• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smash Bros Your views on "For Glory"

Hyoshido

Sometimes, he do miss
Bells
Switch
7830-5796-7006
New Horizons Token
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Jingle Christmas Doll
Poptart Easter Egg
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Yellow Pansy
Yellow Cosmos
Red Cosmos
Red Cosmos
User Title Color Change
Elaborate on your opinion of the infamous "For Glory" mode, may it be from typical users trying to spike as Greninja and constantly die, Little Mac's who roll off the stage or even those Try hard Falcon users, Share your opinion, because I'm about done with about half of the people on there!

For Glory was a really good addition to Smash 4. Many people find Smash's default matchmaking system lackluster and prefer squaring off 1 on 1 with stocks. Its a good feature that keeps the competitive players in mind. I prefer playing it when I want to Smash I've got no one to play with.

Last edited:
full of little macs and spamus/ zero suit spamus

This and grab spammers. For Glory is challenging, but so many of the people on it fight dirty it's not even funny. Ness users, if you have to rely on your side throw/pk fire the entire game to kill people that is brainless effort. Projectile users, if you have to spam your opponent with projectiles the entire game avoiding close combat, that is little effort. Grab spammers, if you have to rely on trapping people in grab combos to win the game, that is a sour effort.

These are my opinions on these users. Feel free to disagree with them if you wish. With that being said, I do pretty good on For Glory. It's just very frustrating dealing with these people. I won't even get started on the over-effectiveness of shields in this game.

full of little macs and spamus/zero skill spamus
fixed ur post 8)

grab spammers.
Ugh, tell me about it, I was fighting this half decent Falcon user earlier, then he started to use down grabs to constant Up A's, It was boring and it just really got on my nerves a few matches in because he'd taunt every single time he'd get a kill, he manged to mess up my air dodge and got a K.O.J kill, so good for him.

Although I went Robin the once and he died from my dropped Levin which canceled out his second jump and he didn't act fast enough to recover, I kek'd so hard.

I was playing this girl as rob and she kept spamming projectiles. I then called her a spammer and she started spamming grab, down and up air. Imo for glory is become ****ter as time goes on...

Spamus is seriously the worst, the projectiles are too strong and big, but I'd do better if it was Battlefield or something.

I've never been grab spammed, but sometimes I do it. Not on purpose, but when I grab and throw someone and they think the best thing to do is jump right in front of me and get grabbed again, I'll throw you as much as I want because I don't have to move from my 1 spot.

Last edited:
I've never met spammy players on for glory. In fact most of the time I come across quite good players.

lol mfw people camp out on one side of the stage with their shield up waiting for you to approach them so they can grab you

I've never met spammy players on for glory. In fact most of the time I come across quite good players.
You jestin'? you must have a mid win/lose rate then because that's where majority of the good players are, even some good people can be defeated by spam 8(

lol mfw people camp out on one side of the stage with their shield up waiting for you to approach them so they can grab you
So basically this is Little Mac's POV everytime.

You jestin'? you must have a mid win/lose rate then because that's where majority of the good players are, even some good people can be defeated by spam 8(

If I spam I get my butt kicked, so I guess it has to be my higher win/lose ratio.

I prefer training with friends anyway, I dislike that For Glory doesn't include Battlefield, Lylat, Smashville, Town and City or any of the other legal stages.

Most players I've seen online are tryhard Falcon or Sheik players, little macs that always run and dash attack, spamus/zero suit spamus, players that roll everywhere, smash spammers, counter spammers, campers, terrible yoshi players, dair happy toon link players, occasional good players, and occasional really bad players that don't know how to play.

Fundamentally it's unbalanced because Omegas are the only stage. They should have created Battlefield variations of all stages as well (maybe call them Alpha stages) and have the stage switch between the Omega and Alpha each match.

The Omegas heavily favor projectile spamming and camping. Adding Battlefield would get to limit those strategies for at least one round.

and Battlefield is just the superior stage in general.

Last edited:
I was playing team smash today and was up against a Link and a Samus.
"This shouldn't be too h-WAIT. THEY BETTER NOT-"
More spam was seen that battle than all battles on the face of the Earth combined.
R.I.P. Any character without a reflector.

More spam was seen that battle than all battles on the face of the Earth combined.

Did your team win the battle in the end? Regardless of the results I would've left the room afterward. Battles with so much spam is not fun to play with.

Me. Marth. ****ed.

Last edited:
Its not that difficult to deal with projectile spammers, IMO. You just have to punish them accordingly.

Its not that difficult to deal with projectile spammers, IMO. You just have to punish them accordingly.
There's alot of people who don't know about Ness' bat. And for that, it makes everything so much sweeter.

Me. Marth. ****ed.

Actually my partner was Marth lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

Did your team win the battle in the end? Regardless of the results I would've left the room afterward. Battles with so much spam is not fun to play with.

The other team won, I got 2 kills and died once, partner got no kills and died twice.

Last edited:
I know I've said this before, but the main problem with For Glory, in my honest opinion, is a lack of platforms. I don't see what's wrong with adding some platforms to at least a few of the omega stages to keep things interesting, or even making versions of the stage with the gimmicks removed (Pyrosphere, Dr. Wily). That, and platform setups add some variety to the game; after all, Smash 4 tournaments are generally done with a set of multiple different stages rather than just one. Reason being, omega stages favor characters who can dominate the ground and they don't let the characters who benefit from stage platforms show off as much as they possibly could, a little saddening.

That complaint aside, I don't mind For Glory mode at all. It's a very good addition to the game...except for team matches being timed; if they weren't, I would definitely play team battles instead of just 1v1ing all the time zel.

Last edited:
Back