they were the only person I trusted, in part due to their newness. But this is their second game and something is really different about it: the long post they made about Endless vs Forek gives me vibes of trying too hard to seem objective and analytical right off the bat. It seemed forced.

As for the rest of the pot, I'm going to let it steep for a while since we've got the time and they're more experienced players who I think are very capable of covering their tracks/playstyle, these people being Trundle (all we have is him being hypocritical about randomvoting even though he did it last game), Tom (all I can say is I expect something at some point even though it's day one and he gets lazy with those), Superpenguin (I have some thoughts here but eh), Cariad (a few here too, but another 'eh'*), and Endless. And then the rest of the pot isn't alive yet: anyone I haven't mentioned/was in pillowbunny's list of inactives.

*'eh' = just some things I'm going to remember down the line but don't feel the need to point out just yet.

This is why I have trouble forming opinions on the first day. There's so much going on and very little evidence. The evidence that happens to be there is hidden in large amounts of text. Although, I'm starting to think that Endless really is mafia. I mean, what was with that accusation of Pillow Bunny's "checking in" post being a carbon copy of the two above it. That is literally the worst accusation I have ever heard of.

Back